Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 17Th'ers.. Where Are Ya?

I'm right there with you Postal. I am counting down the days (6) until I can start on soft foods. The liquids seem to have gotten easier as time goes on but I still struggle with the head hunger. It also really doesn't feel like hunger but just a missing feeling. I have been doing 2 Protein Shakes while at work and coming home to some type of high Protein Soup. Thankfully I found Premier Protein at the suggestion of another member and it has really seen me through. All of the stuff I got in preparation hasn't worked out. I also got a lot of sugar free Jello and I have no desire to eat it.

I have lost 23lbs since surgery. I've kinda stalled out over the last 3 or so days. I lost the majority of the weight the first week. I'm hoping it picks back up soon. I know that going from 2400 calories a day to 600 is going to produce weight loss. I just need my body to get on board.

I was sleeved 10/15 down about 15 pounds.. Seems like I lose weight every five or six days.. So I'm going to stop weighing my self everyday it's driving me crazy.. I try my hardest to get all my Protein in but I hate every sip.. I have been working out.. Walking, treadmill, a Lil bike .. I kind of see I'm not going to be one of those big losers. But it's fine as long as I lose..my clothes are fitting great though!

Im doing well too!! Lost 24 pds and I am doing decent on liquids. I drink 16 ozs in a sitting so try and get 3-4 of those in. I also drink rtd Isopure. Glad everyone is doing awesome!!!

We are well on the right road! Glad to see I'm on track with everyone else. :) - Keep it up milan, slow and steady.

Hi!! I was sleeved 10/17' date=' I feel pretty good and am down 22lbs so far! Still struggling to get all the Protein and Water down, but got a few things to try from the nutritionist, so today is a new day to do better. The one thing that surprised me is missing food so much! I didn't realized that part of my issues with food. The normalcy of chewing will be most welcomed! lol Thanks for the recipes, looking forward to trying those.[/quote']

You sound like a mirror image of me. Lol. I was sleeved on the 17th , and have a hard time balancing the protein an fluids. I feel like I'm in a stall. I have lost 22lbs. Since surgery as well, but have been that way since Sunday. :( I really need to figure out what to do to get this moving again.

Same exact thing here tbnote. Our bodies must be adjusting. I know I have read that people stall. I just didn't expect it week 2 -3. :-/

16th here down 25 since surgery. Barely getting in 10 oz of Fluid, had to go back to liquids to get in fluids, and have to have upper GI to make sure all is well. I'm nauseas but finally got Zofran for that today. I'm looking forward to feeling better. Good luck to y'all! Glad all is well it gives me hope!

I was sleeved on the 17th too and doing pretty good, though agree i so bad want to get even to the pureed stage, i think that's another 2 weeks out according to my NUT orders. I have to admit i really want food (headwise not hungerwise) but i'm afraid to start eating things...and right now, i am satisfied but not "full" on liquids, even the thick liquids. My plan says right now i should have a 1/4 cup of cream Soup, but 1/2 cup goes down easy....i know everyone must be different, but it scares me a bit!

It is interesting and challenging learning what our bodies are saying to us now. I feel for my fellow 17thers, just know we are not alone, we have each other. We know what each other are going through. We can get through liquid diets and puréed food and feel amazing when we do those things that gave us the intense desire to change our lives.

Funny thing for me(what started this process for me), is having a granddaughter. After spending years avoiding pictures, being the photographer. I realized I wanted her to know without a doubt I was there throughout her life, not only just feel like I've been there. I also wanted to talk her places and be able to participate in the activity, instead of sitting on the sidelines.

Two years ago, my husband, oldest son and I hiked up to Mt LeConte Lodge. A hike that should have taken 3 hours by the route we chose, it took me 6. I want to go back and take my granddaughter, I will get there.

Its funny how diff docs are. I started pureed/ soft foods Tuesday and it helps tremendously. Things have been going slow. I chew until I am barely swallowing anything. I havent had any issues other than filling up super fast!

I miss the chewing of food as well. I think I did realize there were issues with food, though... We will slowly but surely overcome this though!! I know we can!!

October 18! 13lbs down, lost many many inches! But stalled:( stalled now for a 6 days. Walking drinking but did cheat a bit. Can have regular textured chicken fish and soft canned fruits. About 60 Protein is my Max. Halloween candy did a number on me:(

Oct 18th as well. Doing great, down 20lbs. Does seem a bit scary that things are going down so easy. Getting about 52-60 oz of fluids down a day. But my Protein is good. Yesterday i actually got in 87 grams. I purchased the Isopure unflavored Protein Powder and have been putting it in all my cream Soups, pudding and yogurt. Can get in about 3-6 oz of the thicker liquids. But an totally missing chewing food. I start pureed food next Tuesday so can't wait to eat something different but all I'd going great. Good luck to everyone... :)

Sleeved on 10/22 here... Cannot WAIT to get to the soft food stage... Still on Liquid Protein and broth... Down about 16 lbs...

It is amazing. I week before surgery, i was at 325, now am at 306 or so, can't complain! But i find myself afraid of everything, stalling or finding out my tummy isn't that little after all....i'm a worry wart at heart after all! LOL. It just freaks me out to not feel full when drinking protien. But i don't feel hungry either...so i think it's just a mindplay!