Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

I'm not saying that 20 pounds isn't a lot, but because I have failed so many times in the past. I just don't consider this a big deal. I've lost 20 pounds so many times. Until I really lose some weight (over 50) I won't believe that I can do it.

I cannot even begin to tell you the number of times I have failed. I too was so afraid this wouldn't work (and sometimes still am) because I know me and I know how weak I can be. I read something on here once and have adopted it as my life motto....Nothing taste as good as skinny is gonna feel! I have to remind myself of that every single day. It's not easy; everyone here knows that all too well. Keep your head up! It will come off, maybe slowly, but you can do this! Hey just think, the slower it comes off, the less chance of sagging skin! Some of us will be getting tummy tucks to get rid of our excess skin and you'll already be showing off your hard work in a bikini! :heh:

Niecyrenee,

When he takes the pics, make sure you are both standing in the same places. It will help with the dept in the photos to be the same. If you are closer or farther on the second pics than you are on the first, they won't show as much difference. Does that make sense?

You are doing an awesome job. I am so proud of you. You are an inspiration!!!!!!!!!

Niecyrenee,

When he takes the pics, make sure you are both standing in the same places. It will help with the dept in the photos to be the same. If you are closer or farther on the second pics than you are on the first, they won't show as much difference. Does that make sense?

You are doing an awesome job. I am so proud of you. You are an inspiration!!!!!!!!!

Hmm...that will take some work. We took the pics at the motel so it won't be the same place. It may take some trial and error but we could put them on the computer and make sure that my height is the same in each pic to determine if he is the same distance from me. That would probably work.

Thanks to everyone for all the wonderful comments!

I cannot even begin to tell you the number of times I have failed. I too was so afraid this wouldn't work (and sometimes still am) because I know me and I know how weak I can be. I read something on here once and have adopted it as my life motto....Nothing taste as good as skinny is gonna feel! I have to remind myself of that every single day. It's not easy; everyone here knows that all too well. Keep your head up! It will come off, maybe slowly, but you can do this! Hey just think, the slower it comes off, the less chance of sagging skin! Some of us will be getting tummy tucks to get rid of our excess skin and you'll already be showing off your hard work in a bikini! :heh:

You are doing everything I am not doing...LOL. I haven't been exercising and eating just about anything I want. I don't know what is wrong with me. I've got to get in gear and focus on my health.

Hi everyone...just passing through. I've finally got a surgery date with the new surgeon! I am truly happy about this, but of course, I had expected to be banded by now.

Either way it goes, I'm still in it for the long haul...so I'll check back with you in a couple of weeks to let you know how I'm doing.

Oh yeah, I'm now to be a January 2007 bandster. So, keep me in your prayers for Jan. 24th!

Chris

Hi everyone...just passing through. I've finally got a surgery date with the new surgeon! I am truly happy about this, but of course, I had expected to be banded by now.

Either way it goes, I'm still in it for the long haul...so I'll check back with you in a couple of weeks to let you know how I'm doing.

Oh yeah, I'm now to be a January 2007 bandster. So, keep me in your prayers for Jan. 24th!

Chris

Good luck Inner ME we miss you!

You know, as rotten as it was of my Mother to lie, it helps me remember that I'm the one who's in this, and whatever the world throws at me, I can't be thrown by it. Nobody has to be fair or kind or understand, although that's a perk, but I have to do my best no matter what, and no matter how many goofs I make, too. It's not what happens to me in life, it's what I do with what happens to me that counts. (Said on a good day.....)

Good Morning! How is everyone? I woke up this morning with some pressure on the band again. I tried to eat a bite of Cranberry/orange bread last night and it got stuck. I throw it up! Stupid Stupid Me! I just can't control myself. I stuck that piece of food in mouth and inhaled it. I don't think I chewed more than three times...and down the spout it went. Could some one knock some sense in me...Please!

CHALLENGE FOR NOVEMBER BANDSTERS!!!!!!!!

Everybody write one email here that says only everything you did right, small and big. Hesitating before taking that bite counts. Drinking Water counts. Telling yourself something encouraging counts. ONE COMPLETE EMAIL ABUT GOOD STUFF< NO MATTER HOW TINY.

We gotta get used to doing that anyway, and we're not naturally inclined to be positive about our eating, ladies. We've had too many failures...Let's teach ourselves to focus on good, at least some of the time.

