Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Treadmills- who actually uses them?

What's your guys' opinion in that new thing... (Can't remember the name) it's a mix btwn a tread mill/ climber, and elliptical? You walk but each side goes up and down. I think it's a bow flex? It claims to burn twice as many calories in the same amount of time. Anyone use those?

They used to have two of these in my gym. They broke down all of the time ... ppl at gyms are hard on machines though! It was a good work out from what I remember but the one at my gym only would go up to 4.0 mph I think. IDK if you buy one from them if it's limited, maybe that was just applicable at the gym? (so no one got hurt) It does take some coordination to do!

What's your guys' opinion in that new thing... (Can't remember the name) it's a mix btwn a tread mill/ climber' date=' and elliptical? You walk but each side goes up and down. I think it's a bow flex? It claims to burn twice as many calories in the same amount of time. Anyone use those?[/quote']

Treadclimber....I've heard the same thing about their reliability issues....but the big thing to me is that big fat lie they keep telling about burning twice the calories. Calorie burning is all about physical effort. The more effort you expend the more calories you burn, doesn't matter if you're on a treadclimber, treadmill or elliptical.

Then there is the whole issue of fat burning vs glycogen burning....or aerobic vs anaerobic. The treadclimber may be a very tough workout, but if it's so tough you can only do half as long then you're probably anaerobic meaning you're likely not burning any fat. Aerobic activity keeps you in a certain heart rate zone because that is where you're burning fat AND able to stay there for an extended period of time.

But that's just my view....if you like it do it.

I don't do gyms. I'd love to get a treadmill! Maybe in the Spring. In the summer I walk the neighborhood or a park. Right now I do Walk Away the Pounds.

I have heard the Treadclimber is not worth the money.

not I.

Edited--

I don't know what I want! Lol

Craigslist!! When people get tired of using them as clothes hangers they sell them cheap!! :P

(Edit) Oops sorry fiddleman already mentioned it sorry

:(

ah, I do walk at several different places they have seamed into my area. Really,Sorry, Maybe over did my needs, yet, reason enough I got a treadmill, as do others. My bike has been rusting for 2 years outside now, my bike 3 bikes ago I beat against a fence because I was tired of using it as my only transportation, ah, go figure ?

http://www.traillink.com/state/ct-trails.aspx

no nibs, yuck. Artisana Coconut Butter-Cacao Bliss.

Butterthebean, not in the winter and middle of humid summer in Missouri, and with 24 mouths to feed and wipe. (Exaggeration) this mamas gotta do the best she can. :)

Only if we were rich, lol, we can buy the 1 or more machines of our choice and put them into our central air conditioned homes to use when we'd like and take a sauna then swim in our pool all while some else wathces the kids. Gyms have fees too, crowds, as well as smells and noise and what have you, Just 2 years of the treadmill at home will make a world of difference,

May need some type small dumbells amytug, think of that alittle, doesn't need be allot but some muscle build is good when running to keep balance. You know plastic hand weights, just something extra.

Butterthebean, not in the winter and middle of humid summer in Missouri, and with 24 mouths to feed and wipe. (Exaggeration) this mamas gotta do the best she can. :)

How many kids do you ACTUALLY have?

........ you live in a shoe, don't you?

I use a treadmill. Mine is chilling in storage in Virginia right now because 1) hauling it to Central Asia would have been too much added weight to my shipment and 2) I would have needed a transformer and one of these regulator boxes to use it. Too much trouble.

But I LOVE my treadmill and actually hop on it every day in my normal life. My husband cannot stand running indoors, but I have an old injury in my ankle (screws and damaged ligaments) and don't like to risk running on uneven ground. I also have young kids at home and dropping everything to run to the gym isn't a real option. We won't even mention that the only suitable gym here is at the Hyatt, and clear on the other end of town, too.

I'm pretty sure my treadmill is the item I miss most that's in storage. I'll ooh and aah when I finally get to unpack it in a few months!

For me (a busy mom/housewife that has a huge number of social obligations already) nothing beats being able to get in a short bit of exercise even at ten pm, wearing flannel pj pants and a sloppy tee shirt. It's better than nothing, and as my two years in Bishkek has proven, without my treadmill? I do nothing. I chase my kids, cook or bake all day, go to meetings with the international community and come home with no energy to get dressed and drive to the Hyatt for any reason.

I never fold mine up and I leave it in a room where I pass it every day. It's usually away from the kids' rooms but near where our computers or a television is posted...this means I'm guilted into hopping on every night when I'd otherwise waste those hours on the laptop or watching television shows I could really care less about. For me, this works quite effectively. Your mileage may vary. :)

~Cheri

Dean, I have 6. 11,9,7,6,3,&1. It feels like a billion, and I feel like a broken record when I type that "I've got 6 kids" and any variation of that, so I mix it up a little. I also get bored easily....

Clk, That's what I'm saying(high five?) lol just jump on in my rags, get all sweaty and stuff where noone can see me, get a shower when I can, and go on. I'm a big homebody so I think it'd work.

Dean' date=' I have 6. 11,9,7,6,3,&1. It feels like a billion, and I feel like a broken record when I type that "I've got 6 kids" and any variation of that, so I mix it up a little. I also get bored easily....

Clk, That's what I'm saying(high five?) lol just jump on in my rags, get all sweaty and stuff where noone can see me, get a shower when I can, and go on. I'm a big homebody so I think it'd work.[/quote']

Wow!!!! You've been busy.