Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am new here and was directed here by a friend on Facebook. My name is Misti Taylor and I need some answers. I was getting ready to finalize financing for the VSG in Mexico with a Dr. Alvarez when I was informed, by his staff, that they don't work with this particular financing company anymore. It has left me devistated and broken hearted. I have been fighting my weight for 11+ years. I am in pain on a daily basis that is weight related. Everytime I try to get insurance, I get denied BECAUSE of my weight. I am at a loss on what to do. I feel like just giving up and finding a way to accept my huge body. I can't stop crying and know that this will destroy me if I can't get this surgery. This is my last hope. (Boy do I sound like a broken record, don't we all say this when we get to the surgical option? It's sad but very true in WLS patients. This really is our last hope.) Anyway, I don't know where to go or what to do anymore. I am only going to have $4500 to work with as a down payment, unless I go to this one doctor in Houston that needs to do a $1750 procedure before he can do surgery. If that's the case, I will have less than $4500 to work with. I am at the end of my rope. This is the ONLY thing I want for myself. I am a current college student with an amazing husband who works his butt off to take care of things for us until I am done with school. He could make monthly payments and is MORE than willing to. We just need financing that will work with out less-than-perfect credit. Please someone help me figure out where I can go for financing that is guaranteed to work.

Any help will be appreciated,

Misti Taylor

Hmmm

Check blossom bariatrics. It's in Vegas. I know they do financing. I just don't know the extent. I paid cash, cash. It was 10,400. I don't know where you live or any of that but keep checking. Don't give up. Be diligent. This is your life. Your future. Don't quit on yourself.

My surgery with Dr Alvarez is this Friday. I applied thru MedicalFinacing.com and was approved and my credit is mot the best. The lender is Duvera. This was the ONLY lender that would approve me... except for One Main Financial which lent me what I needed upfront.

There is a security deposit and fees which are not rolled into the loan totaling about $2800. I borrowed $3500 to pay for airfare and the fees.

My advice to you right now is to breathe. You are living in your now, which by no means speaks to what your future will be. Don't be so desperate. Believe in Gods timing and trust that what didn't work out wasn't meant to be. Be grateful for the intervention and trust you have something better in store for you. It's when we get all worked up we make decisions we shouldn't. Be careful about being too desperate on the financing. Some of the interest and fees nearly double the cost. It's ok if you have to save up a little more - and please don't settle for the cheapest route you can find. You're worth more than that.

Ok, I know that nobody knows me on this site and I am only going to say this once and I am NOT going to get into some holy argument here but DO NOT bring up a sadistic, invisible man in the sky to me. In my knowledge and eyes, there is NO god and I NEVER said I was desperate for financing. I said I was desperate for answers. I do NOT appreciate anyone telling me to trust some being who likes to play games with people. Trust that? I don't trust anything that 1. won't prove he exists, 2. acts like a spoiled child when things don't go his way. There are many other reasons I could list why that piece of myth doesn't exist. I am not trusting some made up story that was created to control people and strike fear into the hearts of man. I am smarter than that. I do appreciate the 2 prior pieces of advice but that last one was not good advice. You should really make a point to find out if who you are speaking to believes in myth or not. I do not. I am SICK of people telling me to trust in something that doesn't even exist. If he does, he isn't worth my time or air because of all the death and destruction that he leaves in his path. It's fine if people want to believe in him, I just don't, never will again and would appreciate it if people didn't turn my dilemma into a god trust issue.

And just how an atheist can insult or offend a christian without meaning to, a christian can do the same thing. I didn't appreciate it and I don't hold my tongue when the advice is god based. Sorry if you or anyone else doesn't like it or finds it rude but I am tired of people bringing god into my dilemmas. My life has NO place for god or talk of god in it.

Whoa. Hold up. Happyfam wasn't preaching to you, just saying not to give up as a solution could be in the near future. And her piece of advice about being careful with regard to financing costs was a valid one. Your response was overboard. I hope you can mull this over and realise that.

