Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need help getting back on track

Hi thank u I'm not sure if I can have fruit just yet but I can definitely do the oatmeal..it's just like I have to force myself to eat and I'm always watching carbs and calories cuz that's wht everyone says to do while ur in the losing phase but I don't think I'm eating enuff

I also need help I'm 6 wks away from my one yr and I have not reached my goal I eat carbs and crap and feel like I'm hungry 24/7 I have lots of Water on most days at least 64 oz and have stopped going to gym, I know I'm setting my self up to fail maybe we can share and support each other. This week I decided to stop drinking for a month and see how it goes. I feel I've been sabotaging my diet with alcohol. I've completely stopped logging food and I need to get back to Protein packed diet, I keep saying tomorrow... Tomorrow I'll go to the gym suggestions?

I also need help I'm 6 wks away from my one yr and I have not reached my goal I eat carbs and crap and feel like I'm hungry 24/7 I have lots of Water on most days at least 64 oz and have stopped going to gym' date=' I know I'm setting my self up to fail maybe we can share and support each other. This week I decided to stop drinking for a month and see how it goes. I feel I've been sabotaging my diet with alcohol. I've completely stopped logging food and I need to get back to Protein packed diet, I keep saying tomorrow... Tomorrow I'll go to the gym suggestions?[/quote']

There are a lot of empty calories in alcohol, so I'm sure giving it up will help. I have also noticed that if I eat carbs, I feel hungry. I really believe that carbs create hunger, not curb it. Protein, Fiber, and fat will make you feel full.

I also suggest reminding yourself the reasons you had for losing the weight. Write them down and say them over and over to yourself.

I'm not an expert, but that has helped me get back on track before.

Sleeve date: Oct. 15. HW: 315; SW: 283; CW: 240

For pre sleeve folks, my advice is to try and kick carbs, sodium and sugar habits about a month or two before surgery. This will make the 2 week pre sleeve diet oh so much easier and the transition into sleeve land as a post op easier as well. It is hard. I will not deny that. However, you will be glad to take care of head food issues before rather then after when you are also dealing with other physical or emotional issues. It takes about 3 weeks to form a new habit.

I upped my exercise and Protein to 90+ grams a day, I really try to get 100+, but sometimes end up at 94-96. I drink 2 GNC total lean shakes a day 50g and eat the other 45-50 in foods. When I want a snack, I have cucumber, green olives, cherry tomatoes or jack links beef Jerky, they are great and curb the appetite. If I want sweets, I add mio to my Water or hot tea and that helps. It has helped me stay on track. I am almost 6 weeks out

Up date! So I have gotten back on track and I'm happily of my chips kick. I have lost quite a bit since this post. I'm now past my goal of 150 and at 147!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using VST

Congratulations

Hi I am two years post sleeve and lost 70kg post surgery but now I have gained back half the weight I lost very depressed at the moment I am constantly grazing all the time can't seem to control the hunger even when I am physically full my mind is still hungery so I have decided to bite the bullet and just go cold turkey on Protein Shakes for two weeks like I was pre sleeve surgery in the hopes of kick starting healthy eating once again anyone else tried this and did it work for them/