Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

So i have been stuck at 196.5 for like a month and a half and i have been pretty much eating what i want etc. I think i am at the point where i wont lose anymore weight without actually dieting and exercising. Blah lol

As for the basics i was never told about how many times i had to chew my food or stop at 6 to 8 bites. I do follow the drinking during meals (although i do drink during snakes) and i don't always wait 30 min before and after. I can eat ALOTTTT more than i could initially which is fine with me and i know i wont stretch my stomach out but i need to start exercising...thats my problem. I honestly haven't at all..maybe a few times i just cant get into the swing of it.

I have lost 65lbs since surgery and 85 overall and i know i could easily be at goal or closer by now if i had been working out during all of this. I don't feel like a failure but i feel myself getting comfy with how i am now and i want to be closer to 170 and not hovering right under 200 lol

Hope everyone is enjoying the summer so far!

So i have been stuck at 196.5 for like a month and a half and i have been pretty much eating what i want etc. I think i am at the point where i wont lose anymore weight without actually dieting and exercising. Blah lol

As for the basics i was never told about how many times i had to chew my food or stop at 6 to 8 bites. I do follow the drinking during meals (although i do drink during snakes) and i don't always wait 30 min before and after. I can eat ALOTTTT more than i could initially which is fine with me and i know i wont stretch my stomach out but i need to start exercising...thats my problem. I honestly haven't at all..maybe a few times i just cant get into the swing of it.

I have lost 65lbs since surgery and 85 overall and i know i could easily be at goal or closer by now if i had been working out during all of this. I don't feel like a failure but i feel myself getting comfy with how i am now and i want to be closer to 170 and not hovering right under 200 lol

Hope everyone is enjoying the summer so far!

Hi Jenna,

You could've written this for me. I've also stalled since April and have crept down little by little since then. I have been bouncing a few pounds up and down (87 total lbs loss so far) and currently am at 152 (17 lbs from personal goal). By now I thought I would've reached personal goal but have not consistently exercised and definitely relied more on caffeine than the Water. My pants size has always been slow to lose and I'm currently in a size 12 pants when I was hoping size 9 by now.

The back to basics is a great reminder. I didn't know about the 6-8 bites either.

Still...I remind myself that its really amazing how much has been accomplished so far in 9 months and how I feel about myself now. Things like not avoiding the camera anymore, and knowing I can eat anything and be satisfied in small portions, and how my diet has improved amazingly in 9 months. How my children see a good example in changes such as diet and my going kayaking or registering for a 5K. I enjoy trying on clothes now (not necessarily buying since there isn't extra money for that) but just the idea that fashionable clothing fits and flatters.

Congratulations to everyone who has made their goal at this stage and I am very appreciative of the reminders and tips to succeed.

Ok so I haven't been doing good.. I haven't been motivated and I have been eating like crap. I woke up today and got on the scale.. Lets just say the days of me eating like crap did not go un noticed on the scale. I know there's no excuse for this and I did do 45 minutes of exercise after the scale shock. I also know I didn't come this far. To fall back into old habits.. My mother in law had the bypass and another friend of mine had the sleeve and my friend is down over 120 lbs and over a year out. My mother in law is down 100 and she had her surgery after me.. I'm down 90 and they are always on me like its a competition.. Or my mother in law will point out that she's down more than me to other people so lately I've let the stupid comments and their behavior get the best of me.. The thing that annoys me is my friend has no kids and all she does is work out at the gym and go to work.. My mother in laws kids are all grown and she just joined the gym.. Me? I have 2 toddlers and I work second shift getting home at midnight and I don't have 2 days off in a row.. I'm sorry to vent but I am just sick of the negativity from these two.. Instead of saying wow congrats you're down 90 lbs its more like oh well when you lose 100 we will celebrate..

@ SummerMarie.....Awesome job on weight loss. You should be proud of your success!!

