Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Dont Know What Im Doing Wrong?

I am now almost 7 weeks out of surgery and have hit a plateau in the past 2 weeks. I have only lost like 2 pounds. My dr. Says im not getting in enough calories and I need to be getting 1200 in but its sooo hard! I barely able to eat any food, cannot keep down my Vitamins, and now cannot handle dairy products at all. I love this surgery a lot but im trying and trying so hard and I just don't know what im doing wrong. Please someone help me!

*Jess*

Well by looking at your ticker youv'e lost 63 lbs in 7 weeks.....I don't think you are doing any wrong. I am 8 weeks post op and have lost 43 lbs. and I thought that was good. I sucks that you can't eat though. I have tried just about everything by now and I haven't had a problem yet with anything. Did you have food problems before your surgery? I hope you are able to start eating soon and I wish I had some words of wisdom to help you out. I certainly have no problem getting my calories in. Take care and the best of luck.

You have lost 63 pounds in 7 weeks? Fantastic!! Your body will stall, it is adjusting to the massive weight loss. Hang it there it will get moving. I also find if I eat too much say 1000 calories I gain, so don't always listen to what the NUT may say, you know your body the best.

Hi Jessica! I am 7 weeks out today as well. I hit a BIG stall for 3 weeks. Then last week I lost 2 pounds. I feel sooo frustrated sometimes too but if you look at your weight loss history, you are down 63 pounds!!! AWESOME. That is more than me who is down 33 pounds. I rarely eat 1200 calories but I have found the best thing for me is to snack on healthy meals all day. I have my Protein Shake every morning, I eat edamame, string cheese, hard boiled eggs, nuts (total slider food so I am careful) peeled apples. I TRY to stay away from bread and carbs. I still eat a bite or 2 but that is it. You will stall sometimes but you seem to be doing exceptionally well. I know we want if off NOW but be patient it will happen.

Lol thank you everyone but I just updated my ticker and it put my weight loss from b4 the surgery all in there. I have lost 41 since surgery and the rest was 1.5 months before surgery. Its good to know that im not the only one in a stall...not tht I want tht for everyone but im glad its somewhat normal. I feel like im an emotional wreck. Does anyone else feel like their emotions are out of control since surgery? I think my husband thinks im going crazy lol. One thing that is hard is I cannot have anything with chocolate in it or dairy now. Im getting sick alot. So its hard to find things tht I like that don't make me sick. My dr. Thought maybe my carbs are up but I don't feel like I eat a lot of carbs...idk. I am trying to figure out this app my fitness pal more so I get better at tracking my food. I really want this tool to work for me. I am starting to feel like a failure. Maybe im just hard on myself. Im not sure who asked this...but yes I had a lot of stomach, intestinal and food problems b4 surgery. I was sick all the time b4 surgery as well. Not very much fun but im kind of use to it now. Thanks everyone for the advice and input. I kind of started feeling depressed a little and pulled myself away from any of my supports for this surgery and I just want to make it more of a priority to be more involved in the things that help me stay on track and help me stay positive. Thanks everyone!

*Jess*