Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

George Bush: Worst American president in history

In reference to the voting question, not only am I registered, but my company gives us time off every voting day in order that we can vote. Tuesday morning all levers under my hand will say Democrat, baby!

Did anyone watch Hacking Democracy on HBO?

Did anyone know that one county in Florida gave Al Gore Minus 16,022 votes in the 2000 presidential election?

Yes, you read that correctly: MINUS 16,022 VOTES. :faint:

If you can take a real horror movie, please check out this documentary.

I heard about it. If we are not in the streets screaming for heads after it airs, we're getting what we deserve.

I wonder what happens if it turns out that Gore won the last one. Does he get do be prez next? :-)

I asked some people:

What happens if the Monday November 6 polling (last day before the election) shows the Democrats picking up 25 house seats and 6 Senate seats, thereby capturing both Houses of Congress and the "Exit Polling" shows the Democrats doing even better, but the election returns show that the Republicans gained 15 house seats and 3 Senate seats?

"Rebellion" and "Revolt" were the answers screamed out by most.

I replied, "But, the conservatives have all the guns." :faint:

I am having a hard time remembering the Bush Sr. quote regarding Iraq. I think it was from his book and was downright prophetic. It essentially said that any attempt at invasion or occupation would be a slippery slope that would make any attempt at withdrawal nearly impossible.

I first came across it while watching Embedded from Netflix. Check it out, it is a stage portrayal of what the media went through in order to be on the ground with the troops. I found it educational and darkly comic. :)

T_O_M - keeping my gun, and voted against the incumbants...<grin>

ready to be subversive from the inside and start the "revolution:

:-) Man, I love reading your stuff....I wish I had the time to do what you do - but sometimes throwing pearls before swine is frustrating...

Pearls before swine sounds sooo condescending. I prefer

Don't try to teach a pig to sing. It won't work, and it annoys the pig.

:-)

that was the sarcastic point along with the rest of my post! ITs good to be able to discuss things without being overly critical...and yes, I knew it came from the Bible...in hebrew it translates out to something along the lines of jewels before the unclean/unkosher, but the drift is the same...

T_O_M: I read "Hacking Democracy" and I believe the most important observation in the piece was the paragraph noting how shocking it is that the mainstread media and the Democratic party did not rise up en masse to insist that the election be investigated.

I have a feeling that too many of us understand that they are indeed the ones with the guns.

I have been wondering, like you, what happens if once again the exit polls show that the Democratic party wins while the election results go to the Republicans. If we don't do something, and I mean in important numbers of us, we should all be horse whipped.

Who will lead the march?