Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Serious stall post op/Brand new to the forum

This is my first visit here. I had my surgery on Dec 11th and I have lost a total of 31 lbs (including my pre op liquids). I have not lost ANY weight in two weeks. I am stressing out so bad. I keep bouncing between the same two pounds. Is this NORMAL? I am back to exercising. I am logging every thing I eat. I am eating a little over 1000 calories a day. I am getting my Protein in. This is quite disheartening.

Don't get too upset... Call your Dr and talk to him/her... Are you really eating 1000 calories 1 month post op? I am 2 months post op and my Dr has me eating 500-600 calories.

But Yes... Stalls drive me nuts too!

I talked to my doctor and they said to eat more than 1000. Yes. Its a struggle, but I am doing it.

I would love to know how we are supposed to get 1000 + calories in only a month out! I was sleeved 12/17 and I cannot get more than 650 per day down (that's a GOOD day).

:)

-Kendra

Highest weight: 302

SW (12/17): 272

This morning: 248

That is what I was eating daily until I got fussed at for it. Now I am really confused.

I wish we were all on a universal diet and had that same guidelines...

Each Dr/ Facility is different- Follow what your doctors says! I too am in a stall... And feeling frustrated :(

But last time I was in a stall it passed and this stall will pass too...

We just need to stay focused!

Try drinking more water... Take your weight divide it in 2 and that is the amount of Water in ounces that "your" body needs to lose weight...

GOOD LUCK & GOD BLESS :)

My nut told me I should only get up to 700 calories a day to and I was sleeved on 12/19. I'd do what your Dr. says, but maybe change up your diet and decrease your carbs (20g) and your calories to 700, and increase your Water for a day or 2, then go back to your normal routine. Might jump start you again. Good luck.

Thanks I am going to call the nutritionist tomorrow. This was the PA telling me this at myu 4 week post op appt. I am going to verify with the nutritionist. I looked back through my book today that the office gave us, but I don't see "how many" calories to eat post op, just which foods at which weeks and how much Protein.< /p>

Hi I had my surgery Dec. 20th...and I find that drinking your 64 oz of Water really does the trick to get things moving...plus I put my scale in the garage...lol!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using VST

I am like others on this post, to get in 1000 calories per day is a lot! I am between 600 -800 and usually get in around 700. I was sleeved on 12/17. Are you concentrating on the Protein or getting in 1000 calories? A person with a normal weight, stomach, etc would be eating 1200 calories per day.

Sorry for the stall but I would concentrate on drinking Water and eating high Protein, cut the carbs back.

I was sleeved on 12/27 and was told to eat 600-800 calories...my doc said this would be my diet for a while. I've been on a stall for over a week now...I can completely understand your frustration! However, just know that apparently, these are normal, and at least you aren't gaining! Also, my NUT told me that the majority of my weight loss would occur at 2 months.

I hope this helps. As long as you're getting your Protein in (which I have trouble with) and are drinking your Water, I'm sure your stall will be over soon. I'm right there with you :P

I was sleeved December12 and have had an identical experience. Following the guidelines, getting my Water and Protein in, making good food choices, 700 calories and have lost and gained the same pound on alternating days for a week. Have lost 40 lbs. and feel so darn good that I've only once thought about throwing the scale through the window. Think putting it in the garage sounds like a good coping strategy...

Well thanks everyone for your responses. I did back off and I am just eating what is comfortable, which for me is about 600-800 calories a day and 70-85 grams of Protein. The scales have finally decided to grace me with a negative change :)

I have been in the same slow boat. Had surgery on the 2nd and lost 10 pounds in 10 days, but haven't lost anything since! I am trying to be patient and do what the dr said and hope the weight will start falling off soon. But it is hard to not feel the frustration I felt before surgery about doing the right things and not losing!