Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 Months = 100 Pounds Lost! God Is Good!

It is almost four months to the day that I had my surgery. I weighed 397. Today I weigh 297. After 20 years over 300 pounds, I am finally in the 200's, I am so, so thankful that I jumped through all the hoops (and there were so many), had the surgery, and am where I am today. At times I didn't think I would make it. I got denied over and over again by my insurance company. Give us 3 more months of attempted weight loss. Give us 3 more months. Try again. And again. And I did - and I kept at it - and FINALLY I got the ok.

I am so grateful to my regular doctor who kept encouraging me and writing letters to the insurance company for me. I'm also thankful that I found a really good surgeon - someone I trust.

A week from today I will walk a 5K in Chicago for Diabetes. I have personally raised $1000.00. My story has inspired my friends. My weight loss has touched the hearts of people who saw me struggle for energy, breath and movement at 397. How cool is that!!!! And me, walking 3.2 miles! Are you KIDDING!!!! I could barely walk from my driveway to my front door. I now park as far away as possible, Seriously?

My goal is 200 pounds - so I have a long, long road ahead of me. I need you guys to walk this journey with me. I read your posts daily and they inspire me - and kick my butt at times. This is not an easy journey. Losing weight has not miraculously healed all the pieces of my life. What it has done - what the surgery did - was give me hope that I have a future and I can actually show up for it. I was dying - and now I have a fighting chance for another 20 years of life. So humbling. So amazing.

For those of you with 100+ pounds left to reach your goal – I am here to cheer you on! We can do this together. Don’t go it alone!!! I am praying for you – and I could certainly use your prayers. Learning to care for ourselves is a new muscle we must exercise. Let’s do it together!!!

God bless you - my sleeve friends! Big hug from Chicago!!!!

Wow! Congrats on your loss so far! I have lost 35 in my first month (just hit my 4 weeks Friday) and still have about 180 to go. It is a long journey ahead but it is so worth it. I love reading about people who have a similar amount as me that they want to loose, because it makes me feel like I am not out there alone! Keep up the great work, 100 pounds in 4 months is amazing! I hope to follow in your footsteps :)

Congrats!

Awesome job!!! WOW!!! I'm still waiting to reach 100 pound lose and I'm almost 10 months out... I'm very proud of you!!!

Hey, Chicago, that is absolutely super!

Checked out your photos and you are looking great! You go girl!

Congrats!

Mind if I ask who your insurance company was/is?

can we get an idea of what your daily diet and exercise is? I am just over 3 months out and have only lost about 40 lbs....so whatever you are doing is what I need to copy. I will follow it to the letter, just show me the light!

All the time!

Congrats and keep going!You are doing fabulous!

This is not an easy journey. Losing weight has not miraculously healed all the pieces of my life. What it has done - what the surgery did - was give me hope that I have a future and I can actually show up for it. I was dying - and now I have a fighting chance for another 20 years of life. So humbling. So amazing.

Beautiful!!!

I know I'm not your pappy but I am proud of you just like I am.

Mind if I ask who your insurance company was/is?

I have Blue Cross Blue Shield. Thank God they dropped the pre-op requirements earlier this year - or they may have never approved me!!!!!! It took me two years to get approved - but I hear that is not normal. My doctor was so frustrated - he sent them a few letters for me. I don't know why they all of a sudden dropped the requirement - but they did and I thank God they approved me. As screwed up as our insurance system is in the US, I am so thankful for BCBS and that I was able to have the surgery. They have been wonderful since the approval was done - no issues at all.

Great job!! You deserve to be proud!!!

can we get an idea of what your daily diet and exercise is? I am just over 3 months out and have only lost about 40 lbs....so whatever you are doing is what I need to copy. I will follow it to the letter, just show me the light!

Hi Kellie -

Breakfast: 1 20 gram Protein bar, or Protein shake, or one scramble egg with cheese, or lite oatmeal

Lunch: 1 grilled chicken breast, or salad with cottage cheese, or turkey sub w/cheese (I eat almost no bread), or Lean Cuisine (or similar).

