Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm Just Fatttt! (That's A Good Thing Lol)

So I finally broke an almost three week stall and officially hit the "overweight" category of BMI. Officially I'll never be obese again. What a great way to start the day LOL

Woot!

Fantastic, Iggychic! Overweight is a suburb of healthy weight, you'll be there soon! :)

Fantastic' date=' Iggychic! Overweight is a suburb of healthy weight, you'll be there soon! :)[/quote']

Oh dang...now I have to go check what that is LOL :) That sounds like something santa should bring me for christmas....being "healthy weight" :) (which probably means no eggnog heh heh)

Girl, you have so earned this! Keep it up you will be there in no time at all.......:P

"overweight" - never be obese again. What a great way to start the day LOL

iggychic

you went through so much after surgery

i always knew you were a survivor

i could see B) it in your eyes ;)

big kudos on your weight loss, continueing today, tomorrow and for the rest of your healthier life!!

take care

Thanks all :)

How did I break the stall?? I read a lot here heh heh I had been sticking really close or below 600 cals a day. I don't watch carbs but I keep to healthy ones. I haven't changed that, but what I was having trouble doing was staying up at 60g Protein (I was averaging between 40 and 55) so I started doing a Protein Drink once a day which always puts me up over 60 easily (with other foods). In addition, I've been bad about my fluids and have been really concentrating on them. And...I upped my calories to around 700ish to 800. I have added whole wheat carbs (spaghetti carbonara is a favorite, home made) a little bit, but aside from not eating crap I didn't change food much except to not worry about the 600 number.

So was it a natural stall? I've never had one since the Aug 23rd surgery (though I did gain 40lbs in hospital) so perhaps it was my changes, or perhaps it was just my body finally saying "what the hell????" I don't know but I'll take it LOL I had actually gained a pound and a half during the stall (which I didn't record since it fluctuated) so this week I lost two and a half pounds between Monday and today, which is back onto my early half pound a day track. I'm not going to count on it, but secretly I hope I'll be going back to a couple of pounds a week again :)

I was already in "onederland" so this was kind of my big "onederland" move. To never see the word obese again...it's kind of heaven LOL Now 26.5 and I can say I'm officially "normal" (something absolutely NO ONE who knows me would agree with mind you).

Thanks all :)

How did I break the stall?? I read a lot here heh heh I had been sticking really close or below 600 cals a day. I don't watch carbs but I keep to healthy ones. I haven't changed that' date=' but what I was having trouble doing was staying up at 60g Protein (I was averaging between 40 and 55) so I started doing a Protein Drink once a day which always puts me up over 60 easily (with other foods). In addition, I've been bad about my fluids and have been really concentrating on them. And...I upped my calories to around 700ish to 800. I have added whole wheat carbs (spaghetti carbonara is a favorite, home made) a little bit, but aside from not eating crap I didn't change food much except to not worry about the 600 number.

So was it a natural stall? I've never had one since the Aug 23rd surgery (though I did gain 40lbs in hospital) so perhaps it was my changes, or perhaps it was just my body finally saying "what the hell????" I don't know but I'll take it LOL I had actually gained a pound and a half during the stall (which I didn't record since it fluctuated) so this week I lost two and a half pounds between Monday and today, which is back onto my early half pound a day track. I'm not going to count on it, but secretly I hope I'll be going back to a couple of pounds a week again :)

I was already in "onederland" so this was kind of my big "onederland" move. To never see the word obese again...it's kind of heaven LOL Now 26.5 and I can say I'm officially "normal" (something absolutely NO ONE who knows me would agree with mind you).[/quote']

Good for you! So I'm just wondering, after all you've been through, are you happy you had this done? Knowing what you know, would you do it again?

Good for you! So I'm just wondering' date=' after all you've been through, are you happy you had this done? Knowing what you know, would you do it again?[/quote']

No I'm not happy I had it done and I would never do it again. Sure I'm losing weight, but I only had 70lbs to lose and could have done it if I'd put more effort into it frankly. Maybe that's not true of some, but I had lost weight and maintained that loss for over ten years. But I'm old and tired and thought I'd take an easier route :(

I don't think I'll ever live without regret about this surgery. What I put my family through, especially my young child...I think I'd be worried about myself if I could look myself in the mirror and say it was worth it to just look more attractive.

Our son was born with a very rare blood disorder which was not diagnosed until he was almost 4. We spent two million dollars and years in and out of hospital. People would say...but it was worth it right? You'd do it again right? No, absolutely no way. I wouldn't put him through the hell he went through, no matter that I love the little monster with every Fiber of my being. I wouldn't put myself through it either. I guess I'm kind of a "looks back" kind of person. I look back on those two major medical disasters in our life and I just don't think the suffering is worth it. Kind of a quality of life thing.

You should see my new living will. They have to unplug me if I burp :P

That said, sure the weight loss is nice. I'd be danged peeved if I didn't at least get that out of this horror story! But worth it...nope, that's an easy answer. Definitely not the way to go IMO for someone who was low BMI, no risk factors/comorbidities, long history of family health (we live far past when our relatives wish we would) and most importantly...a small child at home.

No I'm not happy I had it done and I would never do it again. Sure I'm losing weight' date=' but I only had 70lbs to lose and could have done it if I'd put more effort into it frankly. Maybe that's not true of some, but I had lost weight and maintained that loss for over ten years. But I'm old and tired and thought I'd take an easier route :(

I don't think I'll ever live without regret about this surgery. What I put my family through, especially my young child...I think I'd be worried about myself if I could look myself in the mirror and say it was worth it to just look more attractive.

Our son was born with a very rare blood disorder which was not diagnosed until he was almost 4. We spent two million dollars and years in and out of hospital. People would say...but it was worth it right? You'd do it again right? No, absolutely no way. I wouldn't put him through the hell he went through, no matter that I love the little monster with every Fiber of my being. I wouldn't put myself through it either. I guess I'm kind of a "looks back" kind of person. I look back on those two major medical disasters in our life and I just don't think the suffering is worth it. Kind of a quality of life thing.

You should see my new living will. They have to unplug me if I burp :P

That said, sure the weight loss is nice. I'd be danged peeved if I didn't at least get that out of this horror story! But worth it...nope, that's an easy answer. Definitely not the way to go IMO for someone who was low BMI, no risk factors/comorbidities, long history of family health (we live far past when our relatives wish we would) and most importantly...a small child at home.[/quote']

I think it is awful what you went through...I'm glad you are ok;)