Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Men: Telling "the Guys" About Your Surgery

And based on how you describe them I doubt they will ever even notice you are not eating the beer and wings. They will be clueless which is fine.

Ohh guys notice if your drinking your beer.

friend - u gonna drink that or baby it all night lol

Maybe bring it up and see what they say in general then go from there or tell them u have been thinking about it.

Maybe tell them each separately! Group settings aren't always the "easiest" ! Ur send a mass text saying hey guys come on out and enjoy my last " big boy" meal .... Then when they reply ????? Say well I big boy (girl lol) pants on and finally decided to put my future as my #1 priority... I'm Having surgery!

I'm one if those people that really didn't care if people knew I was having surgery!! At first I was but then I figured hey who gives a sh** I'm doin thus for me and me only! Don't care if people don't agree or become negative about it! They r gonna see how little I eat and realize something is up... So In my thinking screw it and be upfront!!!!

What ever u choose I wish u the best of luck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Lloyd, PdX, Butter, Longhorn, et al,

Appreciate the comments and advice. I'm glad most posters understood that yes, these are good friends, and good friends do bust each others balls -- constantly. And yes, they WILL notice I'm not drinking. Not sure though if I'm gonna mention surgery or just maintain that I've committed to a healthier lifestyle (no lie there).

That being said, I certainly will follow Justine's advice and prepare my comebacks and one-liners and plan on using them early and often.

P.S. Longhorn: Thanks for making me snort Protein shake out my nose. Hope to catch you at the next Jonas Brothers concert!

Just tell them you can't drink because you had to have "junk" reduction surgery because the women complained too much.

Just tell them you can't drink because you had to have "junk" reduction surgery because the women complained too much.

Lol another example of guys thinking alike I started to post the exact same thing for him to tell them. :)

I still think it's okay to lie and/or be selective about who you tell, what and when you tell them, at least initially.

You can always use the old "gallbladder surgery" excuse to get out of drinking and eating crappy for awhile while you recover. Most people don't know enough to question it, and if they do you can just say you also had an ulcer or something and the diet change is doctor's orders for awhile until your stomach and gallbladder heal up.

Thanks, but it's already well known in my community that I suffer from a severe case of phallumegly.

Sadly ladies, despite all the recent advancements in modern medicine, there is no known cure. ;)

Tell who you want, when you want, how you want.

And for my fellow ladies, please don't get offended or tell him he needs new friends. That's how some family and/or friends are to each other. Speaking as a woman raised solely by her father, I have surrounded myself with male and female friends alike that we bust chops like that all the time. Most people wonder if my sister and I even like each other. But it's all in good fun and neither of us take offense. Hell, my father had prostate cancer at 47 and we have been busting his b*lls ever since. Every pun intended. It's how we show love and affection.

We must have the same friends. The ones I told were all super supportive, busted my chops some, educated themselves on the surgery, learned my diet going forward etc. Now on Sunday's we watch the games and all eat low card high Protein food. The only shots they give me is that I can't drink beer.

... I have the biggest package of the group, so I let it slide. :)

Sent from my mobile productivity killer.

We must have the same friends. The ones I told were all super supportive' date=' busted my chops some, educated themselves on the surgery, learned my diet going forward etc. Now on Sunday's we watch the games and all eat low card high Protein food. The only shots they give me is that I can't drink beer.

... I have the biggest package of the group, so I let it slide. :)

Sent from my mobile productivity killer.[/quote']

Omfg! That's awesome!! I'd rather the unvarnished truth from my close people any day. And if ever some "friends" are less than the title, then I'm sure you know what to do with them. My sister is busting my chops but its just bustin'. Besides....I'm a firm believer that opinions are like buttholes...everyone's got one and they all stink.

Just tell them that you might have to blend your chicken wings, doritos, pizza and beer for some time! :)

Its tough to hide something like that because the weight will be coming off pretty fast. Me personally would try to keep it to myself but a confession might be inevitable. Either way they will know something is off and you are not saying something.

I say take a few jabs and 'vagina' references and it will all be forgatten before you know it. When they see you shrinking they will have a new respect for you.

Go Giants!

And yes, they WILL notice I'm not drinking.

Fun post...

First, lay some groundwork by switching from beer to a clear drink like vodka/water, gin/tonic, etc.

Second, don't tell them anything. If they ask about the vodka, blow it off to wanting to switch it up or some such nonsense.

Third, after surgery switching from vodka/gin-based drink to Water will go unnoticed.

Finally, when the weight starts melting off and they notice, tell them you ordered a tapeworm off the internet.

What can I say? I'm a problem solver!

Go Giants!

Ugh............Grrrrrrr!!!! :angry:

Finally, when the weight starts melting off and they notice, tell them you ordered a tapeworm off the internet.

What can I say? I'm a problem solver!

Nice! I just ordered 12 cases.... problem solved!!!! :lol:

One of the best threads ever!

True man love is getting your chops busted on a regular basis!