Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

For those with a sweet tooth that need a fix, I made Peanut Butter Cookies yesterday. They were quite simple and, in moderation, perfectly legal once you're off the liquid phase of the post-surgery diet.

Take 1 cup of peanut butter (I'd use smooth until you're off mushies), 1 cup of Splenda and 1 egg. Mix well and drop by spoonfuls (if you make 16 cookies, each cookie will be equal to 1 tablespoon of peanut butter) on to a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray, flatten in a criss-cross pattern with a fork dipped in Splenda and bake for 8-10 mintues at 350. (They taste better cool than they do hot.)

Peanut butter is high in Protein so as long as you use moderately (it's also high in fat), it should be fine. Each cookie would have about 4 grams of protein from the peanut butter and a bit less than .5 gram from the egg. It's about 100 calories so not a low calorie food but would make a nice between meal high-protein snack with 4 ounces of skim milk. The toughest part is limiting to one cookie per day! (I did cheat and had 2.5 yesterday. I tried one warm. When I was putting them away, one broke so I HAD to heat the half that didn't go in the baggie. I then had one as my mid-afternoon snack.) Not as good as a big "real" cookie but certainly scratched an itch for something sweet.

Tom

Thanks for sharing, Im gonna try this. The one cookie thing might be a challenge for sure!

Hello everyone, I was in such high spirits last week but unfortunately they have dimishined....I am struggling so bad on this liquid diet, I am starving....And I cannot possibly drink anything else....And I gained 2 lbs, how does that happen....I just dont understand I know you go up and down and you dont lose everyday but this has been for almost a week now up and down these 2 lbs, how??????????? I am so upset and so frustrated I cannot even tell you, sorry I just had to vent.....

Firstly, I can't figure out how to reply or post without quoting... Help! Secondly, perhaps you are getting your period? The body retains Water. I did the liquid diet 2 weeks pre-op and gained 5 lbs! I just had to have the faith that it will work out. Hang in there and don't obsess over the scale (talking to an obsesser!) Suddenly you might lose 4 lbs.

I will say this....whoever on this site talked about Muscle Milk Light....sure helped me! It's the only Protein Shake I find to be REALLY filling! and creamy and chocolatey..... But I can only find the Light on ebay....

Believe it or not I LOVE the target branded shakes. They are made by slimfast but I don't like a lot of the slimfasts. They are so creamy and not grainy at all!

Not sure I have an exact weight to reach, I want to loose enough to maybe get off or reduce the diabetic drugs and blood pressue drugs.

A guess would be about 100 lbs.

I too am diabetic. I last took my meds 2 nights before surgery. Now, mind you my sugars are still higher then normal but my doc only wants me to correct if over 200. I am usually between 120 & 160. Eating so little carbs is what is key for me. I figure my sugars are better now then when I was on all that insulin and pills so we'll wait and see. I hope you are testing regularly.

Here it is, a poop question. Haven't seen one of these yet. Here's the situation. I did a bowel prep on Tuesday the 28th. Since then no poop! Is it because Im not eating solids? Any of you have this problem?

Marni... I have had the problem.. Have gone 2 times since surgury... I am now a once a week pooper.. lol I think it is because our bodies are really living on the reserves, and there isn't much waste.

Chrissie.. what tat did you get? I have been thinking about one to symbolize my transformation, and can't come up with much more than a butterfly or phynix... you know the mythical bird that rose from the ashes..

Let me know I am interested!

Peace

Misty

By the way.. since I have gone on mushies... YESTERDAY.. I have had 2 bad epesodes with eating.. I tried a burger patty yesterday... umm dumb! And a small slice of bread with today soup... All i can say, once and addict, always an addict!!!

I am sticking to liquids. Dr. Pucci said they wat to fill at 6-7 weeks so the band scars in place. I hope this retching hasn't ruin anything.

Soup is my friend.. Soup is my friend!