At the doctor today for 9 month post op visit....am down 126 lbs & total of 173 since started my journey a year ago at seminar. Still have a ways to go to reach goal....about 60 more pounds. Have turned into a thrift store shopping fiend ! Going thru sizes has been very motivating.

Past six months have been crazy busy as we just finished building a new house in country and I was my own general contractor. Just got moved in last week, still lots of unpacking and organizing to do. When I look back over past year I can not believe how far I have come.

Will confess that I must have a really tiny sleeve cause still can only eat few bites at any meal. Have finally gotten to be able to finish an egg every morning for Breakfast.< /p>

Hugs girls!!! We are all doing good. Sure we slip up but we know what we have to do and we so it.

I too am horrible are exercising. I just never get interested in it. I so need to start doing something.

Well, I guess this is what we're here for..... To help each other and give support because when others don't get it..... We all do.

Thanks for being there friends.

summer you are not alone

i am so confused now. i work out at least 3-4 days a week and i do turbo jam which burns 1000 cal an hour i do 30-45 mins. now i dont know how many calories to eat i make sure i get my protien in and Water. but i have gone back to some of my old ways, eating sweets from time to time. so as of tomorrow i am going back to basics. soft foods

I am also having the same problem. I'm snacking very often...can't seem to stop myself. I've only lost 2 lbs since May.

This sucks, guess I'll have to reign it in!

I haven't been on in forever but I made goal today! 135.2 111 lbs gone and it was 10 mths yesterday I am not sure how I've been so blessed and had no stall but..... I do see over the last week some bad habit tying to sneak back in... We can do this!!! We've come so far! Hope everyone is doing great!

brandy what is your secret

Ladies, are you all still getting in at least one Protein Shake a day? I swear, that is what makes or breaks you. My surgeons office says we should have one a day forever! Protein, protein, protein. You have to make sure you get your protein in. I slip up more than I care to admit but I always get my protein in. Plus, the exercise is so important. And this coming from the president of the "I hate to exercise" club! I do 35 minute on the elliptical every other day (for the most part). I hate it but I make myself do it. I also try and track all my food on My Fitness Pal. My name is barisaxylady on there too if you want to add me. We can do this ladies! We had MAJOR surgery! Work the tool the good surgeon gave you!

barisa i am doing all of that. im so confused right now. i lowered my cals went back to soft foods to see what happens than go back up to higher cals. i am not workingout because my workout burns up to 1000 cals per hour and im diong way under that for the next few days. sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

barisa i am doing all of that. im so confused right now. i lowered my cals went back to soft foods to see what happens than go back up to higher cals. i am not workingout because my workout burns up to 1000 cals per hour and im diong way under that for the next few days. sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I think you need to eat more if you are doing all that exercise! It sounds like you may not be giving your body enough fuel to maintain that kind of workout and your body is in starvation mode. Do you use "My Fitness Pal"? When you log your exercise, you immediately get more calories to eat. It may sound strange but I really think you are not eating enough. You have to eat to loose weight. Have you spoken to your nut about it? Why don't you try the "MFP" for a week an eat more to compensate for the exercise. What do you have to loose "except the weight"! (sorry, couldn't resist) Let me know what happens. I am really curious to figure out what is going on.

Ladies' date=' are you all still getting in at least one Protein Shake a day? I swear, that is what makes or breaks you. My surgeons office says we should have one a day forever! Protein, protein, protein. You have to make sure you get your protein in. I slip up more than I care to admit but I always get my protein in. Plus, the exercise is so important. And this coming from the president of the "I hate to exercise" club! I do 35 minute on the elliptical every other day (for the most part). I hate it but I make myself do it. I also try and track all my food on My Fitness Pal. My name is barisaxylady on there too if you want to add me. We can do this ladies! We had MAJOR surgery! Work the tool the good surgeon gave you![/quote']

I will try and find you on MFP

I'm on there as Greenfamily004@yahoo

I do still use one scoop of Protein Powder every morning. I put it into coffee and love it!!