Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Dillemans at St. Jans in Brugge, Belgium?

hi i was banded by dr bruno dillemans on the 21st august 2006 my dad was done at the same time,my mum was banded by him as well in may 2006

Gosh a 'family affair' hugh? Did you get a family discount?;)

Did you take a 'package deal' from the UK/Ireland or did you just find him on your own?

I'm based in Holland - where are you based?

What were your experiences?

I can't wait to get banded!

Let me know your thoughts so far!:clap2:

hi again, we found dr dillemans on the internet, my mum has the opperation first and she fell in love with him as he is so nice,when me and my dad saw the results me decided to have it done too, we did not have a package deal my mum contacted a company in london that works on his behalf and arranged it through them . myself and my dad contacted dr dillemans direct and got it a lot cheaper. I have just been back to see him on monday to have my first fill and have lost 1stone in 6 weeks,i now hope to lose alot more my BMi was 33 when i started so i was quite small compared to a lot of people who have the lapband,and so my loss is slower my dad has lost 1 stone 9lb int he same time but his BMI was 37.hope this has helped ,any more questions just ask, january seems such a long way off i bet you just cant wait

Great! I found him on the internet too. The package deal based in the UK that arranges everything on Brugges with the doctor. It's surgery, all costs related too and flight from the Uk to Brugge, hotel etc for like 7000 or something. I'm just get the al la cart deal which is 5700 (everything - even insurance if something goes wrong).

WAS YOUR DEAL LOWER THAN THIS FIGURE???

I'm surprised you got the band at only 33- I must spread that information around! I'm at 37 which is not high as any many others - but heck I'M FAT! Hee hee!

You must be British - well I'm from the States. What is a 'stone'?

Anyway, how was your prep and procedure? Tell me what you went through?

Yes, January ... I'm just dying to peel off this fat suit. ;))

Hi Bella-

Also on this side of the pond. . .are you planning on going alone to Den Haag?

That is one of my biggest concerns that I don't really have the money or someone close enough to go overseas with me to such a surgery.

Also, how long are you over there before you can come back?

Thanks!!!

my price for just me was 3.900euro which is approx £2,800 this was just for the opperation and no insurance the reason i had the opperation was because for as long as i can remember i have always been on a diet ,i have tried all the diets and all the drugs paying a fortune for it.I stopped dieting and gained a stone in 5 weeks i knew that if i continued i would get bigger and bigger,i decided that if i waited till i had a BMI of above 40 i would just take longer to lose also you have all the loose skin so i took the plunge by the way 1 stone is 14 pound.

I went to st jans hospital on the 21st august at 7.30 am had a chat with Dr dillemans then has blood tests at about 11oclock me and my dad were shown to our room.12oclock my dad went down to theatre and i followed an hour later we next saw each other in recovery at about 3oclock i was taken back to my ward the pain on a scale 1to 10 was 7 so not so bad spent the rest of the day in bed .Got up the following morning at 6am for the toilet got dressed had some clear fluids at 10.30 went to see Dr dilleman for a check up them had clear Soup for lunch we were then allowed back to our hotel .on the following day we traveled home to england

Hi Bella-

Also on this side of the pond. . .are you planning on going alone to Den Haag?

That is one of my biggest concerns that I don't really have the money or someone close enough to go overseas with me to such a surgery.

Also, how long are you over there before you can come back?

Thanks!!!

Hi!

Sorry to confuse you but I'm an American living in Holland. I've been here over 7 years and don't plan on return to the States. :biggrin1:

Brugge is only 2 hours away so it's no problem to commute for my fills. The lapband is much cheaper over here than the States.

my price for just me was 3.900euro which is approx £2,800 this was just for the opperation and no insurance the reason i had the opperation was because for as long as i can remember i have always been on a diet ,i have tried all the diets and all the drugs paying a fortune for it.I stopped dieting and gained a stone in 5 weeks i knew that if i continued i would get bigger and bigger,i decided that if i waited till i had a BMI of above 40 i would just take longer to lose also you have all the loose skin so i took the plunge by the way 1 stone is 14 pound.

I went to st jans hospital on the 21st august at 7.30 am had a chat with Dr dillemans then has blood tests at about 11oclock me and my dad were shown to our room.12oclock my dad went down to theatre and i followed an hour later we next saw each other in recovery at about 3oclock i was taken back to my ward the pain on a scale 1to 10 was 7 so not so bad spent the rest of the day in bed .Got up the following morning at 6am for the toilet got dressed had some clear fluids at 10.30 went to see Dr dilleman for a check up them had clear Soup for lunch we were then allowed back to our hotel .on the following day we traveled home to england

The insurance is only 145 euro out of the 5700 I will pay.

That's a great price though! Frankly, I want the insurance as I'm afraid that if I have complications - it will surely leave me in the poor house as my regular insurance will not cover it.

Did Dr Dilleman over any insurance to you -or explain who would pay of you have complications?

Did you just give him a call and arrange that price with him directly?

About the 33 - I see your point. Insurance here will only pay for it if I'm at 40 but I'm afraid I can hardly stand my fat butt right now - so how would I feel if I gained even MORE weight! :angry

Noooo ... I may as well get it off now and like you said - avoid the baggy skin look as much as possble!

Thanks for the 'stone' conversion. ;)

A friend of mine had the DS and went from a size 24 to a size ... 4. She looks beautiful ... but the loose skin is a big issue. She will now have several surgeries just to get rid of all that - plus she had complications ... so in the end ..she's in and out of the hospital.

She's very happy with her results though.

I figure for me I just want to have a breast lift - because basically I need one now so losing weight will just make it worse.

That's all the PS I want really!

Thanks!