Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

My husband is a big soda drinker and sometimes that is all I have to drip so I just take a taste, a couple of sips of it. I never have been a soda drinker so I don't miss soda. I just know that it feels weird because of the carbination in feels like its going to come back up. I know soda is bad on your intestines anyway so we are all better off with the H2O and lots of it. I have not had a good weight loss week but still trying to take it one day at a time. I am working on being patient and still trying to break my old bad habits of chips and extra Snacks that are not good for my body.

I got the overeater book off Amazon called Today which has daily inspirational insight. I try to read it when I am feeling like I could use a bag of doritos right now and it helps put me back into perspective of the weight loss journey and keeping the weight off for the rest of my life. I am only 35 years old so I still have a long life to live. Lets promise that today is a good day and tomorrow will be even better. Support is key and internal peace is a big challenge. Have a great weekend my Bandster buddies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on the weight break through! Be cautious smearing Peanut Butter on a zone bar. Peanut Butter is a great source of Protein BUT it is also high in fat and calories. The Zone Bar probably has over 200 calories on it's own. 1 tablespoon of peanut butter (which is 1/2 of a serving) has 95 calories. You can easily go over 300 calories. Not to say that both don't have benefits to offer, just be a bit cautious.

As to the saggy skin, thus why I'm at the gym exercising twice a week. I'm certainly hanging in places I shouldn't be. A girl I work with had gastric bypass surgery several years ago and she had to have skin removed. Of course, she lost almost as much as she know weighs. Another advantage to slow weight loss. Skin is very elastic (or it would have never stretched over all the "extra") so it will retract. Drink LOTS of fluids to help keep the skin elastic. And exercise, exercise, exercise.

Tom

I figure about 300 cals but it was for whole meal. I try to stay under 1000 cals a day.

I believe it is SO important! But I am having a hard time with it... So, I guess there is 2 questions:

Do you journal???

How do you plan your food???

Can't wait for your input. Have a great banded day!

Misty

I do not Journal. If Im having a hard time I will put my food into FITDAY for a rude awakening! I don't plan too much other then:

Breakfast: 1/2 Protein shake or Protein Bar

Lunch: Lean Cuisine, sandwich or something

Dinner: Gosh, thats a hard one. If I am cooking I can plan what I am cooking for my family. If we go out I try and order sensibly.

Not the best example for sure. I try to stay under 1000 cals. Lately the Girl Scout Cookies and I are doing battle!

Marni,

1000 calories may not be enough. Your body might go in starvation mode. Then the body stores everything.

Does anyone here drink Soda anyomore? I haven't had one since Nov. 1st. My name is Sherrie and I was Diet Dr Pepper user and abuser. I'm afraid to drink one, what if I can't stop.

I was so addicted to Diet Pepsi in a can that I would just hear the can open and ahhhhh.....I gave it up as did my family. Every now and then Ill take a sip of my husbands, or mothers if we're out and they are drinking one. To be honest, it is not the same. Now, it seems way too bubbly and sweet. Just a few sips and Im off burping! I can proudly say I am a recovered Pesiaholic!

Marni,

1000 calories may not be enough. Your body might go in starvation mode. Then the body stores everything.

Okay, so logically that might be true but there is no way I am going to be able to up the calories. I am not really loosing fast and the thought of eating more, freaks me out! I actually want to eat less! I get mad at myself for eating in what I feel is excess....

Okay, so logically that might be true but there is no way I am going to be able to up the calories. I am not really loosing fast and the thought of eating more, freaks me out! I actually want to eat less! I get mad at myself for eating in what I feel is excess....

MArni,

Have you looked at how I eat? No fill and yet I lose. If I slow down too much then I start to eat more healthy calories...I go from 1000 to 1200 or 1400 and keep my body guessing. You will not lose much weight if your body goes into starvation mode...you will gain instead or simply not lose! You need to have more calories, especially in the mornings!

At one time, I drank at least 6 cans of Diet Coke a day. I reduced myself to 2 cans a day a few years ago. I still drank non-caffiene (Diet Sprite, Diet Root Beer, etc.) after the two cans but was limiting my caffiene. When I started on this Quest, I was told no caffiene or carbonation. I did go through "detox" but managed to be caffiene and carbonation free for several months. I then would sneak an occasional pop. I have had pop since surgery. I drink it slow. A 20 ounce bottle is at least a full day. I have a bottle of Diet Berries and Cream Dr. Pepper in my desk at work. It's been 3 days so far on the one bottle. I'm a strong believer of all things in moderation. I've not had any ill-effects of carbonation. I *DON'T* suggest you try and drink it with food that tends to get stuck as that is VERY uncomfortable. You're probably better off without it, but if you can handle it in moderation, I doubt the world will come crashing down. (I've even had a Diet Coke with rum or Jack Daniels in it and I'm still alive.)

