Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

Hey everyone! I just got back from my fill appt. He put in 1.5cc. Wow! So far so good. He had me chug, yes chug, a glass of Water afterwards to make sure I was not too tight. I'm on liquids for a few days. Here we go......

I am so excited to hear about everyone's fill experiences. I think I am ready for mine! Confession: I ate a danish yesterday. Ugh! Good thing today is a new day...

Hi everyone! My first day with my new fill has gone well. I'm on liquids for three days which sucks, but I'm hoping for some good weight loss numbers!!! I find that I'm a little less hungry, and that Water can curb my appetite quite a bit. We'll see how it goes, but I have a good feeling about this so far!

Hi All

I had my first fill today, 1cc. My dr. told me to stick to soft food tonight and tomorrow for Breakfast. After that, if all goes well, back to regular food.

I really needed a "boost". I really miss not seeing those big numbers that I saw the month after surgery. I only lost 4 lbs. this month! I know I shouldn't complain, I am down 28 lbs in 6 weeks!.

This is where it gets hard for me. This is just about the most weight I've ever lost. The 6 week mark has been my "breaking point" in the past. I lose a good amount of weight then BAM, back to the old eating habits and back up the scale I go.

I sure hope this fill makes a difference. so, far, I don't feel anything different. We'll see after a meal though.

So glad you guys are hear to listen to me whine;)

Hi everyone! I am a little late with getting starting on this site but better late then never. I was banded on October 31st and have lost a total of 25 pounds. I have not had a fill yet and my doctor has not recommended one because he said I was doing great without one. I am a little nervous about getting one anyway so I am a little glad it is not necessary just yet. For those of you that have had a fill did you experience any pain during or after it??

Momotrips, I am here. I am scheduled for my fill on the 19th of Dec. I would have had it done sooner, but i told Julius i was having some heartburn. So he put me on Nexium and said maybe a fill next month. I am kinda frustrated because i have not taken the Nexium and I have not had heartburn. I just had it a few times when i started reg food. I have gained like 3 lbs. I think I am going to call this week and talk to him to see what I can work out. I really need a fill. I can eat a regular size meal with no problems. Uuurrrggghhhhh.

Wonderwoman

Had my first fill yesterday. My dr. gave me an injection of novicane before the fill so it feels like the needle when you give blood or get a shot. Once that is done, I didn't feel a thing. No pain at all after either.

I could also eat a regular meal no problem. I gained 4 lbs. I haven't had a real meal since my fill yesterday so my fingers are crossed!

I do notice that I have been slacking with my Water, maybe that will help too.

Good luck to all and have a great weekend!

YIPPY i got my first fill on tuesday it went great i thought that i was going to be in lots of pain but i did fine. i couldn't belive it. It didn't hurt and we all know that i'm a big chicken. i didn't have to drink that yucky barium jusst a little of Water i felt great have a good weekend all ;)

I am in need of some support today. I had a really, really bad night last night. i was all alone in my apartment feeling sorry for myself and fed my feelings...again. I ate about 3/4 a bag of pita chips to drown my sorrows. It's so frustrating for me bc I really do want to change my lifestyle, but it's SO hard to break bad habits. Obviously I don't have any restriction yet, but somewhere in the back of my brain I wonder if the band is really going to work for me. I've been doing really well, except for last night. So I guess all I can do is get back on the wagon. Thanks for listening...I needed to tell people who would understand.

I am in need of some support today. I had a really, really bad night last night. i was all alone in my apartment feeling sorry for myself and fed my feelings...again. I ate about 3/4 a bag of pita chips to drown my sorrows. It's so frustrating for me bc I really do want to change my lifestyle, but it's SO hard to break bad habits. Obviously I don't have any restriction yet, but somewhere in the back of my brain I wonder if the band is really going to work for me. I've been doing really well, except for last night. So I guess all I can do is get back on the wagon. Thanks for listening...I needed to tell people who would understand.

Oh Jessica, do not beat yourself up... You are only human... It sounds like you have been very good and one bad night is not going to destroy all that you have worked for. Yesterday was yesterday, today is a new day!

I have found it best to not have the yummy things around anymore.... I also tend to feed "feeling sorry for myself" moods.

I hope today has been a better day for you!

;)

My fill didn't really hurt at all. It's much easier than getting blood drawn.

JDru - don't beat yourself up! Trust me, I have had some major slips myself. Remember that these habits will not go away quickly, and that we will really have to work to change them. We will certainly have setbacks along the way. You're right that you just need to dust yourself off and get right back on the wagon! How has today been?

I didn't get to have my fill today :think My surgeon got called out to an emergency trauma surgery. My appt is rescheduled for next Thurs. I am so bummed! I am really in need of the fill.

JDru... don't feel bad girl. One day at a time... if you stumble, just get back up and start all over the next day.

Hey do any of you have heat at your port sight. Like where it sometimes feels a little warm. I know that is a sign of infection but I don't think that is what it is in this case. Every once in a while it feels a little warm. Also, do any of you sleep on your stomach just yet??