Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

Shelly,

i think we are in the same boat. we are both losing quite a bit and are not really restricted too much. my appetite is quite large and i have to stop myself from eating (i had 3 pieces - not bites, pieces - of pizza last night)

if it werent for me working out, i know i would be gaining. i just scheduled my fill for next week. i am afraid they will not give me one. i just had one 20 december and have lost 9 1/2 pounds since then but i am STARVING (or at least it feels like i am)... i got banded so i wouldnt have to be so hungry.

Hey to all my October friends. I go tomorrow for another fill if they will even give me one. Although I have been losing at a great rate, I really have never felt fully restricted, except for the first few days after both fills. I have been winging it for the most part for fear of gaining. I know that I can certainly eat more than I do, but I am so afraid of gaining and of doing harm to my band. Lately, I have had to work quite a bit harder to push myself away from the table and notice that I want to snack a little more. Of course, I guess this is where I am finding that the band is a TOOL! I am learning to make wiser food choices and that exercise will offset any little extras I may put in my mouth. It's all part of the process and I know that it is going to take hard work. Contrary to what those who don't agree with weight loss surgery believe. But, this is one journey I would not change for a moment. I appreciate everyone's input on this Thread and I feel we have all been such a support to each other. Congrats to all of us for just continuing to be apart of this group and for sharing our struggles. We are have so much in common and it is great to have this support. Wish me luck tomorrow. I really need this fill and hopefully it will be the SWEET SPOT!!

Losingjusme,

Let them know when you go in for the fill that you are starving. I was told that it was time to come back for a fill when I wasn't losing or was hungry all the time.

You are doing so good. Keep it up!!!

Jules and Shellybeans

I just wanted to let you know that you are both doing so great!! You say you don't have much restriction. I need to tell you that you truly inspiring me and your timing is perfect!

When I went for my 2nd fill it was discovered that most of my first fill was "gone". For the 2nd he put 1.5 in my band. I still don't feel much restriction so I go tomorrow for a barium swallow to make sure nothing is wrong.

Anyway..........since reading your posts I am not so worried about slippage or something else being wrong. I now think that I have to slow down, chew better, and make better choices. I think mainly I need to redefine what "full" feels like. I guess I have been overstuffing my stomach for so many years that full doesn't feel like it did pre-band. I hope I am making sense because I feel like I'm rambling.

I will let yoiu all know how it goes tomorrow. I have been juggling the same 5-6 lbs for over a month now, very frustrating!

Jules and Shellybeans

Anyway..........since reading your posts I am not so worried about slippage or something else being wrong. I now think that I have to slow down, chew better, and make better choices. I think mainly I need to redefine what "full" feels like. I guess I have been overstuffing my stomach for so many years that full doesn't feel like it did pre-band. I hope I am making sense because I feel like I'm rambling.

Threebeauties,

It makes complete sense. "Full" does feel different than it did before. Good luck tomorrow.

I went to the Dr. today for this virus, and I got weighed. 7lbs down, and 8 to go for Valentines Day. Also not to far from being under 200Lbs.. All in time..

weight.png

356/209/135

Banded 10/31/06

JDru, you are too funny about not having a core....i have one, it's just rotten.....lol... Keep up the good work. I got an excercise ball, it's fun, i roll around on it trying not to break any furniture in my way....the kids love their new toy...hehehe

Lynette, that is fantastic. ÖNLY 30 lbs. That is 3 lbs a week. Most doctors only expect 1 to 2 lbs per week. You are doing great! Keep up the good work.

weight.png

Shirley

356/209/135

Surgery 10/31/06 weight 231

Surgeon Dr. Jeffrey Genaw "Genious at work!"

Henry Ford Hospital

Detroit, Michigan ticker test! I am still haveing problems with my ticker.

When I shut my computer down all my info is gone. How do I solve this problem??? Any one???:)

p.s. who got there first? the turttle or the hair? consistency is the key.

"hope I spelled that wright."

Hi Friends

This a.m I went for the barium swallow, good news!!! All is just fine, no leak, no slip. The dr. did give me another fill because he said the Fluid was going through much faster than they like to see.

It is really interesting to have a fill and a swallow under fluro, you see your band and you see the liquid going through it, very cool.

I think he said I now have 1.9cc total.

Thank you all for your concern. Hopefully this fill will help and I can work on that Valentines Day challenge!!!!!!!!!!

btw - if you ever get a chance to see "I Lost It" on Discovery Health Channel, it is a 1/2 show that hi-lights 2 people who have lost significant amounts of weigh. I tivo it and watch it first thing in the a.m. while I have my coffee. Its a little motivation for me!

Happy Friday Friends!

Hope everyone is doing well.

i took today off for a mental health day. I wanted to be accessible in case I needed to get to my parents house. I know i will regret it monday but... My dad had to go in today for his bi-yearly meeting with the cancer doc sicne he had bladder cancer 2 years ago. They saw a shadow on the chest xray and he had to go today to get the results. I was completely useless at work yesterday since its all I could think about, i mindlessly snacked and i barely slept. My mom called around 930 to tell me all was fine!! Yippeee!! :clap2:

I considered going into work afterall but since its Friday and i hate that place I got my oil changed and tires rotated instead. :)

Now i'm debating what to do with myself - i think I may take myself to see the Pursuit of Happiness movie... or work on my resume..

Have a great Friday!

sonia

soooooooooo happy for the good news! Great way to start the weekend. I am pretty sure I could have come up with something more fun than an oil change but..........................a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do:clap2:

JDru - how did your fill go today? What's your total fill amount now? I'm at 1.5 and definitely not at my sweet spot, but my doc won't give me another fill until March. I'm not hungry in between meals, but I can still eat a decent amount when I want to.

I'm glad you're back Chrispy...I missed your posts! My fill went fine yesterday they added .2 cc so I'm up to 1.7 cc. I'm still on mushies today, but I am definitely feeling fuller longer. I'll let you know how it is with solids. I really hope I have more restiction this time.

That sucks that you can't get a fill until March!! You have a lot of willpower!

I'm addicted to these sites, so I wont' stay away for too long. :rolleyes:

Well I wouldn't say I've had much willpower lately, that's for sure! Today I had 1/2 a calzone for lunch. It was sooo yummy! Granted before I would have eaten the whole thing but somehow I feel like a glutton when I eat "normal" portions. I'm ok with not getting another fill until March. As much as I'd like to get another one and lose the weight quicker, I think the time will be good for me. It's been a bit of an adjustment the past few weeks for me, and I really should be better and living by bandster rules and getting down a real exercise regimine.

Keep me updated on your fill! I was saying the other day that when it's time for my fill I'll likely go for a small one, like .25, which would put me very close to your fill level now.

You're doing GREAT by the way! It's only the 5th day of January and you already have 3 of your exercise sessions done. You go girl!!!