Tom

Yesterday morning I had the local PBS station on (don't have cable and wasn't in the mood for cartoons) and they had heard something interesting. They were doing their membership fund-raising campaign and had a doctor who developed the You Diet. For a sizable donation they'd give you the book and/or DVD. I was running the vacuum and cleaning the bathroom while it was on so didn't watch the whole program but did hear some interesting tidbits.

First of all, one of his recurring keys throughout the program is that you must walk 30 minutes a day everyday. (He also suggests a pedometer and to walk 10,000+ steps a day.) The benefits of walking are numerous.

The other tidbit I found interesting is that the he mentioned the area of the brain that controls hunger is the same area the thirst, the need for exercise and the need for sex. His recommendation is before eating, to increase the other areas first. If you've drank, exercised and had sex and are still hungry, then that is probably what you need but often times, you need one of the other three and your brain gets confused and makes you think you need food.

He also mentioned eating high-fiber in the morning if you have afternoon cravings. The Fiber will have approached the appropriate area in your intestinal tract by afternoon and you won't feel as hungry. He also said to "automate" your food. He eats the same thing for Breakfast and lunch everyday. He also said spicy food slows down the digestive process and makes you feel fuller, longer. He specifically mentioned having a V8 juice everyday. (While I am now even more committed to having more sex, I have been having 6 ounces of Spicy V8 every morning for quite some time. :heh: )

Just thought I'd share the information. If it happens to be rebroadcast on your local PBS station, you might try and catch it. A very straight-forward common sense approach.

Tom

Hi Tom,

I do know the concepts you are talking about anf I use them...I do drink the Water first, I try to eat a little spicy and with LOTS of flavor, and in the past I have tried the sex thing...it is a great diet! But the problem is to find that someone you love to make sure they can help you succeed :faint:

Th V8 I do not do...little bang for the amount of sodium it has and the true amount of nutrition low. Get a juicer and make your own veggie juice and add hot sauce and it is so much better!

So Tom are you going out yet trying to meet nice ladies? I think you are ready!!! Go steal a heart !:bandit

in the past I have tried the sex thing...it is a great diet! But the problem is to find that someone you love to make sure they can help you succeed :faint:

Women. Expect love and sex to have to go together. <sigh> :heh:

Th V8 I do not do...little bang for the amount of sodium it has and the true amount of nutrition low. Get a juicer and make your own veggie juice and add hot sauce and it is so much better!

I hope to have a garden in next year and will look to that. I am a salt-aholic. Fortunately, blood pressure has never been an issue for me.

So Tom are you going out yet trying to meet nice ladies? I think you are ready!!! Go steal a heart !:bandit

No looking for any hearts. Been there, done that. Actually VERY much enjoy being single and alone. It's the first time in my life that I've lived alone. (Well, I do have the three dogs that share my bed.) The batchelor life is suiting me just fine, thank you. Did love once, next time, it will be for money! :omg:

Women. Expect love and sex to have to go together. <sigh> :heh:

I hope to have a garden in next year and will look to that. I am a salt-aholic. Fortunately, blood pressure has never been an issue for me.

No looking for any hearts. Been there, done that. Actually VERY much enjoy being single and alone. It's the first time in my life that I've lived alone. (Well, I do have the three dogs that share my bed.) The batchelor life is suiting me just fine, thank you. Did love once, next time, it will be for money! :omg:

maybe later you will feel different... It is hard for a while...I know...i have had more than my share of heartbreak...but Love is worth it. With each relationship one learns many lessons, and we grow and evolve. I am still not giving up on finding that specail someone who I will be with for the rest of my life. I ahve had a couple of close calls... maybe the next one... what can i say...i a, a romantic...

I just wanted to ask if anyone has found good alcoholic beverages to drink while out? I don't drink much, but love wine coolers, and now that I don't want to even try the carbonation, I always have to take my blender and my own mixers to parties....can be a pain in the neck. I just don't have a clue as to what you can just buy, ready to drink, thats sortof like a wine cooler, or sweet in otherwords. I don't really like the taste of alcohol, so I don't know. Any ideas? I love white russians, and mudslides, but again, pain in the butt.

Kristi

I have thought about adding vodka to some crystal light or koolaid, but who knows? I as seriously in need of some helpLOL.