Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Men: Telling "the Guys" About Your Surgery

I didn't tell anyone except for close family and like 2 friends. If someone asked me point blank if I had surgery I wouldn't lie, but I don't offer it up and people who haven't seen me since my heaviest and are flabbergasted, they must just assume I dieted. I do like to have a little twisted fun with some types of people though, like those women who are total head cases and live to manipulate - I eat something in front of them and after 3 bites I'm like, ooh I'm stuffed I couldn't eat another bite! And they glare at me, because they are used to pulling that line for the attention. When they say it they are lying of course and I am telling the truth and it just makes me laugh.

Maybe you have been preparing for the worst and it wont come to that. In any case, I think you should do it fast, and not give them time to come up with smart ass comments... Like "Hey guys, Im having weightloss surgery. Keep negative comments to yourself and if you have any questions, Google it." Like waxing... One fast tug and its done. Best of luck!

Bwa Ha Ha, this is great. After all the crap (pretty much exactly like OneManWolfpack described) (and I HOPE he's developing a screenplay with this scene in it!). I said "So let me describe what they're gonna do..." in bloody & gory detail. By the time of "and then they pull most of the stomach outta the hole and throw it away" they were both quiet and green!

I literally have told hundreds of people via Facebook, at work, etc. Have only had two negative reactions, both from guys. One was unfortunately a good friend who went "full d*ckhead" on me. We've rarely talked since January, but, being guys, we're starting to get back in touch and will probably never mention his stupidity (at least while sober :) ). The other was from a really, really overweight guy who scoffed at what I did and said he believes in losing weight the "right way." Um, yeah, well, good luck, dude...whatever, um, works for you.

People ask now, and I tell them that I lost it from, "Diet, exercise and weight loss surgery." It's not a lie...my surgeon wasn't the one who dragged his ass on the elliptical for 40 minutes+ tonight! He just gave me a tool to use, and I'm using it. hehehehe "He said tool." :D