Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

George Bush: Worst American president in history

The difference between most men and Clinton though is that his penile bodily function must be influenced by an addiction, like Betsyjane says. No different than Cookies for me really. heh, heh, heh. I'm trying to trade in my food addiction for a sexual one so I can get more exercise. Just kidding!

I'm trying really hard not to think too much about how banding a body part could help "cure" and addiction like Clinton's... :faint:

I'm trying really hard not to think too much about how banding a body part could help "cure" and addiction like Clinton's... :faint:

Oh, if I were Hillary, that would definitely have been my first thought....a rubber band around Bill's willie.

I don't see Clinton's infidelities as being quite so heinous as some of my co-posters do. I see his behaviour as being an issue that properly lies between himself and his family and if they are willing to accomodate that aspect of his personality, then that is their business. JFK was a serious slut, too, but this was not discussed openly by the media in those good old days. FDR had a long-term mistress; his wife, the fine Eleanor, may have been a Lesbian. So what! How do these unconventional arrangements interfere with anyone's ability to govern in a wise, caring and judicious manner?

I suspect that had Clinton been a Canadian Prime Minister his stunt with the cigar and Lewinsky would have provoked more ribald amusement than moral outrage. Our satirical public affairs shows - we have a few - would have dined out on this for weeks. The sale of cubans, cigars that is, would skyrocket, and a lot of men would be wearing T-shirts with cigars printed on 'em in the hopes of getting a little bLewinsky.

And in the serious media social anthropologists and psychologists would be weighing in. They would of course be discussing infidelity: the whys, the percentages, etc.

I see Clinton's offense as being less a moral crime than a crime of appetite. He has much in common with the obese person who is unable to restrain himself. It would be a sad day indeed to hear that an obese person is, only by virtue of their weight, unfit to govern a country.

I supported Clinton, and I still think he did a lot of good for the country.

Personally, I didn't care so much that he messed around. While I don't condone adultry, I agree it's an issue for the couple, not the nation. I did care when he lied about it. And I was astounded that he was stupid enough to do what he did in the Oval office, given the political atmosphere in the US, where everyone is looking for dirt on our officials.

Bill Clinton Destroyed some Cigars.

George W. BuSh has destroyed the lives of 3000 young Americans and countless Iraqi civilians.

That's about equal, I guess.

Two whales, Bill and Monica, were swimming off the coast of California.

A whaling trawler suddenly appeared. Bill said to Monica, "Let's capsize that whaler".

Monica protested, but bill explained how his parents had been killed by that very same whaler.

Monica reluctantly agreed. "But how?" she queried.

We'll dive below the ship and we will both give a strong blast of air from our blow-holes.

So Bill and Monica, each took deep breaths and went below the whaler. They both blew as hard as they could and the ship capsized. The sailors all tried to swim to shore.

Bill said, "Let's eat the sailors before they get to shore".

Monica said, "No way, I didn't mind the Blow-Job, but I am not going to swallow the Seamen".:faint:

In a similar vein: why are camels called the ships of the desert? Because they are also full of Arab semen.......

Wait, wait, wait. I've been off of this thread for awhile. Does anyone here, and I mean anyone, honestly think that there has been a president in history who has NOT had affairs/a mistress/sex with other people than his wife??? Do you honestly think that a president's sex life has anything whatsoever to do with his ability to govern the country?

Now, if you're tempted to revert back to the statement "But he LIED", do you honestly think that Bill Clinton, or any president, or most men, have not at some point in time lied about sexual activity??? Do you honestly think that lying about your personal private sex life has anything whatsoever to do with governing the country?

I can't even believe that after all these years, people defend George Bush by discussing Bill Clinton's private sex life! It's outrageous! It irrelevant to the discussion at hand!

For the record: if George Bush had 5,000 girlfriends and 10,000 boyfriends and all of them had an orgy in the oval office every night, it would have nothing to do with his horrible legacy of governing the country. Nothing.

Does your sex life impact your ability to do YOUR job?

Now, if you're tempted to revert back to the statement "But he LIED", do you honestly think that Bill Clinton, or any president, or most men, have not at some point in time lied about sexual activity??? Do you honestly think that lying about your personal private sex life has anything whatsoever to do with governing the country?

I can't even believe that after all these years, people defend George Bush by discussing Bill Clinton's private sex life! It's outrageous! It irrelevant to the discussion at hand!

I do think many people have lied about their sex lives, although not under oath while a sitting president. I don't think he should have been asked about it, I think it was all an attempt to get something on him. But, since he was in that situation, and he knew the stakes, I think his lying was more then wrong and illegal, it was stupid. It played into the hands of those out to get him.

I know a lot of people who claim that it was about his character, that lying shows flaws, but I don't think many in politics can claim a high ground on morals.

And I don't get how bringing up what Clinton did or didn't do, no matter what it was, can be seen as a valid defense of what Bush is currently doing.

I would vote for Clinton again. I think Bush is the worst. And I still don't like what he did with Monica, where he did it, or that he lied. That doesn't justify Bush's actions in any way. I just think our president needs to have more dignity and more respect for the office than to diddle in the oval office with an intern. I don't think I'm asking for a big stretch here..... Asking that a "sitting" president not have an affair in the oval office with an intern is not like asking for lifelong celebacy.

I do think many people have lied about their sex lives, although not under oath while a sitting president. I don't think he should have been asked about it, I think it was all an attempt to get something on him. But, since he was in that situation, and he knew the stakes, I think his lying was more then wrong and illegal, it was stupid. It played into the hands of those out to get him.
You will notice that Mr. Clinton was never convicted of perjury, even though he lied on the stand.

Why, you ask?

Because to be perjury, the lie has to be substantive to the case.

Clinton was being sued by Paula Jones for sexual harassment. Clinton's affair with Monica was not substantive to the case.

As an analogy, if I was on the stand as a defendant in a robbery and asked my name, address and age, and I said that I was 59 (although I am really 61), that would not be substantive to whether or not I robbed the victim and therefore would not be perjury.

Whether Clinton had sexual relations with Monica, oral sex with Monica or used Monica as a humidor, had no bearing on what happened in Governor Clinton's hotel room on the night he was alleged to have harassed Paula Jones.

And yes, I wish he had never done it.