Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shirataki Noodles

I just bought some when I went grocery shopping. I now shop at krogers they have so many options for people on diets with an entire natural food section!! But I need recipes for the noodles so I won't mess them up lol

What type did you get? I prefer the fettuchini style. I use the recipe on the bag. Make sure you rinse really well and dry them completely. If you don't dry all the way the sauce doesn't stick. And don't overcook them or they get chewy.

One more tip, only eat a few bites and then wait about an hour. You want to make sure your tummy can digest them. I love them but to some people they cause gas and have a hard time digesting.

Good luck! Let us know what you did with them.

I tried them with shrimp and I couldn't get over the rubbery taste. I brought mine at Safeway for 2 bucks. If you like calamari than you will like these noodles. Mine didn't have a smell but they did have a grayish tint to them. You have to rinse them off really well.

Did you cook them for a really short time? I think over 3 min in micro and they do get rubberlike.

Did you cook them for a really short time? I think over 3 min in micro and they do get rubberlike.

I read you boil them 2-3 minutes..not microwave them...

I think theres an option on the bag for microwaving them also. I do remember I cooked them too long one time and they were awful. Chewy.

Has anyone tried them yet post surgery? .

I think theres an option on the bag for microwaving them also. I do remember I cooked them too long one time and they were awful. Chewy.

Has anyone tried them yet post surgery? .

I won't have availability to them until November 9th unless I decide to take a road trip to Memphis or Nashville. But I can chime in after that!!!

I have not tried these yet but I did make noodles made of mung Beans yesterday, and they were awesome! 20 g of Protein per serving too. And definitely tasted and felt very similar to Pasta.< /p>

I have not tried these yet but I did make noodles made of mung Beans yesterday' date=' and they were awesome! 20 g of Protein per serving too. And definitely tasted and felt very similar to Pasta.[/quote']

Awesome...where did you find them?

Hello all. I was wondering if anyone has tried these noodles. I would have to order them online and wondered if anyone is using these as a Pasta substitute. Is it worth it and how does it taste? I have notice more carbs creeping into the diet and I am getting a handle on this right now before I stall all together. Thanks for your input!

I like them they make a suitable Pasta substitute. I made a chicken spaghetti with the noodles, chicken, some low cal marinara sauce and a little bit of low cal parmesan cheese... I loved it!!

I personally liked the ones from Whole Foods that have a little TOFU in them...the others are a little slimy for my taste..This is what they look like. You can also get them other places. http://www.house-foods.com/tofu/tofu_shirataki.aspx

I personally liked the ones from Whole Foods that have a little TOFU in them...the others are a little slimy for my taste..This is what they look like. You can also get them other places. http://www.house-foods.com/tofu/tofu_shirataki.aspx

These are the ones I use and thought we were discussing. Is there another type? Thanks!

Sorry I didn't realize you were talking about that brand. Yes there are several others. I went to a Asian market and bought a couple of different brands of 100% shiritaki noodles and they were clear and sort of 'slimy' it was kind of like eating Gummy worms that were soaked in oil! I then discovered the House Brand and of the probably 7-8 brands I tried I liked those the best. I just rinsed them in a colander and then dropped them in boiling Water a minute or so and then they were ready. I ate them with the flavor packets from Kraft macaroni and cheese (they have elbow shaped shirikati noodles), Suddenly salad, and others.