Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scared Im Done Losing

So I'm almost 7 months out... Yes I'm down 130 pounds but I'm still 100 pounds overweight. Haven't lost in like a month. Scared I'm done losing. Ideas?

Sounds like you're in a stall/plateau. I would love to be down 130 in 7 months, personally. There are a lot of tactics for dealing with stalls, including upping calories for a bit, changing up your exercise routine, and then just plain giving your body time to adjust. Remember, your body's default thing to do when it's losing weight is to fight to hold on to it, because it's sure you're dying of starvation. Keep it up, you're doing great :D

TheGamer^^ is 100% correct!!!

almost 7 months out... down 130 pounds - still 100 pounds overweight. Haven't lost in a month. Scared I'm done losing. Ideas?

kmbrlycool

you started at 370 lbs???

when you have a little more weight to loose - the weight often comes off quicker at the beginning

same reasoning - when you have 30, 20, 10 etc lbs left to loose, it might take a longer time to get rid of that weight :(

you've lost 130 lb!!!! in 7 months WooHoo :)

your body is taking a "time out" with this nasty stall :unsure:

but the good news IMO you are most definitely not at the end of the rope with your weight loss

you've worked really hard these past months, weight never comes off "easy" - but i "see" B) 130 lbs less of you

your body may be saying - ok i need a break, we'll continue this process though, i need to catch my breath

whats a month stall in a future lifetime of being a normal weight - healthy, all that good stuff

hmmmm, maybe thats what we sleevers need to remember and concentrate on

i wanted the weight off immediately - doesn't work that way

anyone, NEWBIES et al - we should know by now - weight will come off differently for all of us - stalls along our voyage - but we'll eventually loose the weight

you will continue to loose - check your measurements, how your clothes are fitting - that could tell another good story :)

i lost about 85 lbs around 7 months (now i'm 11 months PO)

been working on getting last 15 lbs ever since.

down 12 more lbs after a long stall - 3lbs til goal, might take another few weeks -but i'll wait

am i sad, am i upset????

damn straight i am, but patience right???

God Grant Me Patience Just Hurry Up About It ;)

good luck my friend

I'm only 2.5 mths out and I've lost 65 lbs so far and now I'm stuck at 177 smh I hope I'm not slowing down already or done losing cuz I still have 35lbs to lose til I get to my goal smh

I'm only 2.5 mths out and I've lost 65 lbs so far and now I'm stuck at 177 smh I hope I'm not slowing down already or done losing cuz I still have 35lbs to lose til I get to my goal smh

Don't syh lol don't be so hard on yourself. You will loose it. Do you exercise at least 3-5x a week? Maybe do more cardio? U will get there. Congrats on all that weight loss!!!

Don't syh lol don't be so hard on yourself. You will loose it. Do you exercise at least 3-5x a week? Maybe do more cardio? U will get there. Congrats on all that weight loss!!!

Thank u! I'm tryin not to be and this week I really slacked on my workouts ill be honest so I'm hoping that's why

Girl that's awesome that you are almost at goal in less than 3 months. It takes most of us at least to get to the 6 month mark to be that close to goal. Look at it that way. Congratulations again!!!

Sleeved 10/24/12 Sent from my iPad using VST

Haven't lost in like a month. Scared I'm done losing. Ideas?

kmbrlycool

back to you and your initial comment :)

glad you wrote, always good to "vent", show concern that you haven't lost weight in a bit.

you know its a stall, but come here and scream, thats ok - my windows are shut, but you are coming in loud and clear!! :unsure:

hope you are sufficiently proud of yourself for being down those 130 lb - i am sure that makes such a difference going into your new life - walking towards the light {CORNY :o } oh well!!!

gettingMeBack - hang in there - you might have slowed down a bit, but thats ok.

you know, didn't put it on overnight.........will take a little time getting to your final results\

result for all of loosers - we're big "winners" no matter what you've lost

kmbrlycool, gettingMeBack - doing great!!!! all of us are - don't be sad about what you haven't lost yet, be happy for what you have lost - glass full/or half empty, all the way you look at it i guess

all of us - do our best, and get healthier and happier - thats our goal

have a glass of wine and a cookie and you'll feel bette....umm thats another board, scratch that :P

Stalls are common, and after six months they tend to last longer and become more frequent than in the first six months, but you just have to reassess what you are doing and see if it's your body adjusting, or if you've adjusted and let some stuff slide into your daily life that you might have to let go of again until you've met goal.