Dinner: Chili with cheese, or McD's SW chicken salad w/ranch, or Lean Cuisine (or similar), or chicken nachos, or cheese burger w/salad (no bun)... I eat pretty much anything I want - but about 1/4 of what I used to. I always cut my meal in 1/3 at a restaurant and immediately put the 2/3 in a box and enjoy the 1/3 on my plate. It was funny - one night I went to Olive Garden and really wanted lasagna. I ate like 3 bites and was full - but the rest of it lasted for a week! (smile)

Snacks: Vic's lite popcorn, or caramel rice cakes, or apple/banana with Peanut Butter, or strawberries with lite whip cream (my fav), or an ice cream cone from McD's/Burger King

I get 60+ grams of protean a day - most days. I eat just about anything I want - but there are many, many things I don't want any more. Chicken is very, very hard for me. Not sure why. Hamburger is no problem at all. Chili is packed with Protein so I am eating that a few times a week now. Thank God I can eat salad - some can't. I eat the chicken first - then the lettuce. I did have a single size pizza one night for dinner. Was able to eat half. That was like heaven.

Exercise: I walk moderately - nothing major, though I am increasingly able to walk and move more and more. I walk about 1 mile 2x a week. I have walked 2 miles once - and will walk 3.2 next weekend. I am buying a pedometer and will shoot for movement and steps vs. long, long walks. I am also starting to dance! I used to dance all the time - so next Sat I'm going to a BBW dance and plan to move all night! I am also going line dancing in a few weeks and plan to take lessons.

I hope that helps. Try not to compare yourself with my loss cuz your body is different than mine. I have a long, long way to go, so my weight loss is still fairly fast. I anticipate the next 100 will go much more slowly.

Please feel free to friend me and shoot me a private message any time. I’d be happy to encourage you and cheer you on any way I can. You can do it!!!!!

Amy

It is almost four months to the day that I had my surgery. I weighed 397. Today I weigh 297. After 20 years over 300 pounds' date=' I am finally in the 200's, I am so, so thankful that I jumped through all the hoops (and there were so many), had the surgery, and am where I am today. At times I didn't think I would make it. I got denied over and over again by my insurance company. Give us 3 more months of attempted weight loss. Give us 3 more months. Try again. And again. And I did - and I kept at it - and FINALLY I got the ok.

I am so grateful to my regular doctor who kept encouraging me and writing letters to the insurance company for me. I'm also thankful that I found a really good surgeon - someone I trust.

A week from today I will walk a 5K in Chicago for Diabetes. I have personally raised 1000.00. My story has inspired my friends. My weight loss has touched the hearts of people who saw me struggle for energy, breath and movement at 397. How cool is that!!!! And me, walking 3.2 miles! Are you KIDDING!!!! I could barely walk from my driveway to my front door. I now park as far away as possible, Seriously?

My goal is 200 pounds - so I have a long, long road ahead of me. I need you guys to walk this journey with me. I read your posts daily and they inspire me - and kick my butt at times. This is not an easy journey. Losing weight has not miraculously healed all the pieces of my life. What it has done - what the surgery did - was give me hope that I have a future and I can actually show up for it. I was dying - and now I have a fighting chance for another 20 years of life. So humbling. So amazing.

For those of you with 100+ pounds left to reach your goal – I am here to cheer you on! We can do this together. Don’t go it alone!!! I am praying for you – and I could certainly use your prayers. Learning to care for ourselves is a new muscle we must exercise. Let’s do it together!!!

God bless you - my sleeve friends! Big hug from Chicago!!!![/quote']

im happy for u me my self was 388 when I start it im only 2 weeks out in down to 353 I really thanks that good my gold weight is 200 too I just hope that I can keep this off for good but keep up good work I can't wait tell I lose 100 my self yes yes yes