Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ABC ~ October Chat

Jessica,

It is so good to hear from you. I noticed that I am still losing inches even though I have not lost weight. One thing I can say about the weight slowing down is that it gives you a little break from the lapband diet until your next fill. It allows me to maintain my weight far more easier than before. Instead of liquids, mushies, forbidden foods, and eating very slowly, I can eat almost anything as before, but nowhere near the same amount and not quite as fast. I still can't do breads, rice or Pasta - it is just too bulky. There is still a restriction but not enough to lose weight or fight off major hunger. Keep up the good work and let me know when you are scheduled for your next fill.

I'm glad that I am in good company with several of our group. I had a fill on Sept. 11 and lost some weight since then. It's kind of interesting that now that my weight loss has stalled, more people are noticing that I have lost weight. It's strange. I am down almost 2 sizes, so even though I am still fighting to get to the 20 lb down mark, I have definitely seen a difference. Now, though, I am getting to the point where I can eat more than I should be able to and I can eat anything. That means it's time for a fill. The PA that did my first fill said that I would probably need 2-3 fills to get good restriction, so I am hoping this one will get me closer.

Overall, I am happy with the weight loss and even though it is slow, it is happening. I don't really want to drop weight like a bypass patient for many reasons. I do feel that I am going to be successful and keep it off.

Postive thinking!!!

Robin -- good luck with your knee surgery.

To all the ABC's -- thanks for sharing your experiences, good and challenging. It really helps to have the support from y'all.

Jessica

Hello, All!

I didn't realize there were so many people banded in August! It's great to read about everyone's progress and how they are coping with this new way of life.

I am afraid to set any weight goals for October since I didn't lose a pound in September. I lost 11 pounds really fast after surgery but have had a really hard time over the last few weeks. I'm glad to say I haven't gained any back but it is a little frustrating not losing any more. I have the world's slowest metabolism with a bum thyroid so I'm sure my losses will be slow.

But, things are looking up! I got my first fill of 1.5cc yesterday here in Little Rock by Dr. Luttrell. I've been on liquids so I really haven't been able to tell if I have any restriction or not. He was sorta vague as to how many days to stay on liquids but I will try and hold out as long as possible. It's hard to go back to Soup when you've been able to eat just about anything you want though.

Great thread!

PatU

Welcome PatU!! I'm sure you'll see some weight loss since your fill.

Okay guys, so everyone's different with the clothes thing, I get it. I just know that once I fit comfortably into a smaller size, I'm gonna be psyched!!! I have a pair of jeans that I'm dying to fit into.:lol:

Jessica,

One thing I can say about the weight slowing down is that it gives you a little break from the lapband diet until your next fill. It allows me to maintain my weight far more easier than before. Instead of liquids, mushies, forbidden foods, and eating very slowly, I can eat almost anything as before, but nowhere near the same amount and not quite as fast. I still can't do breads, rice or Pasta - it is just too bulky. There is still a restriction but not enough to lose weight or fight off major hunger. Keep up the good work and let me know when you are scheduled for your next fill.

Funny that you say this Robin, I am just now getting to the point where I am not restricted and am thinking about scheduling my first fill. I haven't lost weight in a while, however I am still losing inches. I have maintained every lost pound even on vacation and that is a HUGE accomplishment for me.

ha ha. I almost don't want to get a fill, because I still have head hunger that I can feed right now, just no where near what I used to feed it! Funny how my greatly reduced meals are now what my skinny friends have been eating all along. I must have looked like such a pig eating with them, LOL. They loved me anyway.

I need a fill now but I am mentally fighting it because I am not ready to go back on the "lapband" diet. :lol:

PatU,

Welcome, I think there are around 110 of us or so! I had no idea I would have so many people to share the same experiences with either! It has been a nice surprise!

Pat did you see this thread? http://lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=24026

You were already on the list when I checked it, however I added your updated fill information.

