Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

WOW---we have a lot of brave people getting banded in November!! I say "brave" because most of us will be giving up holiday meals, something most other people wouldn't understand, but which I think speaks volumes about our commitment to a new life. We will be successful!!! :first:

Angela, you ROCK!!! Your hike sounds GORGEOUS!! I am so jealous!! I am also in awe of anyone who can walk 4 miles and considers that "moderate".... You DESERVED that breakfast!!

Welcome to the new Bandsters! It won't be long now!!

Karen

Hi Karen,

I can already feel my muscles aching a bit... but it was worth it! Yes, I agree, banding at this time shows commitment!:clap2:

My muscles ache for you!! Hey, what does the "bump" "bump" thing mean... ?

It means that I am moving our thread up so people can see it at the top instead of getting lost on another page. Making sure new Nov bandsters can find it easily :)

It means that I am moving our thread up so people can see it at the top instead of getting lost on another page. Making sure new Nov bandsters can find it easily :)

How did you know to do that? I guess I don't really understand how it works. We are just lucky that you are on this thread!! Oh, and Chris also--- you have both made this a great one! I am excited for you and your trip to S.D. I bet your Mom is looking forward to it also, huh? Oh and maybe I can make it to Walgreen's for one of those thermos', it sounds great!! Thanks for the idea!

Karen

How did you know to do that? I guess I don't really understand how it works. We are just lucky that you are on this thread!! Oh, and Chris also--- you have both made this a great one! I am excited for you and your trip to S.D. I bet your Mom is looking forward to it also, huh? Oh and maybe I can make it to Walgreen's for one of those thermos', it sounds great!! Thanks for the idea!

Karen

i saw it done a couple of times on other threads so I thought I would do the same when our thread is slow :) I just love all the cute smilies here!

:) Hope we will feel good enougharound the 12th or so to get some tea in a cafe somewhere between Ventura and Burbank!

:) Hope we will feel good enougharound the 12th or so to get some tea in a cafe somewhere between Ventura and Burbank!

I am looking forward to it! But don't forget, you will have one day of healing on me!! You can call me anytime also, OK?

And good luck this week---I know it will be a busy one for you!

Karen

Sunsreturn: I love your Goal Weight----perfect!! Me too!

Diana G., thanks for the cute smilies and good wishes!! November Bandsters ROCK!!!

Only 3 more days till November!!

well..... I went for a 4 mile moderate hike today...in Mill valley, a trail that takes you from the inner bay and you think you have to hike huge hills to get to the ocean, but this taril takes you through very small hills to the ocean in two miles! It is sooooo beautiful! It had been a while since I had gone ther. If anyone in Cali is interested it is the Tennessee Valley trail. Only a few people know about it. Most people avoid it since they think they have to do mountain hiking for hours to get there. 4 miles! :clap2: My legs are sore already. After we went to eat...I had Breakfast and of course I was doing the last supper thing... I had steak and eggs...still within low carb, but too fatty, and one slice of WW toast with a bit of home made preserves! :omg: Oh well.... it will be ok...

Off to the HOT shower! Karen I am sooo excited! I fly to San Diego a week from tomorrow! I bought a little thermos today at Walgreen's perfect for a bandster meal or Soup and inside the lid there is a hidden compartment with a spoon...perfect! :)

OMG! Are you in Marin? So am I. I live in Novato. How about you?

Did you go to Dipsea for breakfast after your hike? I love that place. :clap2:

OMG! Are you in Marin? So am I. I live in Novato. How about you?

Did you go to Dipsea for breakfast after your hike? I love that place. :clap2:

Hi!

Yes...in Marin!!! And I did go to Dipsea for breakfast! How cool you are here...we can meet and support each other! I will be gone from Nov 5th until about the 17th...i will be recovering in SoCal. I will private mesage my cell phone :clap2:

Hi Everyone...I went out and walked a bit more today... I also bought a few odds and ends I will need, including a scale for home here in Cali. I weighed mys3elf on several different ones and they were all different!!!!!:) So what to do???? I guess I can just see the progress as I go. Tomorrow I will weigh myself at work again to try to correlate that one to my new one. How is everyone doing? Those on pre-op diets how are you doing? November is almost here!:clap2:

Hello Everyone!

Just a few more days until November! I hope that everyone is doing well! I am really looking forward to Halloween, first time in my own house, and i have a really scary front porch for all the trick or treaters. I have even been able to stay away from all of the candy! :biggrin1:

Go Bears!!!

Hi Ladies!!! Welcome to everyone new! Just wanted to let you know I've updated the list.

It now contains our new members:

Lois Lane, CJay and Sunsreturn!!!

And, I updated AngelaT's stats to show her loss!!! YEAH!!!

And, I don't know how I missed this...Karen's 5lb loss as well!!! YEAH!!!!

I also added Jess02's stats....

"Lil" Red's :) I took care of on the first day...

Okay, as for me...nothing new, just holding steady - trying not to give into the last supper syndrome - and ready to cheer each of you on as your day arrives!

Oh, I do have an NSV...maybe if I post it, I'll hold true to it...I've given up fried french fries...okay, I've given up french fries for now. Period. One day, when I can trust myself not to over indulge, I might add back in baked fries. Potatoes are my "mortal weightloss" enemy. One day, I will completely overcome them. :mad:

Chris

Thank you, Chris---what an asset you are to this list!! Yeah, those darn french fries.... I love 'em too! Congrats on your NSV---

Veggestyle--- You are having a NSV also! Halloween candy....is everyone else able to stay away, also? This will be a first for me!! I used to buy way more than I needed, just so I would have plenty for ME. Not this year, tho'. Hey, I guess I am having a NSV too!!!:biggrin1:

How cool is that that Alix and Angela are in the same city?? I wish I had someone on the list that lived near me, but at least I live in the same STATE as you both! But hey, I will be ok as long as I have this list.... thank you all for being here!

2 more days and counting.......!!!! :clap2:

Karen