Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

George Bush: Worst American president in history

OMG! That's amazing news about the weather up there!

It's probably Dubya's fault.

I'll bet a lot of the natives are happy about it though. They usually complain about too much snow and cold! Spring too short and all that.

I miss it still.

Aw, that's so sweet to hear, kiddo. I just got a phone call from my husband who is up north in cottage country with his family. There is less than an inch of snow on the ground and the lake is not frozen at all. His sister and her kids are over here for the Christmas holidays. They usually live in the south of France. The kids are kinda bored. They can't go toboganning because there isn't enough snow. They can't go skating: there is no ice. Everyone is stuck inside the cottage. This is why I chose to stay down in the city. :heh:

I should probably clean the pigsty up.;) I told him that I would. ;)

We went to Quebec city for Christmas one year. Thought we were going to die of bitter cold and wind! But we had a great time.

Green it sounds like you are about as independent as I am. Of course you're having to pay the price - house keeping. Bah humbug! But I don't blame you. I know the decision was made all in the name of meeting your weight loss goals. If you can't go outside for winter sports exercise, you can do some indoor cleaning exercise. heh, heh, heh. Plus (and this is a biggie at my relatives' homes) being able to miss exposure to all the Christmas goodies is a bonus. Let's don't even talk about the noise level stress from being cooped up with little rowdy ones.

I am sure that when Dubya and the Mrs. had to spend some time in an armored vehicle as a precaution due to the tornadic activity in the area of their ranch a coupla days ago, they were sorry that they caused the weather to go south of Canada instead of where it belonged. Just trying to stay true to the thread...

It's hard to stay grinchy at Christmas! Guess we'll have to wait for George to open his mouth again. We'll be happy to shoo everybody outta Texas and back to Washington!

Green it sounds like you are about as independent as I am. Of course you're having to pay the price - house keeping. Bah humbug! But I don't blame you. I know the decision was made all in the name of meeting your weight loss goals. If you can't go outside for winter sports exercise, you can do some indoor cleaning exercise. heh, heh, heh. Plus (and this is a biggie at my relatives' homes) being able to miss exposure to all the Christmas goodies is a bonus. Let's don't even talk about the noise level stress from being cooped up with little rowdy ones.

Some inroads were made on the swamp that Green calls home.:faint:

Her cat bit her.:help:

She had her second PB ever right after swallowing her morning meds. Oops!:party:

Her restriction vanished before dinner time and she was able to eat far too much Chinese food at the local restaurant where she invited a girlfriend out for dinner. Oops!:)

Now she is home alone and waiting for her mate to safely arrive. It is raining outside.:cry

She can't blame the dirty house or the lap band follies on George W, you know........:o

This is how Green spent the final days of 2006. On the plus side, her pants are a lot looser.:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Green: Hope you don't lose your pants when you stand up, like someone else here did. Or maybe it would be a cool homecoming demonstration for your husband.

I thought we could blame anything and everything on George W.?? That was the way it worked when a Democrat was in the White House. Paybacks are hell.

Happy New Year, people!

BJean: Green is still looking forward to the day when her knickers continue to sit when she stands up. That will be one helluva NSV!

Happy New Year to everyone!

Without reading 42 pages of what I assume is arguing, I'm going to disagree with you about Bush being the worst president in history.

Yeh, but why? Don't leave us hanging, eh.:girl_hug:

Without reading 42 pages of what I assume is arguing, I'm going to disagree with you about Bush being the worst president in history.

Actually, there is more agreement than arguing. The majority of us think Bush is the worst US president in history. Some think he is the anti-Christ. A few think he is bad, but not the absolute WORST, and one or two misguided individuals, God bless 'em, agree with George that he is one hell of a great guy....and humble, too.

I'll just go down the middle and say he's not doing the job I'd like him to, but he's far from the worst president in history. I do believe he's done a lot of good while in the presidency. He's also done some things I agree with, even if our rationale is different (War in Iraq, at least).

I'll just go down the middle and say he's not doing the job I'd like him to, but he's far from the worst president in history. I do believe he's done a lot of good while in the presidency. He's also done some things I agree with, even if our rationale is different (War in Iraq, at least).

Okay....fair enough. But who gets your vote for the worst president in US history? And if you say Bill Clinton, because he got a BJ in the oval office, then I'm just gonna have to send the men with those little white jackets - the ones with the cute wrap-around sleeves - over to your house.

Okay....fair enough. But who gets your vote for the worst president in US history? And if you say Bill Clinton, because he got a BJ in the oval office, then I'm just gonna have to send the men with those little white jackets - the ones with the cute wrap-around sleeves - over to your house.

I'll go ahead and say Andrew Jackson. That whole trail of tears thing was just a stellar piece of history...

But for the record I dont' think there's a categorically 'worst' president in history. Everyone has their ups and downs. Plus putting a blanket statement like "Worst" on such a complicated job wildly simplifies the presidency.

The experts usually hand the "worst" honors to a Democrat and a Republican. Buchanan--for letting the nation divide under his leadership--and Harding--for more corruption than had been seen...but then THAT was before Halliburton and all--are usually two of the pack leaders for "worst ever."

I'll go ahead and say Andrew Jackson. That whole trail of tears thing was just a stellar piece of history...

But for the record I dont' think there's a categorically 'worst' president in history. Everyone has their ups and downs. Plus putting a blanket statement like "Worst" on such a complicated job wildly simplifies the presidency.

I almost went nuts looking for your original post about Truman and the "unnecessary" atomic bomb so I could reply. Are you deliberately trying to confuse an old lady?