Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Treadmills- who actually uses them?

So like, do they sell you a book or dvd ?

I see a forum and inroduction web page searching it.

I am starting on a home treadmill as well very soon, still in transit shipping.

ohhh there is an app, and a website for c25k. Just google it??

Wow!!!! You've been busy.

hahaha I get that a lot! and "boy, you've got your hands full!" and "you do know what causes that, dont you?"

my reply to that one is "yes, and we like it." B)

darn it, i attached a photo of the kids from my phone but its not showing up on my pc.. hrm.. no biggie...

I'm back on my treadmill. I've had it a little over a year and had a little slump of not using it in the fall, but I'm back on for a few weeks now.

I'm a single parent so the gym is hard for me. If I join and want to go do a class, my 4yr old son has to go to the kinder-care at the gym which might be fine but it would take me away from him for much longer than a hop on my treadmill. I'd rather be with my son than have him dumped off on strangers for another chunk of his day. It's easy for me to get him going with dinner and then jump on the treadmill for 30-40 minutes.

I have a decent treadmill I got a Sears for less than $500. It's not super fancy, but it inclines and has good speed adjustments. There are a bunch of "weight loss" programs that can be used, but I tend to just set it manually and go along at 7 degrees incline at about 3.5mph. I try to run a few steps here and there but I'm not a runner. There are arm things included that I don't have attached yet but might do me some good!

I do like elliptical machines and in retrospect might have considered one of them - at least tried them out a little to compare. I bought the treadmill before my surgery and an elliptical machine would have probably killed me! =) Now, it'd be nice.

I'm back on my treadmill. I've had it a little over a year and had a little slump of not using it in the fall' date=' but I'm back on for a few weeks now.

I'm a single parent so the gym is hard for me. If I join and want to go do a class, my 4yr old son has to go to the kinder-care at the gym which might be fine but it would take me away from him for much longer than a hop on my treadmill. I'd rather be with my son than have him dumped off on strangers for another chunk of his day. It's easy for me to get him going with dinner and then jump on the treadmill for 30-40 minutes.

I have a decent treadmill I got a Sears for less than 500. It's not super fancy, but it inclines and has good speed adjustments. There are a bunch of "weight loss" programs that can be used, but I tend to just set it manually and go along at 7 degrees incline at about 3.5mph. I try to run a few steps here and there but I'm not a runner. There are arm things included that I don't have attached yet but might do me some good!

I do like elliptical machines and in retrospect might have considered one of them - at least tried them out a little to compare. I bought the treadmill before my surgery and an elliptical machine would have probably killed me! =) Now, it'd be nice.[/quote']

Thanks for your input. I found a couple for under 500 but since I'm still 230 lbs, I wonder if I need the more heavy duty on deck suspension I believe it's called.

I'm liking the $777 proform 795 and the $999 proform 995. I'm not sure of I need he extras the 995 offers. I REALLY want the $1600 precor. I digress.

I really love that the lifespan compact models but I'm certain they wouldn't hold up to my heaviness and there are quite a few reviews about then just stopping. That's not good!! 0.o it's so tiny though, would be fabulous in our house where space is precious.

Go for a model that says unlimited weight ( basically 500 lb). The motor will be really high quality and not break on you.

Go for a model that says unlimited weight ( basically 500 lb). The motor will be really high quality and not break on you.

But none of them say that!!! Maybe none of the folding treadmills can stand that much? Hm. Highest Ive seen is 350

Well I thought the 5k precor said max 335 lbs but that was the weight of the unit. Woah.

Mr.Butterthebean,

Your green formula is inspiration enough try just as you wrote it, I willing to give a go in some weeks from now when I think I can fill up more and faster with it, right now I get still a bogged down full feeling and am using small drink I just fudge together. Like that spirillina and in tiny amount too, gets me through at this point extending what the start was like for me. I have several more powders also, but I'll tell you I can probably still just use a shot galss with every meal and snack and but I miss some of feeling the real charge you get from a well made blender drink or juicing.

How long does it take you to drink it ?

amytug, a best old friend/friends had 8 kids in that family, they're house was a riot, I practicaly lived there some of the time when I was allot younger as a teenager.

Dean, I have 6. 11,9,7,6,3,&1. It feels like a billion, and I feel like a broken record when I type that "I've got 6 kids" and any variation of that, so I mix it up a little. I also get bored easily....

Clk, That's what I'm saying(high five?) lol just jump on in my rags, get all sweaty and stuff where noone can see me, get a shower when I can, and go on. I'm a big homebody so I think it'd work.

That's awesome. Would love to see a photo.

home page national directory; http://www.trails.com

I tell you in person wood lined trail parks is a most relaxing and child friendly way to do what these guys are spending there time to say.

Just seems a funny thing to see it here.

Edit: ditto on; Would love to see a photo.

Edited by JKG

Amy and All - I've had really good success at following recommendations by Consumer Reports. I think a year's subscription is only about $25 that is money well spent. I'm certain they have something for all sorts of fitness equipment - especially treadmills. Any recommendation I've followed from them, I've been extremely happy with.

But none of them say that!!! Maybe none of the folding treadmills can stand that much? Hm. Highest Ive seen is 350

The 500 lb limit might only be on commercial or upper end home models. When I was looking for a treadmill, I wanted it to have a high maximum weight because I was heavier at the time and did not want my weight to be a concern for the motor. Again, Craig's list is a good way to find really good treadmills for big discounts.

hahaha I get that a lot! and "boy, you've got your hands full!" and "you do know what causes that, dont you?"

my reply to that one is "yes, and we like it." B)

Ha! Between the two of us, my husband and I are expecting number ten (seventh daughter, though, oy!). Everyone says the same thing. My husband always says,

"You know, when I was young they told me to find something I'm good at and enjoy, and do that for the rest of my life..."

He took that advice seriously. :)

Honesty...after the fourth kid? It's not so hard to adapt to one or two (or three or four) more.

~Cheri

Mr.Butterthebean' date='

Your green formula is inspiration enough try just as you wrote it, I willing to give a go in some weeks from now when I think I can fill up more and faster with it, right now I get still a bogged down full feeling and am using small drink I just fudge together. Like that spirillina and in tiny amount too, gets me through at this point extending what the start was like for me. I have several more powders also, but I'll tell you I can probably still just use a shot galss with every meal and snack and but I miss some of feeling the real charge you get from a well made blender drink or juicing.

How long does it take you to drink it ?

amytug, a best old friend/friends had 8 kids in that family, they're house was a riot, I practicaly lived there some of the time when I was allot younger as a teenager.[/quote']

I make a huge batch at a time....a blender full. But I only drink 12oz and the rest goes in the fridge for later. I would not recommend my recipe to anyone who is still struggling to get in their Protein. If you are, then stick with straight Protein shakes. My recipe has a lot of healthy carbs as well as Protein, but I'm far enough along that it's not difficult for me to hit my protein numbers.