Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

Tom-post pictures please...we want to see you...and your progress....but please no thong! :) :scared:

Dr. A. Be careful what you ask for. You want pictures with NO thong! Hmmm. I didn't know this was that kind of site but that can be arranged. ;-)

Maybe that would help on my Quest to "help" with exercising! :omg:

Tom

Dr. A. Be careful what you ask for. You want pictures with NO thong! Hmmm. I didn't know this was that kind of site but that can be arranged. ;-)

Maybe that would help on my Quest to "help" with exercising! :omg:

Tom

No! NO!...not nothing at all :faint: I meant regular clothes!!!:)

The weirdest thing is happing inmy tummey and I guess head right now. I want to eat, you know, fantasies of huge burger and fries... but instead am just eating to fuel my body. I do not think I have been in this mental state since i was a kid. =Just eating to fill my needs and not for anyother reason. Before I leave for school I grab what I need for the day.. it is not a hassle, just whatever is there and will get me to my protien goal and fill me up. I am loving the hard boiled eggs right now.. one does the trick, and great protien.. and easy in the backpack! In the cafeteria I get a mayo packet and squish it all up.. voila.. egg salad! And I am down 6 more lbs..

I love my band! (today) lol

I have the same thoughts. Double cheese burger. Sicilian pizza. Etc. Boiled eggs are a good source of Protein. I get the Omega 3 eggs. But, I can't eat them boiled or poached. Scrambled is the only way. Congrats. on 6 more pounds. Remember to measure. You'll probably see an even bigger diff.+

48 down

Good day all. I figure if we keep this conversing going, we can stay on page one of the general discussion boards!

Listen Angela & Tom, I think you need a "private" room! Of course I am only kidding tho I realize that might not come through on a post! The two of you are unreal!

So, I finally did it! I broke 230 and am now 228! WooHoo! I hope this will be a good few weeks for me. I have ceased drinking while eating and thereafter and have begun to focus on Protein. Gosh, last night for dinner I had a chocolate & Peanut Butter Zone bar with some peanut butter smeared on top. Go figure, me, only a Protein Bar. Quite an accomplishment!

How are you all doing with sagging skin? I looked over while holding the phone to my ear and could not believe my eyes! I had gobs of hanging fat! It looks soooo nasty! Do you really think this can be toned with excercise?

Well have a good day all!

Listen Angela & Tom, I think you need a "private" room! Of course I am only kidding tho I realize that might not come through on a post! The two of you are unreal!

I'm sure there can be calories burned just watching. :omg:

Tom

So, I finally did it! I broke 230 and am now 228! WooHoo! I hope this will be a good few weeks for me. I have ceased drinking while eating and thereafter and have begun to focus on Protein. Gosh, last night for dinner I had a chocolate & Peanut Butter Zone bar with some Peanut Butter smeared on top. Go figure, me, only a Protein Bar. Quite an accomplishment!

How are you all doing with sagging skin? I looked over while holding the phone to my ear and could not believe my eyes! I had gobs of hanging fat! It looks soooo nasty! Do you really think this can be toned with excercise?

Well have a good day all!

Congratulations on the weight break through! Be cautious smearing peanut butter on a zone bar. Peanut butter is a great source of Protein BUT it is also high in fat and calories. The Zone Bar probably has over 200 calories on it's own. 1 tablespoon of peanut butter (which is 1/2 of a serving) has 95 calories. You can easily go over 300 calories. Not to say that both don't have benefits to offer, just be a bit cautious.

As to the saggy skin, thus why I'm at the gym exercising twice a week. I'm certainly hanging in places I shouldn't be. A girl I work with had gastric bypass surgery several years ago and she had to have skin removed. Of course, she lost almost as much as she know weighs. Another advantage to slow weight loss. Skin is very elastic (or it would have never stretched over all the "extra") so it will retract. Drink LOTS of fluids to help keep the skin elastic. And exercise, exercise, exercise.

