Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

Hello to all the soon to be November Bandsters! Our list is growing...

Yes, Angela and Karen, I said LIST...LOL...and you thought we weren't listening. Out of sheer boredom, I created the list you ladies were discussing. I hope I have it all down. If I'm missing anyone, or any of the information is incorrect, please let me know. :)

Angela, I don't know if you want to edit your first post to include this or not. Maybe that way, we'd have a central location to go to for review...

So, here it is, from what I was able to gather....

10/26 Jdru (Jessica) 215/215/125 Dr. Hansen (Honorary Nov Bandster)

11/1 melany72 Dr. Hargroder

11/2 DeniseC (Denise) 226/219/130 Dr. Carbonell

11/2 prbrooksie 252/252/150 Dr. Malley

11/2 Kym828 (Kim) 278/278/175 Dr. Ortiz

11/2 pebbles4388 249/249/150

11/3 Jess333 (Jessica ("Lil" Red)) Dr. Ortiz

11/7 AngelaT (Angela) 225/225/150 Dr. Rumbaut

11/7 Jackye 225/225/150-45 Dr. Rumbaut

11/8 L8BloomR (Karen) goal: -105 Dr. Francis

11/8 dpingl goal: -92 Dr. Hoehn

11/8 niecyrenee goal: -232, down 8 Dr. Pitt

11/9 Keekahari (Kee) 280/245/175 Dr. Moazzez

11/10 FullofGRACE Dr. Curry

11/10 alix_1 (Alix) 222/222/140 Dr. Garza

11/13 swilborn (Sherrie) Size 22/???/140 Dr. Rodriquez

11/14 ahaizlip (Amy) goal: -129 Dr. Liu

11/17 Asmallerchick (Kelly) goal: -200 Dr. Aceves

11/20 Diana_G 234/234/145 Dr. Huacuz

11/20 Veggestyle 275/?/150 Dr. M

11/20 Laurba

11/21 Jess02 (Jess) Dr. Rumbaut

11/24 aussie_bandit 153kg/153kg/75kg

11/30 Inner_me (Chris) 350/350/200 Dr. Cahill

Waiting on a date:

Helensmith 213/205/125 (Doc says 113) Dr. Li

Aza 321/314/165

Chris

WOW Chris!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome!! Thank you! By the way everyone I switched docs...I am now with Dr. Aceves :)

Hi! I can't believe I lost weight on my pre-op low carb diet this first week!!!!!!!! I weighed myself this morning and I went from 226 down to 221!!!

:) Hi November bandsters, I'm scheduled for Nov 6 and am on the Optifast liquid diet now and not liking it much. Do you think it would be bad to just have a few bites of the lean canned chicken, it has 0.5 fat, 40 calories and lots of Protein. I need some advice. I checked with my nutritionist and she said I could not substitute anything. I wonder if anyone has done it and still came out successful. Thanks for any help you can give me. :help:

:) Hi November bandsters, I'm scheduled for Nov 6 and am on the Optifast liquid diet now and not liking it much. Do you think it would be bad to just have a few bites of the lean canned chicken, it has 0.5 fat, 40 calories and lots of Protein. I need some advice. I checked with my nutritionist and she said I could not substitute anything. I wonder if anyone has done it and still came out successful. Thanks for any help you can give me. :help:

I guess if it is just a little bit it is OK...I do not have to be on a liquid diet, just very low carb to shrink the liver... it would be best if it is not canned due to high sodium. Boil some chicken with NO skin and make a soup/broth. Just a few oz. a day... but keep on the optifast...the trick is the NO carbs and low fat!... Try to stick to what they tell you as much as you can! It is important.

Louis Lane,

I think every doctor has a different protocal....I am doing the slimfast for Breakfast and lunch and a lean cuisine for dinner (no more than 800 calories per day). I can't see how canned chicken would hurt, but then again I didn't pay for a medical degree either :)

I will be banded on Nov. 2 with Dr. Huacuz. The pre-diet isn't so bad compared to the pain of being large for soooo long. My start weight is around 345. Anything under 3 would be welcome. The confidence I'm getting by staying on the liquid is helping my mental state also. I quess it is distracting from the scarry procedure ahead.

:) Thanks for your thoughts. I was confused only because I have the nutrition bars which certainly are not liquid so I figured if I was cutting 2-3 Optifast meals a day out I could substitute some lean chicken breast. The point is to shrink the liver and that seems to be what you guys are doing too only with some real food. I may try the chicken breast for a couple of days and then 4-5 before surgery just grin and bear it. :hungry:

Hello to all the soon to be November Bandsters! Our list is growing...

Yes, Angela and Karen, I said LIST...LOL...and you thought we weren't listening. Out of sheer boredom, I created the list you ladies were discussing. I hope I have it all down. If I'm missing anyone, or any of the information is incorrect, please let me know. :)

Chris, thanks for putting together the list! I didn't realize there were so many November bandsters!:)

I'm scared...I just know they are going to cancel my surgery. I just got my blood work and it is a mess. I work in a hospital and a friend of mine who is qualified took a look at it and said it looks like I having something wrong...like my gallbladder or liver. Plus, my A1C blood sugar average was 10 which is really high. I am just sitting here waiting for the doctor to call and cancel.

I'm scared...I just know they are going to cancel my surgery. I just got my blood work and it is a mess. I work in a hospital and a friend of mine who is qualified took a look at it and said it looks like I having something wrong...like my gallbladder or liver. Plus, my A1C blood sugar average was 10 which is really high. I am just sitting here waiting for the doctor to call and cancel.

It might not be the best blood work, but they might not cancel...just put you on a very strict diet and possible meds... I will keep my fingers crossed! NO sugar!!!! NO alcohol!, little fat! LOTS of purified water! Low fat lean Protein and cleansing veggies.... Good luck!

CON'T...if something is wrong with my gallbladder why would they be able to do that surgery at the same time?

They can do gall bladder surgery through a laparscopic procedure just like they do the band... so while they are in there they can do both! :-)

Thanks...I sure hope they don't cancel because I don't know when I am going be able to get off work again.

I am just sitting by the phone to see what they say.