Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is that the norm? It seems steep. "/

I'm jot trying to sound negative' date=' I'm actually cleared for surgery w Garcia, but for some reason, I'm second guessing my choice. Gah!! I can't even pick out socks!!!![/quote']

I don't think that's too many. It only takes 45 min to an hr per surgery, so that's a 6 hour work day. 5 patients a day is not hard to manage. I wouldn't like it if there were more than that though ;)

U can call Alma, she will let u know upfront she is easy to talk to. And honestly most all the drs are doing that many in a day.

I know Lopez does.

I was sleeved by Dr Garcia on Oct 27. I went thru Alma at Ready4Achange and had a great experience. There are several forums on here where people like me have given a detailed account of their experiences with Dr Garcia and his team at Mi Doctor Hospital. There are also reviews and accounts with the 2 coordinator services as well. I was VERY impressed with ready4achange and the attention I received from the company. I traveled to TJ alone and had a great experience. I never once felt weird about any aspect of my whole trip.

If anyone has questions, feel free to PM me.

Good Luck!

I'm thinking about puting down my Deposit tomorrow with Ready 4 a Change. For a surgery date of jan 7th. Has anyone used this DR? And how was there Experience? Thanks for Sharing.

I went with ready 4 a change (alma). And Garcia did my sleeve. I would do it agian if I had to..... tomorrow will be 8 weeks out for me (surgery day 9/20/12) and im down 35lbs :) any questions feel free to ask!

Does anyone know how many surgeries Dr. Garcia does in a day?

It just depends on the schedule. While I was there, I was the only one that day. A couple days before me, Dr Garcia had 2, and the other doc had 2. You can always ask your coordinator, though...5 sounds like a busy day, and id be surprised if that was the norm...

I am going through them as well with Dr Garcia next month. Alma is great! I am going alone as well :)

You guys will be stoked. The onsite coordinators are fantastic. I would NOT have gone without having a coordinator--they make the whole process easier. Good luck!

Dr. Garcia is awesome' date=' I used him! The results speak for themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijQpc4VgASA&feature=youtube_gdata[/quote']

Let me know it all I will be there 2/2013

Dr. Garcia and the entire staff a ready 4a change are amazing people. I'm post op day 4 and feel great. My nausea was horrible for about 2 days but the doctors were right there to help me. Rosie and Melissa have been like family!! The hotel is beautiful and my hubby had a great time hanging out with the hospital staff lol. I'm felling like myself again and on very minimal pain meds..just at night. I wouldn't have done this any other way and will forever be greatful for Dr Garcia.

Yay! Glad you are doing well! I am anticipating nausea, as I get very nauseas after anesthesia :(

Keep us posted on your journey!!

Yay! Glad you are doing well! I am anticipating nausea, as I get very nauseas after anesthesia :(

Keep us posted on your journey!!

You know that was my biggest worry too and I had no nausea at all. I had no pain or bad feeling in my stomach at all and still haven't.

I am bringing or asking for the scoplomine patch just in case! lol

I am bringing or asking for the scoplomine patch just in case! lol

What's that? I've never had surgery so I don't know how I'll reAct to it. Is this an rx?

Just a warning to all who are worried about nausea. Not all the nausea post surgery is caused by the meds and the surgery. Your stomach and esophagus will be swollen post surgery which can cause a temporary blockage. Blockage means vomiting. Anti-nausea meds will not help this! I know from experience. It is only temporary though and once the swelling goes down, hopefully quickly, the nausea and the vomiting will stop.

Ask you PCP for an anti-nausea patch or pill but don't be too disappointed if it doesn't help.

I believe it is a patch that goes on the back of your shoulder to help with nausea. I am gonna ask my Dr about it this week. You prob need a script. I did hear that the hospital there had them, but i wanted to be sure :)

Suzthebrit, I am hoping for the best, lol. I hate throwing up!!!! yuck!!!! :)

Coolmamma, I hate throwing up too but had no choice post op. It just went on and on! I was the only one out of 6 surgeries that day who threw up at all so it's not necessarily going to happen, just be prepared for it.