Patu, we were both banded on the 21st and had our first fill on 10-11. Your 100 lbs lighter. I was able to get 2.4cc in a 10cc band. On the first day of liquids, I went down to 300, almost got into the two hudreds! the next day went back up to 301. Started soft food today, no restriction as of yet. Hope I will be the 3-5 day out and feel something!

Diane

Hey, just curious, is anyone taking measures at this point to aviod the "stretchy skin" thing?? I just bought Dove's firming lotion and body wash with collegen, I'm just curious what everyone else is trying...

Hey, just curious, is anyone taking measures at this point to aviod the "stretchy skin" thing?? I just bought Dove's firming lotion and body wash with collegen, I'm just curious what everyone else is trying...

I had an article saved somewhere that drinking lots and lots of Water helps this too. I will see if I can find a link to it.

I think I will look for the Dove firming body wash too.

Everybody, come join me in a happy dance!!!

The scale finally moved, boy did it ever! I've made my 2nd mini-goal and I've already achieved my goal for October. :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Everybody, come join me in a happy dance!!!

The scale finally moved, boy did it ever! I've made my 2nd mini-goal and I've already acheived my goal for October. :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Congrats Kutia...good for you!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

YOU go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Kutia...good for you!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I haven't invested in any creams for sagging skin. I have however, invested in mederma which I've been using on the band scars and stretch marks. No change so far. But I guess it takes a few months. Who knows if it even works...if ANY of it works. But I still want to give it a try.

I haven't invested in any creams for sagging skin. I have however, invested in mederma which I've been using on the band scars and stretch marks. No change so far. But I guess it takes a few months. Who knows if it even works...if ANY of it works. But I still want to give it a try.

I've been using the mederma also, from day 7 lol and it seems to really help it heal, but not so much take the scar away.... but I use it anyway, things take time.

I am cheering right along with you on the weight loss!! I had a five lb loss yesterday and today I took back my wedding dress to David's Bridal because I told them I had lost 40 lbs and there's no way it was going to fit next year and they let me come in.... Originally I had a size 24 and it was a tight fit....today I fit comfortably into a size 20!!!!!! :clap2: I ended up having a conversation with the alterations lady and she wanted me to try on an 18, when I did it was about 2 in from zipping at the top but did zip 1/2 way and hook!!!!!!!! :clap2: So she had me take the 18, and let me know that it can be sized down to a 14 if necessary, so I'm going all out! I saw myself today in the 360 mirror in a dress that 6 months ago I could have only dreamed would fit and I wanted to cry. I could see so much change in that moment in my gown that I was amazed. I can't wait until my wedding day when I can stand there in my dress and know I look my best... we are truly blessed to have this opportunity and today I think I realized that to its full potential for the first time..... :D

I've been using the mederma also, from day 7 lol and it seems to really help it heal, but not so much take the scar away.... but I use it anyway, things take time.

I am cheering right along with you on the weight loss!! I had a five lb loss yesterday and today I took back my wedding dress to David's Bridal because I told them I had lost 40 lbs and there's no way it was going to fit next year and they let me come in.... Originally I had a size 24 and it was a tight fit....today I fit comfortably into a size 20!!!!!! :clap2: I ended up having a conversation with the alterations lady and she wanted me to try on an 18, when I did it was about 2 in from zipping at the top but did zip 1/2 way and hook!!!!!!!! :clap2: So she had me take the 18, and let me know that it can be sized down to a 14 if necessary, so I'm going all out! I saw myself today in the 360 mirror in a dress that 6 months ago I could have only dreamed would fit and I wanted to cry. I could see so much change in that moment in my gown that I was amazed. I can't wait until my wedding day when I can stand there in my dress and know I look my best... we are truly blessed to have this opportunity and today I think I realized that to its full potential for the first time..... :D

Jamie,

You rock girl!!:cheer2: :cheer2: :whoo:

That's the best NSV I've heard yet!!

Thanks for putting a big grin on this old married lady's face :becky:

Jo Ann

Grats Jamie! What an awesome story. One of the best NSVs I have heard yet!

and grats Kutia on your scale victory!

My scale moved one pound today too for the first time in a month! Looks like it was a good day for lots of us!