Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

Does anyone have a strange lump on one side? Mine is under one of my incisions. It's about then size of an egg, doesn't hurt but when I bear down, it's noticeable to the naked eye. Only on my left side. Going to call the surgeon tomorrow but am wondering if anyone else has this before I call. Keep up the good work y'all!

Does anyone have a strange lump on one side? Mine is under one of my incisions. It's about then size of an egg' date=' doesn't hurt but when I bear down, it's noticeable to the naked eye. Only on my left side. Going to call the surgeon tomorrow but am wondering if anyone else has this before I call. Keep up the good work y'all![/quote']

No.... Call your surgeon. It may just be scar tissue or a small hernia.

Tonight we took our kids ( daughter turned 9 today, son turns 20 next week) to the Melting Pot to Celebrate their birthdays and my husbands. Part way through the night my son commented to me that we would have never done this before my surgery because I didn't go to restaurants that only had booths. Very sad but true. Have 70 pounds to go, but what a difference in my life since losing 140 pounds.

Tonight we took our kids ( daughter turned 9 today' date=' son turns 20 next week) to the Melting Pot to Celebrate their birthdays and my husbands. Part way through the night my son commented to me that we would have never done this before my surgery because I didn't go to restaurants that only had booths. Very sad but true. Have 70 pounds to go, but what a difference in my life since losing 140 pounds.[/quote']

Thats awesome..

I notice that i complain the table is too far away now lol its weird sitting on the edge of the seat

Tonight we took our kids ( daughter turned 9 today' date=' son turns 20 next week) to the Melting Pot to Celebrate their birthdays and my husbands. Part way through the night my son commented to me that we would have never done this before my surgery because I didn't go to restaurants that only had booths. Very sad but true. Have 70 pounds to go, but what a difference in my life since losing 140 pounds.[/quote']

That is wonderful news!!!! 140 pounds is amazing!!!

So I am back from vacation and i didnt gain any weight!! I lost 3 lbs which put me at 199.1 this morning and its so cool to be in ONEDERLAND!!! I tend to fluctuate a pound or so throughout the week but i was happy this morning so if i see 200 i will deal since i know i am so close anyways no reason to get upset over it lol

I still have about 40 lbs to go till my personal goal but i think i would be happy at 175 so ill say 25 for a happy goal and 40 for ultimate goal. :wub:

Well hello everyone. I have been catching up on the posts and it looks as if everyone is doing great. As for me my word is frustrated!!! Nothing has changed since my last post. I upped my calories changed my work out routine and still nothing. I go between 158-160. I am about 25 away from goal. I have talk to nut and such and done what they have advised. Please chime in in anything that can help. How can I jump start my metabolism and is it possible to bottom out only after 8 months.

i am in the same boat. it took about a month to lose 2 lbs bounched between 223/220 not 219/221 its frustrating because ppl keep saying wow you are losing so much weight, and I think to myself what the heck because the scale is not showing at all.

Right new grand. I was told that by someone who I just saw about two months ago. Like I said my clothes are fitting better. A size 10 pants are looser but the scale says differently.

it sucks

Looking fabulous post op Setember sleevers! It's been awhile since I've been on here but I keep up with the post on my phone. The updates keep me encouraged and strong because I'm a slow loser with many stalls. But I can tell more and more in the inches.

Remember this...Be grateful for the stuff you go through --- it's all working together for YOUR good! My daily prayer!!

Hi Fellow September Sleevers!

It's been a while since I last posted. On the 17th, it will have been 8 months since my surgery. I commenced at 245lbs and am currently at 180lbs... which I am super thankful to God for!

HOWEVER, for the past several months, I must confess, that I have been eating everything my heart desires or more like I've been eating everything my "anxiety hunger monster" has wanted me to eat to relieve just that...my anxiety. (Chocolate, potato chips, bread, regular cheese, fruit by the foot (don't ask..lol) regular ice cream, rice, just to name a few)...

I have been taking Cymbalta for generalized anxiety disorder for almost a year now and I remember sharing with my surgeon and nutritionist that my anxiety was one of my main reasons that at my peak I weighed 245lbs.

NOW, don't get me wrong, for the past several months it almost feels like I've been living that impossible wish I used to wish back at 245lbs... "Why can't I just eat whatever I want and not gain a pound?"... Thus far, it's been pretty amazing, but I must admit that even though I am living in this most fortunate situation currently, I know eventually this will all bite me on the ass.

The reality of my day-to-day is that I obsess that everything is going to make me fat, that I'm gonna end up being 245lbs again and that I will always resent myself for being so close to my goal weight of 165lbs, for sacrificing so much pre-op and post-op for about 3 months... and now I'm just letting myself go!!!

I'm so incredibly sad and I only know how to make myself happy with the one thing I can control and that is what I eat; food, my drug to make me feel better when all else is out of my hands.

For reference, since February of this year, I have applied to 20 law schools of which I've been rejected by damn near all of and am waiting to hear from 4 still. I am currently working in a job place that I loathe, in addition I recently had to put a complain with the Dept. of Labor, Division of Human Rights for harassment and discrimination. I am currently looking for a new job; that in itself is a job. I got dumped by my boyfriend in January and have had a string of shitty encounters with a few men that were more like frogs. Lol ... and well, I guess the worst of all is that I realized that I don't truly completely love myself and perhaps my circumstances aren't as bad as I think but my shitty self-esteem doesn't allow me to look past all of it and be positive and optimistic. Basically my whole outlook is fucked up.

I digress though, I'm totally scared to gain weight at all even if it's one pound, I stress eat not so good things to compensate but then I end up hating myself even more. It's a vicious cycle.

Believe me when I say that I am so thankful for this tool (my new tummy)... I just really need to learn how to love it, love me and take care of both of us.

Btw, I used to go to the gym, but recently I was diagnosed with some type of vertigo and when I get agitated physically, I get super lightheaded and dizzy. =(

... (and no I'm not no where near being pregnant) lol

Most of you will probably not read this whole post, but if you did, thank you. I pray for us all.

Please share if you've dealt with similar situations like mines.

Thanks and Good Night.

Yes, it's a whole grapefruit....sliced. Should have edited that before I just copied and pasted.

And remember folks, muscle weighs more than fat and a pound of muscle is MUCH SMALLER than a pound of fat. So although the scale may not be budging, it's because you are losing fat and replacing it with muscle. But the muscle is smaller in volume than the fat and therefore your clothes are more loose and folks think you are "losing weight"....when technically you are losing fat. It's a good thing...except for the scale part.

You all are doing great!!

I am glad that I have a place such as this to go to. I see that I may not be tw only one. At this point I just need to see the scale move pass what is has been at do the last almost three months.