Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Many Nights Were You In The Hospital?

I have to be in the hospital 2 nights next week for the sleeve and am dreading it. I don't like being there at night, no rest because of all the temp, blood pressure, oxygen checks, etc. Were you awake and feeling good enough to be bored? I'm thinking of taking my iPad so I can keep up to date on here, but to also pass the time. My hubby will be with me on surgery day, then leave to bring our boys to see me. The second day, he will be at work and I don't think I will have any visitors until evening. I will go home Thanksgiving morning (I will truly be thankful to be home). I don't sit still very well, lol! Any advice?

I was in the hospital two nights also and I HATE hospitals. My hubby was with me the whole time and I had a lot of visitors, so that helped. Definitely take stuff to read. Is there anyone else that can hang out with you while you are there? You will be surprised how fast time passes. You will be busy walking and trying to get your Water down.

I was in the hospital 2 nights also. Slept most of the time the day after surgery. Didn't use phone, I-pad or anything else, didn't feel well enough.

I was there for 2 nights, 3 days, and anesthesia made me so tired and sleepy, I didn't care what they did the first day. Now, the second day because I sleep pretty light, every time the nurses came in I opened my eyes, I think I scared them a few times LOL. Depends on how you feel after and how fast the anesthesia wears off. Be careful with your IPad though, make for certain someone is there with you to keep it when you are out of your room.

I was in for two days, went home around dinnertime on day two. Honestly I felt so lousy that all the things I planned for came to nothing. It seemed that all I really did was sleep, wake up, walk, sleep, wake up, walk. This was all on standard pain medication, though.

2 nights also. !st day after surgery, I was making the most of walking up & down the halls & that left me exhausted & able to sleep a lot. 2nd day, more awake but felt really tired after very little activity. Yeah I woke up when they came in but was so tired I found it easy to get back to sleep :)

I was in 2 nights/3 days, too. I felt horrible (nausea) and never even checked my phone or turned in the TV. Everyone is different, of course, but I felt like poo, just wanted to sleep and had to get up every 30 minutes or so for the ladies' room!

3 days, 2 nights here. Had no pain after night 1. Was in a great Hospital (Cleveland Clinic). i was good but didn't want tv, phone, internet. my mind was no where near that.

Two nights in the hospital. Surgery was in Cancun, so the only visitors were my Husband, and two children "16 and 27," that went with us. I slept most of the first day and night. The second night I couldn't sleep, so I watched Hispanic cooking shows. Talk about ironic.

I was only in for one night. Would have missed my baby too much any longer!

I was in for three nights. It was supposed to be two but I wasn't consuming enough fluids by the third morning. I was up to two ounces an hour and my surgeon wanted me up to 4 oz'a in a hour. I had no problem with pain or nausea. I was very lucky. I never used the PCA nor did I ask for any other type of pain relief. I was uncomfortable a bit but not enough to medicate.