Last night, we went out to dinner. I ordered grilled chicken salad without dressing and ate 1/3 of it, slowly. Even better, I took the r4est home and will make 2 more meals out of it, so it's good for my budget. This morning, I drank Water first think and then had some of the chicken salad for Breakfast. I started thinking about lunch already, so I'm going to consciously find something to do when I finish this email, so I'll stop obsessing about food.< /p>

Everybody write one email here that says only everything you did right, small and big. Hesitating before taking that bite counts. Drinking Water counts. Telling yourself something encouraging counts. ONE COMPLETE EMAIL ABUT GOOD STUFF< NO MATTER HOW TINY.

We gotta get used to doing that anyway, and we're not naturally inclined to be positive about our eating, ladies. We've had too many failures...Let's teach ourselves to focus on good, at least some of the time.

Not one of the "ladies", but I think this is a great thread.

I was a bit bummed when I had my fill and only lost 1 pound in 3 weeks (but was happy it wasn't gaining a pound!), but I weighed myself Tuesday and I was down 5 pounds in 8 days. I've been as much as 330, was at 316 on March 31 when I decided to start this Quest. My pre-surgery weight was 290 and I'm at 268 7 weeks post-surgery. 22 pounds down is greater than 3 pounds a week average which is FAR more than I ever did pre-band. And, a friend got me a Docker sport shirt for Christmas and I had to return it because it was too big!!!! (No more multiple X's!!!!!)

And I went out and cleaned the barn for 45 minutes this morning to get my aerobic exercise (and keep me out of the kitchen!). (And I got another puppy last week so now have 3 dogs, a 5 year old miniature Australian Shepherd that loves to play ball so I have to keep him entertained, a 6 month old Corgi that is a ball of energy and a 2 month old miniature Australian Shepherd that has a micro-bladder and needs to go out every 5 minutes so plenty of exercise for me!)

Tom

I say good stuff...LOL :)

Ok...Ok...so am down on myself 99.9% of time. :faint:

One good thing...hummm....let me think....hummm. This hard. Ok....Ok...there's got to be something....Ok...I use to drink a twelve pack or more of diet coke a day. Now I drink no more than 20 oz or none a day. There! :clap2:

I say good stuff...LOL :)

Ok...Ok...so am down on myself 99.9% of time. :faint:

One good thing...hummm....let me think....hummm. This hard. Ok....Ok...there's got to be something....Ok...I use to drink a twelve pack or more of diet coke a day. Now I drink no more than 20 oz or none a day. There! :clap2:

That IS an accomplishment as I too was a 12-pack a day person and am basically caffiene and carbonation free now. Trust me, if you can do that, you can do anything! Success is built on one small accomplishment at a time. We didn't become overweight overnight nor did we learn all of our eating habits that led to the weight problem overnight. Don't expect to unlearn those behaviors overnight either.

For me, the point of this is to recognize what we are doing right. None of us, I'm sure, are 100% "good". We can either bask in the glory of those things we are doing right or waller in the misery of our mistakes. Just like with a child, if we continually tell ourselves we're failures, we will be. If we continually tell ourselves we're doing great, we will! (And no, I wasn't a cheerleader in a former life. Those short skirts and my hairy legs just didn't go together. :heh: )

Tom

Not one of the "ladies", but I think this is a great thread.

I was a bit bummed when I had my fill and only lost 1 pound in 3 weeks (but was happy it wasn't gaining a pound!), but I weighed myself Tuesday and I was down 5 pounds in 8 days. I've been as much as 330, was at 316 on March 31 when I decided to start this Quest. My pre-surgery weight was 290 and I'm at 268 7 weeks post-surgery. 22 pounds down is greater than 3 pounds a week average which is FAR more than I ever did pre-band. And, a friend got me a Docker sport shirt for Christmas and I had to return it because it was too big!!!! (No more multiple X's!!!!!)

And I went out and cleaned the barn for 45 minutes this morning to get my aerobic exercise (and keep me out of the kitchen!). (And I got another puppy last week so now have 3 dogs, a 5 year old miniature Australian Shepherd that loves to play ball so I have to keep him entertained, a 6 month old Corgi that is a ball of energy and a 2 month old miniature Australian Shepherd that has a micro-bladder and needs to go out every 5 minutes so plenty of exercise for me!)

Tom

Tom,

You are doing great on your weight loss. You might have had a plateau or two, but all in all you are doing awesome.

Do you have any pics of your pups? I love animals.

Ok good things.....well since my last episode I have been on liquids...eating very slowly trying to drink before I eat (my Soup :) and I weighed my self yesterday morning and was 246!!! I made it under 250. I haven't been under 250 since I gave birth to my daughter 7 years ago.

How's that for good :)