Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey All Mexico Sleevers(Dr.Garcia) Is there a follow up schedule for you and your primary care physician to follow? I know a lot of ppl who are having surgery in the US goes to see the doctors at certain points after surgery. So I wonder if the is a guideline for my physician to follow and things for her to check for at certain points after surgery? That would be so great.

Dr. Garcia's post op instructions told me at one month and then at 3 months. I'm thinking this is mainly to how u r doing on nurishment/vitamins/minerals

Okay so.....

I'm getting excited. I love reading everyone's posts because it really helps in making my decision.

I will 85% be going with Dr. F Garcia.

I just don't know if I will go through Ready For A Change or A Lighter Me. I have not spoken with anyone Alma or Ronda yet.

Does anyone have reasons for picking one over the other?

At this point, the only thing I like about RFAC over ALM is that RFAC gave me much more info up front.

I can only go based on my experience and at the time people that were also there. I know someone that had gone with Alighterme and was not please and liked how Ready4Achange was with their patients.

But I have heard good things about a lighter me also, I think the best thing to do is ask questions upfront to both before making the commitment.

Ready4Achange - My experience

They gave me a goodie bag with chapstick, bandages the tape a note book folder with information

They also took us shopping (well I didn't go my sister went along with other sleevers and their support)

Meli was a blessing for me in the hospital when it came to talking to the nurse or doctor when I was having an issue with the IV

Rosie was great about helping out in the hotel and giving me info that I needed

Sammuel picked me up and dropped me off with perfect timing

Everyone was there for me whenever I reached out and I liked it alot. Even when I had questions pre-op Alma always got back to me quickly.

Okay so.....

I'm getting excited. I love reading everyone's posts because it really helps in making my decision.

I will 85% be going with Dr. F Garcia.

I just don't know if I will go through Ready For A Change or A Lighter Me. I have not spoken with anyone Alma or Ronda yet.

Does anyone have reasons for picking one over the other?

At this point' date=' the only thing I like about RFAC over ALM is that RFAC gave me much more info up front.[/quote']

I was stuck at first as well and was initially considering a lighter me. But first it took them longer to reply to my inquire and Ready4Achange replied with in minutes. Second I heard well read multiple ppl talk about how alighter me was bad talking about Dr. Garcia just to push you to another surgeon. Last I read so many great things about Alma. So I went with ready4achange, and I'm glad I did because they have been wonderful. Can't wait til I meet them in Feb.

I think there was a few problems with a lighter me and Dr Garcia requested that they not send him anymore patients. So, there is the root of the bad mouthing. Dr Garcia was great, I went with a branch of a lighter me, but if someone asks me, I tell them to look up ready for a change.

I really liked all the people at a lighter me and the experience would have been really great if there had been less people scheduled. But their lack of a big vehicle was a big issue the whole time we were down there.

No matter who you book through, Dr Garcia was a really nice doctor. You will like him.

I agree 100% with AngelEyes. My experience with r4ac was positive on all fronts. I was sleeved January 4, 2013.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I agree 100% with AngelEyes. My experience with r4ac was positive on all fronts. I was sleeved January 4' date=' 2013.

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

With Dr. Garcia?

I agree 100% with AngelEyes. My experience with r4ac was positive on all fronts. I was sleeved January 4' date=' 2013.

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

How are you recovering?

Okay. I sent in my initial paperwork at r4ac. I hope I'm given the okay.

Then, gotta get my passport card and try to pay for all this somehow. Ha!!

Yes, with Dr. Garcia and his team.

As for recovery, it's a process. I'm doing just fine. Changed my diet and incision care yesterday to be back on track.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I'm a little confused on Dr Garcia's pre-op diet. According to what was sent to use, we are on Clear Liquids for 3 days prior to surgery, but right after says eat dinner. Also, it says to take a laxative 3 days prior to surgery. Not quite understanding that

It might be according to your bmi

I think mine is seven days I will check

I think mine is seven days I will check

I would appreciate it. I'm more concerned with the laxative.

I'm a little confused on Dr Garcia's pre-op diet. According to what was sent to use, we are on clear liquids for 3 days prior to surgery, but right after says eat dinner. Also, it says to take a laxative 3 days prior to surgery. Not quite understanding that

Who did you book through. Below is part of what was sent to me I had surgery 11/8

PRE-OP INSTRUCTIONS

START THIS DIET 7-14 DAYS PRIOR TO SURGERY

Use any prepared canned or powdered Protein Drink. You may purchase these in any health food store or many grocery stores. Please be sure it contains at least 15 grams of Protein per serving. 1 protein drink at Breakfast 1 protein drink at lunch Dinner: salad with Protein (chicken, fish, egg, etc), small amount of low fat dressing, or fat free dressing or olive oil and vinegar. 1 protein drink in the evening if needed You may also take 1 Metamucil capsule per day if needed for hunger.

Start this phase 3 days before surgery: Take a laxative (any laxative that you usually use). Take only clear liquids after that. This consists of broth, Jell-o, sugar-free juice, any clear liquid

You may have nothing to eat or drink after the midnight preceding surgery or 8 hours prior to your surgery. If you are a Same Day Surgery arrive with an empty stomach. If you are coming in a day prior you may have dinner but nothing after midnight. You may take needed medications (such as heart or blood pressure medications) with sips of Water the morning of surgery as directed by our Doctors.

Hope that helps some :)