I do not need to mull over it or realize anything. I didn't like the advice given and I commented on it. If someone doesn't like what I have to say, ignore me and that will solve the problem altogether. I don't care likes me or what I have to say. I came for advice on financing options, not looking towards the future options. This has been my fight for 11+ years now and nobody is going to tell me how I need to look into the future. If I don't get this surgery, I see a wheelchair in my future from back problems due to weight, I see mysery and a broken marriage which will give my son a broken life. So forgive me if my future looks so bleak that I don't want to hear about fantasy. I want answers on options that will make my future better.

She wasn't trying to offend you though! She was giving you advice. that is why you posted here right?!She didn't know what your beliefs was and I feel you could have been nicer and said it in a better way without having to get in detail. Don't take your angry and issues out on someone who was just trying to offer you support. On that note hope you get everything worked out..maybe someone on here can give you some advice.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

We could go around and around here but all the salient points have been made. Don't mention God. Got it.

Let's get down to business.

Where have you applied and what has been the outcome? If you've been approved via one avenue chances are you'll be approved via another.

Depending on your credit situation, there are a few peer to peer lending sites... the name escape me but I am sure they will come up in a search. Try Medicalfinancing!!! I want to say they're the only lending co that Dr A's office uses. Not sure but that's the only one listed on his website. I got my approval in fewer than 24 hours. Also his cash price is lower than his financing price. financing price is 9100.Cash is 8700.

How about a doc in CA that only charges $4500 for the sleeve? I think Dr Aceves, and maybe Dr Garcia are around that range???

Are you already approved for $4500 thru financing or that's what you have for a down payment? If it's the latter, that's less that you have to borrow and more chance that you'll be approved for other financing.

If you don't want to go to Mexico, I think Dr Umbach is like 12 or 13K which might be a little out of your league. MedicalTourism might offer some other options as well.

AVOID AVOID AVOID No Patient Left Behind! Payment terms are kind of scammy.

There IS a program... out of California I think that allows a downpayment and then you pay the rest via financing...... anyone know the name of it? I totally can't think at 3am.

Another thing is... no one is here because we just have money to waste on a frivolous surgery. This isn't a facelift. Many of us have been where you are. We've all been in pain, we've all felt desperation. No one flounced out of work one day, withdrew $30K and decided to have surgery. We'v all had to go through this. Roll thru the insurance forum for a minute... every single person here is sitting with fingers crossed and eyes closed and offering to name their first born after their surgeon if they get approved. There is a wealth of info and SUPPORT at your fingertips, here.

You are not alone. Not anymore. Please, please breathe. Let us help you. Come hell or high Water we will find a way to get you financed. But OMG.. unclench. Okay?

Medicalfinancing denied me. Nopatientleftbehind almost had me until I researched them because of the shady scammy sounding deal they talked to me about. $4500 is what I will have to put down. The surgeon needs to be within 5 or 6 hours driving distance because I will be in the first month of my 2nd semester of college, can't miss more than a couple of days from classes. This actually feels like heartbreak to me. I met a surgeon in Houston which will cost 12,000 + $1750 for a procedure prior to surgery. I just don't have it and my back pain worsens everyday. The more active I try to become, the less I can move after 1 or 2 days of easy exercise (biking or light weight lifting). I am having spine issues which is beginning to make my life even more hell than it was a short time ago. I don't want pity, I don't want sorrow for me, I just want my pain to stop, mentally and physically. I'm really beginning to believe it won't stop ever.

Hi Misti,

I have a lot of trouble with my knees which was due to my weight. I found walking very difficult but the more weight I lose the better they are. I had to go on a pre-op diet for 2 weeks which was 3 Protein drinks a day and 1cup of vegetables in the evening. In the 2 weeks I lost 12 pounds and could already feel the pain and pressure on my knees getting better.

Why not use the time you have whilst organizing your finance to go on a Protein Drink diet and get your body prepared for surgery and hopefully lose some weight in the meantime and take some pressure off your spine. I know how tough dieting is but so is having surgery and recovering. Every pound you lose now is one less you need to lose after surgery. Good luck.