Marni, I wondered the same thing right after surgery. I didn't have one for about 4 days, then it was hardly anything. I was worried too, so I went out and bought some Milk of Magnesia, thinking it just didnt want to come out (sorry to be so graphic). Nope- nothing. Then after a few days of "mushies" everything started to work just fine.

To post w/o quoting: uncheck the box that says "Quote message in reply".

Jill

It's been awhile since I have posted anything. I am doing well since my surgery 11/2. I've still only lost about 20 pounds. I am eating stupid stuff too. I ate two soft shelled homemade tacos a couple of nights ago...NO PROBLEM GETTING THEM DOWN. I couldn't figure that out. I expected to be full after one, but I kept going. I guess without the band...I might have ate three or more. I mean...right now I am eating baked lays...no big deal. no self control. I don't go to the doctors until 12/13 and then he will hopefully do my first fill before I gain any weight. I still have some pinching here and there in my stomach, but I am not sure what I am feeling. I haven't really thrown up, so I guess I'm not eating too much. RRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....I want to lose!

Has anyone tried salad yet? I am 4 days into my "solid" food and am craving a salad. :hungry: Has anyone tried a salad, and if so how did it go? I have been eating protien & steamed veggies, but just want some fresh lettuce.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jill

Chrissie---You should post pictures of your tattoos! I am so interested in tattoos and would love one of my own, but I havent had the courage yet. Even though I have gone through so much with this WLS, ironic, huh?

Okay, y'all asked for it, so here it is. This one actually symbolizes me and my parents. I am the purple rose in the middle. My mother is the hummingbird who nourished me and the eagle is my father who watched over and protected the family. I am also going to attach a copy of the one my fiance got which is a memorial tattoo for his mother. It is a celtic cross with roses and says mom on the banner. Hope you enjoy. I also have some other tattoos, maybe will post those later. :eek:

post-205908-13813134395517_thumb.jpg

post-205908-13813134395832_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

Well, today is my 4 week anniversary, and the first week I haven't lost anything. I am still at an 18 pound loss. AND I CAN EAT ANYTHING, INCLUDING SALAD!! I am trying so hard not to freak out, since now that I know this, I am being tempted by everything and starting to give in, too. :phanvan So, JDru and Jill, I hear you!! Jill, the salad went down fine, but so did the tacos and chips and salsa.... I need to stay away from Mexican food!! I am leaving for a week's vacation next week, and I don't get my first fill until January. WAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! :faint:

Karen

OMG. L8BloomR, I can totally relate. I had my surgery Nov. 3, and I'm only down 17 pounds. Now granted, I can eat anything, and I have cheated a bit but overall I've been pretty good. I did have my first fill last week, and I feel tighter, so I think that is going to help.

I just wanted to let you know that I understand and hear you ! And I told everybody about this surgery, so I feel like I'm under a microscope.

Sigh.

OMG. L8BloomR, I can totally relate. I had my surgery Nov. 3, and I'm only down 17 pounds. Now granted, I can eat anything, and I have cheated a bit but overall I've been pretty good. I did have my first fill last week, and I feel tighter, so I think that is going to help.

I just wanted to let you know that I understand and hear you ! And I told everybody about this surgery, so I feel like I'm under a microscope.

Sigh.

Thanks, Fitzgerald, I needed that!! And I understand the "microscope" thing.... it is hard to constantly have people ask you every day how much you have lost, and to know that they are watching what you eat. AACCCKKK! Do you have any problems now that you have a fill?? How much did you get? Is it slowing you down at all?? I feel like I don't have a band at all, yet I am afraid that getting it tight enough to affect my eating will also make it start giving me real problems, like blockage and PBs... What do you think now that you have a fill??

Thanks, Karen

I have been fine with lettuce so far. I had a fill on Monday and I feel some restiction. I can still eat about a cup or so at a time, but I feel full for longer periods. Everyone is doing awesome! Don't worry about stalling a few weeks out. I was stuck for 2 weeks and now with my fill I've already lost 3 pounds. Keep up the good work!