Tom

Hi MArni! I wasn't the one to ask Tom to pose in a thing!:) hmmmm... who was that? he he... I want a pic with full clothing!! :biggrin1:

Make sure you're not looking for the "I just ate at a buffet and can't hold another bite" feeling when trying to decide if you feel full. I did that at first and had LOTS of pain. Remember, you still have all of your stomach, just part of it is sectioned off. You have to learn what is full in the new pouch and stop when that is full. Your mind may tell you that you want more but learn what is a comfortable feeling in the pouch and stop.

DON'T drink with your meals because you end up flushing the food out of the pouch into the lower section of the stomach. The whole idea of the band is that the food goes through slowly so you feel full, albeit it a new "full", longer. If you flush it through too quickly, you defeat the purpose.

As others have said, keep up the Protein content. And the exercise will kick start the metabolism. Don't over-react. We all are different. It's not a race. We can ALL get to the finish line and we can all win. Just keep doing what you know is right.

Go back to the basics. Keep a food log. Calories tend to sneak in when we get complacent. We think we know but when you put pencil to paper, it may show a different story. Log your exercise. 10,000 steps a day is the minimum goal if you use a pedometer. (Personally, couldn't find one that worked but others swear by them.) Eat less of the right kind of foods, exercise more and you WILL lose weight. You may not drop 2-4 pounds a week but 1 pound a week consistently over time will make a big difference.

Tomorrow is 18 weeks since 11/1, the earliest on here anyone was banded. If you're at least 18 pounds less than you were then, you're doing GREAT! That's 1 pound a week. If you're at 25 pounds, you're closer to 1.5 pounds per week even if you were banded on the first day of the month. Think back over the years and ask when the last time you lost over a pound a week for 4 months was! Remember, the band is not a cure for fat. It's a tool to help YOU lose the weight. YOU still have to do the work.

Tom

AMEN Tom, You are our bandster preacher. So true So True...even a pound a week is going down not up. That's the way aha a:biggrin1: ha I like it

AMEN Tom, You are our bandster preacher. So true So True...even a pound a week is going down not up. That's the way aha a:biggrin1: ha I like it

Bless you, Sister Kjojojr!

Tom

As far as planning food... How does everyone do it? I am trying to figure it out in the morning, and write it down then, and stick to it. But then I never change my journal when I go off. I want to keep a journal,

I believe it is SO important! But I am having a hard time with it... So, I guess there is 2 questions:

Do you journal???

How do you plan your food? ??

Can't wait for your input. Is there an updat coming with all the names listed with progress, or has that stopped?

Have a great banded day!

Misty

I do not keep a journal. I also do not plan food each day. Once a week I make sure I have things here in the office I can eat. Can of tuna, Soup, Salmon etc. Mornings are easy for me. I have a Slim fast Low carb on the way to work(20gram protein), about two hours later I have low cal low fat yogart (10 gram protein). Then I just wing it,always keeping my Protein for the day in mind.

Sagging skin? Oh, Yea but, I know a great plastic surgeon.

Does anyone here drink Soda anyomore? I haven't had one since Nov. 1st. My name is Sherrie and I was Diet Dr Pepper user and abuser. I'm afraid to drink one, what if I can't stop.

I try to keep a journal, but not always good at doing it. I am much better at it when I am not loosing weight and want to figure out why. I don't really plan my days ahead of time, but I am a creature of habit and my morning and afternoon foods are usually the same all the time or close to it. I try to just count Protein and keep my fats and carbs as small as possible. As far as soda goes, I was told it was a no go when I signed up for this and I have stuck to it. I, too, was an addict. A couple cans a day was the norm. I'm too worried about what it might do to me if I did drink it that it stops the cravings.

Everyone is doing so great her in the November Bandster group. Way to go. I know I've said this before, but you really keep me motivated. :)

Does anyone here drink Soda anyomore? I haven't had one since Nov. 1st. My name is Sherrie and I was Diet Dr Pepper user and abuser. I'm afraid to drink one, what if I can't stop.

I knew that I was going to have to give soda up so I did last summer and have never looked back. I drank way too much soda so once in a while I have a craving but I ignore it and it goes away fast. At this point if I did try it, I'm not certain it would have the same appeal anymore. My advice, stay away from soda. It can cause too many problems.