Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need help getting back on track

I was 1 year post-op December 8 and I graze a lot!! I have never liked Protein Shakes and I eat stuff that got me over 400lbs again. Does anyone have any tips that I can use to curb my appetite and get away from these awful carbs? Thanks, Jessica

I'm not sure how much help I am because I'm pre- sleeve. The group I hope to get my sleeve through has several support groups. If you doctor has that, is that something you' 're interested in?

Carbs are a hard thing to kick, because everything always tastes better on bread or over noodles. Unfortunately the only way around it is to convince yourself, which unfortunately is never easy, I am worried that I may end up having problems with carbs again down the road because even though I am only a month out I still think every time I eat anything how much better it would be with bread. I wish you the best of luck with it, it's not easy but since you are on here seeking advice you are definitely ready to make the effort. As for the Protein Shakes, have you tried any of the unflavored ones, also I find sometimes it's easier to mix them in instant sugar free pudding and make a Protein pudding and eat it. Another option maybe using Protein Bars instead of shakes, most of the Atkins brand bar taste like candy bars and are very low carb. Hope the helps, good luck.

It might be time to go back to the NUT or seek out a support group. Everyone faces or eventually will face the same challenges. You have the tools but a little professional help might be what you need to sharpen them.

Sorry to hear about your struggles. How much weight have you gained if you don't mind me asking?

I would highly suggest getting back to basics. Little miss divas boot camp will help kick that off. Please see link below.

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/28139-the-basics-boot-camp/

Also get back to basics... Log your food. There are a lot of sleevers (myself included) that use my fitness pal. Logging your food can become a pain in the but, however it can be a valuable tool. Nothing will make you more accountable and think twice like having to log that cup cake or donut knowing that is going to be the thing that takes you over your daily calories. Knowledge is power and you need to have a clear nutritional representation of what your putting in your body.

Protein first, then veggies. I also don't drink Protein drinks I tend to eat all my Protein. If I consume refines carbs it can easily shoot my calories way up. Don't drink your calories. Also I feel like when I emerse myself into the support group I do much better. You know the saying out of site out of mind, make this site and the sleeve a big part of your life again.

Most of all don't give up!!! Best of luck.

I completely understand ! I have been the victim of grazing and sipping beverages that I shouldn't be. I like to food tracker app on my phone because it allows me to see my intake and Protein intake. I have found a company called Bariatric Choice, they sale high protein snack food...I haven't purchased anything from them yet because it's expensive and my budget is tight, but they have some great options tht sound pretty good. And I have

Earned that the more Water I drink the less I eat and when I just have to have that crunch I eat celery with Peanut Butter or carrots and cucumber with some light dressing

I completely understand ! I have been the victim of grazing and sipping beverages that I shouldn't be. I like to food tracker app on my phone because it allows me to see my intake and Protein intake. I have found a company called bariatric choice, they sale high protein snack food...I haven't purchased anything from them yet because it's expensive and my budget is tight, but they have some great options tht sound pretty good. And I have

Earned that the more Water I drink the less I eat and when I just have to have that crunch I eat celery with Peanut Butter or carrots and cucumber with some light dressing

The app you found for your phone does it track, cal, carbs, protien, fat? Which app are you using, trying to find one to use.

thanks, Laura

I have only gained 10lbs but that is 10 too much! am seeking a support group right now because I am never going back to 400lbs!! NEVER!!

I am actually on my fitness pal and its on my phone but I just don't use it like I should. Thank you everybody I needed to read this today

I had the hardest time finding a Protein drink that I could tolerate day after day. After going to a weight management office for follow-up, I purchased a hot item-- two drinks (16 ounces) gives me 46 grams of protein! What helps me is that it's a warm drink and is very thin/smooth.

Hot chocolate by Healthwise. It is 15 grams of Protein for one; however, I make it with milk giving me 23 grams per cup. Maybe you can try to find it? I pay a little over seven dollars for seven packets- well worth it! They have different flavor s like mint, raspberry, cinnamon, marshmallow, etc. I'm a plain Jane and pass up the variety packs for the traditional mocha

Just a suggestion. The drink is very satisfying and really fills me up

You are doing great!

I would say up your Water. Make sure you aren't confusing hunger with thirst. Someone on this site who lost a lot shared that on another thread and it really helped me. Thirst doesn't feel the same as it used to pre-op so it can be hard to decipher. Hope it helps!

Jessica eat meat and chicken. I have my junk still but it is portioned and only on Saturdays as a treat for doing good all week. Also you can buy unflavored Unjury Protein it really works. It's available on line. Don't give up. If you do cheat go for a walk after or before you have it. Stay strong we are going though the same thing. My weekends is Pepsi and potato chips which I have on the weekends as a treat. In small portions I enjoy it so much more that way. Good luck.

Jessica eat meat and chicken. I have my junk still but it is portioned and only on Saturdays as a treat for doing good all week. Also you can buy unflavored unjury Protein it really works. It's available on line. Don't give up. If you do cheat go for a walk after or before you have it. Stay strong we are going though the same thing. My weekends is Pepsi and potato chips which I have on the weekends as a treat. In small portions I enjoy it so much more that way. Good luck.

Mongo-

Just curious... how long have you been drinking Pepsi? How do you feel when drinking it?? I used to drink Pepsi and coca-cola slirpee a like crazy before the surgery. I am going to stay away from both since they got me to my highest weight (well, part of the reason). I'm just curious :)

I've been eating to many carbs myself. Im going to get back on track this week this week tho! We can do it!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using VST

Milissa I don't drink much, maybe half a can. I find that I barely Finnish it. I don't have any problem drinking it, though it doesn't taste the same to me anymore. I started last week, I really missed have it, and I love having it but I don't crave it like I did before. If you need to chat or need support just ask I will help in any way I can.