Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

George Bush: Worst American president in history

Carlene, thank you so much for your words. Its amazing the power that words can have. One day we went to dinner with my in laws and the man at the next table said, loudly, that the holocaust wasn't as bad it had been made out to be. My very quite Father in law jumped up and shouted " I was there and it was worse than you could ever imagine!" and then, this grown dignified man burst into tears, he cried so had we had to carry him out. It was the first time he had ever said anything about the war. I have never forgoten the effect that one sentance had on him. He is not a Bush supporter, but when he heard someone in his dinner club compare Bush to Hitler he was so upset he left and hasn't gone back. He said he didn't want to be around people who don't know what they are talking about.

Thank you again for understanding that my first post was a cautionary tale and not condemnation.

I would say that if there is a sensitivity to the words Nazi and Hitler, there is also a sensitivity to "the Christian way", being Christian, etc. I am so sorry that so many people in the USA think they are superior or "right" thinking because they are Christian. What does that mean? I'm not talking religion. I'm talking of the way it is expressed in everyday terms. Like, "be a Christian", he is compasionate because he's a good Christian", etc. Why is this worn like a badge of honor and excludes a lot of our population? Our country was founded on religious freedom, not christian freedom. Why do all these polticians hide behind this christian shield? Why are we allowing politicians to mix their church with our government? How come we've never had a jewish president?

How come we've never had a jewish president?

• BILL CLINTON appointed more Jews to his cabinet than all of the previous presidents combined, and put Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Stephen Breyer, both first appointed to the federal bench by Jimmy Carter, on the Supreme Court.
  • GEORGE W. BUSH is the first president since Herbert Hoover who has no Jews in his cabinet at all and has appointed no Jews to the Federal bench.

Franklin Roosevelt’s family was Jewish Dutch. The first Roosevelt came to America in 1649. Roosevelt himself was not a practicing Jew and took care not to appear pro-Jewish. Unfortunately, his administration’s failure to expand the refuge quota ensured that large numbers of Jews would ultimately become part of the Holocaust’s six million victims.

How could a jewish person survive in GWB's cabinet? All they talk about is being christian. All the laws they are trying to repeal or research stopped has to do with being Christian. Not about believing in God or a higher power. You can be a good person and not be christian. It just gets so tiring listening to their rhetoric and then everyday we hear of those "good" people molesting children, abusing their power, cheating on their spouses, etc.

All I can say is that if I were in BuSh's cabinet (or anywhere else in his government) I would be a raving maniac because all that overbearing religiosity would be on my last, Jewish, nerve!!

That report is from over 16 months ago.

How many people will remember about it or even know of its existance when they vote tomorrow?

How about the people who read this forum?

Are you saying I should not have posted the article because not enough people remember it?

Of course not. I am saying that it is a shame that people will vote for Republicans, not knowing this information, because FOX news never mentioned it.

Does this mean that people who do not believe in a Higher Power or Jesus Christ do not do these things?

I'm not trying to answer for Barbara, but to me the point is that many of the ones she's talking about set themselves up. By that, I mean they are out there telling everyone else how to live, standing up against gay marriage because of "the sanctity of marriage" while they are doing things like cheating on their wives with another man.

It's the hyporacisy IOW. Telling everyone else to live by rules they don't live by.

If he's so stupid, why do you think he was not only elected once, but also re-elected?

Personally, I'd use the terms "elected" and "re-elected" lightly! Money may not be able to buy happiness, but elections are another thing.....

:peace:

If he's so stupid, why do you think he was not only elected once, but also re-elected?
Maybe the people who voted for him were tricked by Karl Rove's clever marketing? :)

It might be similar to why people buy McDonalds fast food when it is about as unhealthy as food can be?

It tastes good, but it is poison and will kill you.

It might be similar to why people buy McDonalds fast food when it is about as unhealthy as food can be?

I know this is off-topic, but I just had to say that even thinking about McDonald's food makes my esophagus hurt.

I know this is off-topic, but I just had to say that even thinking about McDonald's food makes my esophagus hurt.

BuSh and McDonald's both. :faint:

Does this mean that people who do not believe in a Higher Power or Jesus Christ do not do these things?

They may or may not do these things but no hypocrisy will be involved.

How could a jewish person survive in GWB's cabinet? All they talk about is being christian. All the laws they are trying to repeal or research stopped has to do with being Christian. Not about believing in God or a higher power. You can be a good person and not be christian. It just gets so tiring listening to their rhetoric and then everyday we hear of those "good" people molesting children, abusing their power, cheating on their spouses, etc.
I have heard and read that quite a few of the Republicans who wield power in the BuSh administration and also those who give advice and/or are the biggest supporters of the neo-con policies of the BuSh administration, including members of PNAC have dual US/Israeli citizenship.