Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

im beginning to think sleeve surgery is a scam

If im not consuming as much calories and moderately exercising, i should have lost more than 26lbs since 12/17

What weight did you start at? And what have you been eating?

When was the last time you lost 26 pounds in less than a month?

Really you lost 26 pounds and it hasn't even been a month yet!! That's great. It normally takes 6 months to a year to lose the weight. That's what my doctor said. I started out at 255 and now I'm down to 132 and on Feb 20th it well be a year for me. You are doing great!!!

I only lost the first 26 bc i wasnt eating anything but broth. I will eat scrambled eggs, chopped chicken, Tomato Soup, clam chowder. But not all in day. And def 32oz Water daily.. one pro. shake a day. I really dont think im going to lose any more weight.. not unless im doin some extreme exercise program.. my etarting weight was 262 pre surgery.. i have been stalled fr 2 weeks

26lbs rocks! Good for you. You are 4 weeks out and have lost 26 freaking pounds!! That is 6.5lbs a week! Seriously. Awesome! I lost 23 my first month- I had a two week period where the scale decided to quit moving. Not nice, but it works :). Just think- could you have lost 6.5lbs in a month without it? I know I couldn't have!

That's the 2 week stall. I started at 248. (I'm 4'11)- I seriously wanted to shoot my scale- then bam- 5lb loss over night. It takes time for your body to catch up. I promise you the scale will move.

Ahhhh i just want it automaticallllly gone..lol.. i know im bugging and overreacting.. but bare with my impatience yall

I keep telling myself it took me 18 years to gain all the weight it will take a while to come off- I'm at 204 as of this morning. That is 44lbs in almost 9 weeks. I will take it! You got this!

We all came to a stall/ stand still. But then it will pick up again. And you are right on target. Remember your body went throw major trauma. It needs time to heal. The best thing for you to do is STOP going on the scale!!! Some times it can be a major distraction. You might not be losings in # but you are so losing it in inches!!!

You have lost in one month about 1/3 of what I lost after surgery....in a whole year!

Now I'm thinking maybe I got scammed. :angry:^_^

Why haven't you started to excercise? It's too soon for you to give up. Remeber, this is just a tool. Good luck!

I am sooooo confused. Lost 26 pounds in less than a month and not happy....exactly what were you expecting? Did your doctor promise you you'd wake up from surgery looking like Kate Moss?

I am sooooo confused. Lost 26 pounds in less than a month and not happy....exactly what were you expecting? Did your doctor promise you you'd wake up from surgery looking like Kate Moss?

She's unhappy about the stall. The stall that we ALL hit. The stall that EVERYONE complains about. The stall that EVERYONE who has been through it says it will be over soon. The stall that we've all said will happen & posted advice about that you shouldn't weigh yourself every day because you'll get frustrated. The stall that we've all encountered, posted about, and suggested that you should also be measuring yourself because you still lose inches when your body is rebelling against the major trauma it just went through.

Stay off the scales, people. You're not doing your psyche any favors by getting frustrated on a daily or weekly basis.

I was unhappy when I hit my first stall as well. But like everyone said, instead of thinking that you only lost 26 pounds out of ____ amount, think about the fact that you lost 26 pounds. Make smaller goals and Celebrate small victories. How are your clothes fitting? How are you feeling?

I now make every 25 pounds a mini goal. And I am happy. Because slowly but surely I'm doing it and I am winning.

Now that you're 2 weeks, you will begin to be able to eat more kinds of food. And you'll feel the restriction.

Stay positive. You didn't gain the weight in 2 weeks, you can't expect it to go away in 2 weeks.