Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ABC ~ October Chat

Pebbles, Be strong baby. You made it this far and your doing great. You have to know this is all gonna be ok. In a year your going to look back on all this and say it was all worth it, I look and feel wonderful. Maybe even sooner.

What my doctor told me is that the meniscus, which is the ring of cartliage around the knee, does not heal on its own because it has no blood supply. Once torn it can only be removed or cut away for the knee to be less sore. I found out that squats and stairsteppers are really hard on this area of the knee.

Rlittman, I have had exactly the same experience! I apparently have a torn meniscus, probably caused by my increased walking. I think I'm going to wait a couple of weeks to see if it heals on its own -- I am not up for more surgery, more pain, more time off work right at the moment. Darn it! And I've had to stop walking because of the knee. Does anyone have ideas on exercise I can do that doesn't hurt the knee?

I'm also not feeling any restriction, and I'm stuck on my weight loss. I didn't think it was going to be this difficult! I should get my second fill on October 18. Will that get me started again?

Ok so I had two PB's yesterday. Breakfast and dinner. I guess I'm a lot more restricted then I thought. ick!!!

I'm so sorry about what you're dealing with pebbles. Hang in there. We're all here for ya! Same for you Robin! *hug*

Hello Everyone! So sorry I've been gone for so long, but I have had so many wonderful things going on that I am anxious to share with all of you. I am a Registered Nurse and a few weeks after my band was placed, the doctor's office that my placed my band called me and asked me if I might be interested in coming to work for them!! So, now I am working at their office doing fills, consults, seminars etc. I am sooooo happy. I love being able to integrate something that is such an important part of my life (the band) with my work also. It is important to the doctors that their nurse be able to give their patients more than just factual info They want to give their patients actual first hand experience too! I can understand that totally. This job fits my personality so well because I am so happy with the band that I just can't say enough good things about it. Plus, I am losing weight in the process! I am such a lucky girl!!! Hope everyone is doing well also!

Kristina, that's so cool! What a great job for you. The nurse at my doc's office had had gbs so she knew what the patients were dealing with. I found that really helpful and I'm sure your patients feel the same way about you!

Kristina Congrats to you!!! I know when I had my band so many of the nurses that were their with me in pre op and post op had the LB done as well so it was nice because they knew what it was like. I'm sure all his patients love having you as their nurse.

Just heard back from the ortho and my MRI was normal. Yay in that I don't need surgery, boo in that it's still not better. ;) He said he thinks that it's most likely a subtle injury at the spot where the ligament and bone meet and should resolve on its own in a few weeks. Now hopefully I can get my fill scheduled for next week. :D

Hey ya'll,

I was upset that I did not reach my September goal of 10 pounds but was pleased with the 5 that I did lose! It has already been a stressful month for me but I have not gone back to my ways before the band. Before the band food was my comfort. Now I cry when I feel like it, I get mad if I feel like it and most important I just let out instead of hold in! Thanks to all of you because besides my DH and kids, you all are such a great support system. :clap2: I am going in for another fill on 10/18 and hope that will help me a little more. I can just "feel" the 100's coming ;)

Yipppeee!!! My fill is scheduled for next Tuesday at 7:30 a.m. :whoo: :whoo: Now I'm starting to get nervous though. ;) Guess I'll learn if I've been chewing well enough real quick!

Hey guys,

Pebbles...I am so sorry to hear about your infection. You are certainly in my prayers...hang in there!

I had my first fill today and what a piece of cake. I was so nervous when I got in there, but didn't feel a thing except for the shot for the numbing medication. I can already tell i have restriction. I haven't tried any food yet, which I am nervous about....not looking forward to my first inevidable PB. But hopefully, the weight will come off now. They put in 2cc for my first fill...we'll see how it goes.

Congrats to everyone!! Everyone is doing awesome. Even when we struggle, stand tall...we're all doing great!

What my doctor told me is that the meniscus, which is the ring of cartliage around the knee, does not heal on its own because it has no blood supply. Once torn it can only be removed or cut away for the knee to be less sore. I found out that squats and stairsteppers are really hard on this area of the knee.

Yeah, that's what I've been told and read, too. But two years ago, I had a torn meniscus diagnosed by MRI. I never went back to the doctor because by the time I got the results, the pain had stopped. So my plan this time is to give it a couple of weeks to see if it'll get any better. If not, I can always do the surgery.

Pebbles, my prayers are with you in your healing process.

Kristina, you go girl -- sounds like a really fun job.

Robin, Bug & GEMom, I hope your knee and ortho problems are resolved quickly.

I am a little over 2 months since surgery and 1 month from my first fill. I haven't yet decided when to get another one. I'm losing weight -- slowly, but surely, so I am planning to wait until I stall before I get another fill. I can eat most anything, just less of it. I'm still staying away from most startches, so I think that is helping.

I feel good and NSV's are starting -- clothes are not fitting, a few people are noticing, and I feel better!

Best to all.

Jessica

Bug, don't be nervous about your fill. It actually feels good to know what restriction feels like. And to finally start losing weight again.

Friday marked three weeks since my first fill and I have an appointment on the 16th because I'm still getting most of my protien from Isopure. If I try to eat anything with substance it either sticks and really hurts or I vomit violently. I can't keep doing that :) Little bites, chewing thoroughly, still a problem. Three weeks on mushies just seems to long. I PB'd the other day on vegetable Soup, and it doesn't get much mushier than that!

On the plus side, I have been losing weight :lol According to my scale, I'm down 30-ish pounds since surgery. I can't wait to see what his scale says when I go in. I need to know what the difference between my scale and his scale is...sick, I know :lol: