Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

ms drea, I also suffer from anxiety. about 5 years ago i lost 125 lbs in 9 months i was so happy and than my job omg, i ended up back on depression meds which helps you gain weight and that made me more depressed. since surgery I a have had about 3 attacks i take clozopam when needed or i drink (smh) food is my comfort also but but the new tummy only allow so much junk at a time so i just give up on eating it.

i feel the same way about the new tool, when i decided to have the surgery i said i just want to be normal like skinny people who eat what they want and dont gain, every now and then i will crave something and i will eat it but not much of it, but honey there are days at work where i eat out of control and i know what triggers it. bad bad carbs, one cookie leads to 5 by the end of my shift. but i get over it and start anew the next day. so you are not by yourself, i know there are some perfect people on here that never had this problem after surgery and kudos to them but there are some normal ppl here that feel what you are feeling.

vertigo is not permeant i had it also and there is an over the counter med you can take for that and it goes away. so get back to working out lady :)

as far as the boyfriend, he wasnt the man for you. I recently went through a change in my life, i answered god and i am moving foward with the gift he gave me so i had to give up pre marital sex and the guy i was messing around with. its a sacrafice but he sacraficed his son for me. its a day by day thing. i try hard not to listen to sexy r and b music lol gets me in the mood B) i pray and pray a lot. if you ever need someone to talk to inbox me and i will answer back i promise. god bless and be strong :wub:

momof thank you girl for that i needed to hear that, it makes so much since. you rock right now :wub:

forme girl i was thinking the same thing this morning i just want it to say 215. right now its 219/222 jeessshhhhhhhhhhhhh but i am working out hard everyday with turbo jam.

I haven't posted in a while, but am so thankful when I read here and know that I am not the only one that sometimes needs motivation. I'm right in that same boat as for-me-and-only-me and newgrandmother. I am bouncing between 159-160 am 8 months out and feel like I'm never going to get to 145. Some days my head messes with me and I feel I have eaten too much, so that is why I am one of those that has to log everything in MFP so that I can see, no you idiot you are right where you are supposed to be. I also feel some days like I'm just confused on what to eat. I used to know what I needed to eat, so I don't understand why I feel this way! I am truly grateful for losing 5 sizes and my journey so far, but I feel like I'm off track. My scale has not moved much in the last few months. Help!

happy first off you look amazing, i dont know what to eat sometimes myself. crazy right

it took me 2 months to lose 4lbs, wow

newgrandmother, thank you for the encouraging words, I guess maybe our bodies just need us to be patient and keep on keeping on! Every day is a new day with our sleeves and I know I am so thankful for all the changes in my life! I never guessed that the psychological part would be the hardest! I do know that I have adopted that this is my lifestyle now and I just eat normally. I make sure and pack healthy Protein Snacks and lunch, but I don't stress if I'm going out to eat, I just pick a healthy option on the menu and eat my portion of it. I think that by losing a little slower I know that my skin is doing pretty good, I'm lifting weights and doing squats, etc. as I'm going and other than deflated chest all the other skin seems to tighten.

So I am back from vacation and i didnt gain any weight!! I lost 3 lbs which put me at 199.1 this morning and its so cool to be in ONEDERLAND!!! I tend to fluctuate a pound or so throughout the week but i was happy this morning so if i see 200 i will deal since i know i am so close anyways no reason to get upset over it lol

I still have about 40 lbs to go till my personal goal but i think i would be happy at 175 so ill say 25 for a happy goal and 40 for ultimate goal. :wub:

Congrats!!!! I know you are so excited!!!'

Congrats!!!! I know you are so excited!!!'

Yes even more so that i must haven been retaining more Water because im 197.1 the past 2 days..yay

happy girl im losing slow and the arms are still flapping lol

MsDrea, I know exactly where you are coming from with the "I can eat what I want and still loose" it scares the hell out of me. I recently put on 3 pounds and it scared the crap out of me. I got rid of two of them but I want their friend to leave and take some more with. I'm also right with new grandmother in the cookie issue. I wish I never tried them again, because now I know I can eat them without issue and one unfortunately turns into 4-5. Then I regret it. One thing I tell folks fresh out of surgery is not to even try the bad stuff again. Better to think you still cant eat them then to know you can and have to stay away.

MsDrea' date=' I know exactly where you are coming from with the "I can eat what I want and still loose" it scares the hell out of me. I recently put on 3 pounds and it scared the crap out of me. I got rid of two of them but I want their friend to leave and take some more with. I'm also right with new grandmother in the cookie issue. I wish I never tried them again, because now I know I can eat them without issue and one unfortunately turns into 4-5. Then I regret it. One thing I tell folks fresh out of surgery is not to even try the bad stuff again. Better to think you still cant eat them then to know you can and have to stay away.[/quote']

I agree with you 100%

Don't go back to old habits just because you can eat them. This is a life time change and I for one will never go back to my old life style!!!!!

I haven't posted in a while' date=' but am so thankful when I read here and know that I am not the only one that sometimes needs motivation. I'm right in that same boat as for-me-and-only-me and newgrandmother. I am bouncing between 159-160 am 8 months out and feel like I'm never going to get to 145. Some days my head messes with me and I feel I have eaten too much, so that is why I am one of those that has to log everything in MFP so that I can see, no you idiot you are right where you are supposed to be. I also feel some days like I'm just confused on what to eat. I used to know what I needed to eat, so I don't understand why I feel this way! I am truly grateful for losing 5 sizes and my journey so far, but I feel like I'm off track. My scale has not moved much in the last few months. Help![/quote']

You have done a fantastic job!!!

I use MFP to log everything I eat. I know that's the key to staying strong. Please add me if you'd like. Greenfamily004

It's ok if the scale isn't moving. Just stick to the plan. I often find myself eating the same foods daily. It's ok for me because I know where to get my Protein.

1 lb from 60 lb loss. its moving again. i am claiming this number. sometimes the scale will trick me and be back up but i am claiming this. my size 14's are on my hips lets see what happens next week this time.

its official went to the dr today and i am 217 60lb lost. doing the happy dance

Yeah!!! Congrats;-)

Sent from my iPad using VST

thank you