Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

Definitely - let's shoot for 15 lbs by Valentine's Day! And I agree with threebeauties on both fronts, 1) let's start right away and 2) we shouldn't feel like failures if we don't make the goal. It's something extra to keep us motivated!!

I am in on the -15 pounds by Valentines! I go in for my 2nd fill on Jan 5th - Even with almost 4cc in 4cc band I still don't feel like I have quite enough restriction. Today I had half of a hamburger with veggies on top, white bread bun and baked Beans -able to eat all just fine. I really am only feeling stuck in the morning. Any suggestions for this?

I haven't been very good about exercising lately so my goal is to get to the gym this week and get on a routine, and/or dust off the eliptical trainer in my dining room! Hope everyone had a great Christmas and avoided too many of those pesky treats... :)

I'm in everyone. With my 15 lb. goal, I am also going to include exercising at least 3 days per week for 45 minutes. This is one area that I am not doing to well in. The exercise helps keep me from nibbling especially when I am home on the weekends. I have a harder time with weekends as I have to much time around the house to graze. I found that out especially this past weekend with the holidays.

I am adding exercise 3 times a week to my goal as well. I have done NO exercise since being banded. I have to get off my butt. This goal is going to do it for me. I WILL EXERCISE!!!!!!

Do you think if I type it big enough, it will work. lol

I'm in on this one! I will do 15 lbs, by Valentines Day! So you guys hold me to it! LOL

I go in for my 1st fill on Jan 10th for 4 cc's in a 10cc's band. I was sick a month after surgery so they wouldn't fill my band. So I am alittle behind you guys. :) 33 lbs

I really love this site and the support, I sure need it.

OK EVERYBODY LET'S DO THIS!!!!

Mary

:clap2: Time to fess up! Who lost the 10lbs?? I only made it to 6lbs; but I'll take it:)

Turner24

377/384/ 378 Christmas Day:phanvan Oh well. 6lbs gone is still weight gone!!! :clap2:

I'm in on this one! I will do 15 lbs, by Valentines Day! So you guys hold me to it! LOL

I go in for my 1st fill on Jan 10th for 4 cc's in a 10cc's band. I was sick a month after surgery so they wouldn't fill my band. So I am alittle behind you guys. :) 33 lbs

I really love this site and the support, I sure need it.

OK EVERYBODY LET'S DO THIS!!!!

Mary

Mary,

33 pounds gone is good!!! ESPECIALLY without a fill. You need to be proud of yourself.

Hey Jules of T.W.U. If you type it big enough it WILL WORK! AS LONG AS YOU WANT IT TO! I've been exercising now since 3 weeks post surgery. I bought a treadmill and when I first started, I could only do 5 minutes for a total of approx 1/3 mile. Now I am up to 20 minutes daily and darned close to 1 mile.

At first it was tough and I'm sure it will be for you also. Just stick with it! I now look forward to my treadmill time and when it is over with I feel so good...almost like a "high" feeling.

I also need to exercise more! I go to the gym every once and awhile, but I need to go more often. I got a yoga and pilates DVD for Christmas too so now I have no excuse!! Maybe in addition to our Valentine's challenge we could try to do 12 exercise sessions in January (3 times/week).

Oh and I didn't quite make the Christmas challenge....I lost 7.5 pounds. I will definitely try my hardest to make the next challenge.

Thanks Jimboss,

I only have an exercise bike right now. My treadmill is at my dad's house for a while. My stepmother had a quad bipass in November and needs it to walk. So I will make it work with my bike. I WILL RIDE IT TODAY!!!!!!!! I said it, now I have to do it. I can't lie to you guys, right?!

Thanks for the support. I love this website!!!!!

Wow!!!!, this is great! Everyone is motivated to do this challenge. Even excercise is going to play a roll. I can't do a bike, or treadmill because of my knee., but,,, I do have some weights, and I think it's time for me to

start toneing up. 3 times a week sounds good to me.

As far as makeing the Christmas challange,, I'm not sure if I did... I don't get weighed untill my next visit 01/24/07. Last time weighed was 12/14/06. So I am kinda stuck in the middle. I did get a scale for christmas "need to wright that one in the books!" so I need to compare it to were I get weighed in at, and see if it's off by a few pounds. "i'm sure it is." But the good news is I went down a size, so something came off right?

I am still waiteing for my first fill. Banded 10/31/06. Shirley....

Turner I made it to 9.5 lbs. Close, but no cigar! I want to try and lose 20lbs by my Birthday, which is February 21st, so I am bound and determined to make the Valentine's Day Challenge!

It seems the goal I had set for myself is the same as the next challenge. I didn't get in on the Xmas one, so I'm joining this one. I haven't exercised a bit, so that is also part of my goal. There is a 5K the first weekend in of February that I want to walk/run. I did it 2 years ago and it was super fun!

Maybe if I add exercise to the mix, I will start having some of the amazing results all of you are a having!

hope you all had a happy holiday and that we have a Successfull NEW YEAR!!!! i haven't really had time to check in or anything i don't think that i made the 10lb by christmas but i got tolike 9.? something i'm in for the new challange. hope eveyone is good. :bananapartyhat: Eile