Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

Good luck to everyone being banded this week!!!!

good luck to all who will be banded this week! I am one week out now and I feel great! didn't need any pain pills take enough pills as it is. can't wait til week 4! hope everyone has as great a time as I did.

Hello all,

This is my first post in the October Bandsters. My surgery is this Wednesday, so I'm on count down and very excited.

Did my shopping this weekend and got most of the stuff on the list.

I'll check back and keep everyone posted and can't wait to see how we all do.

Good Luck katylady, I am going tomorrow morning, have to be there at 5am and start at 7:30 I will be staying the night, So good luck on Wednesday.

I have cleaned, did laundry, my nails and shopping for everything again. I plan on sitting on my butt for 1 week watching movies and reading novels. can't wait. Bye everyone till wednesday. Mary

Hi all,

I can't believe the date is almost here. I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 a.m. for a 7:30 procedure. I'm excited, but also nervous. Things are ok here at home with hubby and the kids, etc. My doctor said I will go home from the hospital the same day. I would love to hear from you that are having things done this week and see if we are progressing the same.

My doctor didn't make me do a pre-op diet since my bmi is only 36. I have eaten less over the weekend and plan to eat even less tomorrow. I'm truly blessed that everything has gone so smoothly.

Good luck to all of you this week and month of October. Keep in touch and let me know how you all are doing. I'm starting to get nervous.:rolleyes:

Good luck Lori,

I feel like I hit a brick wall today. I have 2 weeks of liquids pre-op and they really go to me today. I just hope that tomorrow's a vetter day.

I also got the Ambien thing straightened out. I was so nervous and forgot to tell the anesthesiologist about being on Ambien because I couldn't sleep these few weeks. He advised me not to come off of it. When I tolf him about not wanting to take it the night before the surgery, he said that is exactly when I should take it.

He said our bodies should be well rested for the surgery as it will only promote healing. NOTE! He asked me if I have taken Ambien CR before and I have... he said good, he just didn't want me trying out something so new before my surgery if I didn't have experience.

and I'm getting very excited. I start my liquid diet the day after tomorrow for 10 days total. I did a liquid diet for six months a few years ago, so I know what to expect.

At this point I'm excited about starting this journey. I'm sure I'll have bad days but at least feel like I'm moving my life forward, which will feel great!

Good luck to this week's bandsters!:rolleyes:

Okay so surgery was Friday and I am down 10bs...wooohooo. okay so after surgery i went up like 4lbs because of all the fluids they gave me and the excess gas. But overall i am down 6lbs from the morning of surgery, i weighed myself before i went to the hosp in my birthday suit. Who would have thought that a liquid diet and vicodin could make such a great diet...lol.

Tonight was the first test of many, I had a sit down dinner :hungry: with my whole family, they had fried lobster, onion rings and broccoli covered in cream sauce...and baked potatoes, and I, well mom made me some potato Soup. I really was not that hungry. I thought i would be more tempted to eat but to my surprise i was not. "Way to go me!":clap2:

Pain is going pretty good, drove some today. I think i moved around more than i should have, cause i am pretty sore tonight.

Anyway, good luck to everyone having surgery this week GOD BLESS YA

Welcome to all of our ne October club members! Congratulations to all our newly banded recruits! Good luck to all going in this week.

There is so much activity on this list, it's hard to keep up, but totally AWESOME to hear how well we are all doing. Keep logging your progress with us - we are all interested, even if we not able to reply all the time.

I'll be back on board later tonight to update our roll-call of surgery dates and to add our newbies who have posted with us over the past few days. If you have any other changes or additions to make to our roll-call, please let me know. I'm also planning to add a ticker / updated signature to my posts!

In other news - yesterday I purchased a cross trainer (from Aldi!!). It's a lovely heavy duty instrument of torture, with an onboard computer more complicated than my first desktop (a Tandy TRS-80 - in colour!! hehehehe!) I'm planning 10 mins in the morning and 10 more at night, on an interval training, until I get used to it. I nearly dropped dead doing it this morning! LOL!! (wanders off to join the "Exercise Today" thread...)

Everyone is doing so well!! Can you believe that Oct is half over??

I found out today that I get to take my fancy camera pill on Wednesday!! I had to kind of be a bitch to the nurse because she was trying to schedule me for next week (the week of my surgery), but she fit me in on Wednesday. I think she just wanted to get rid of me. :rolleyes: But hopefully, this will find the source of my mystery bleeding and I can still have surgery on Oct 26. I'm counting down!

This is amazing I started off at 146kg and am now 133kgs I lost 5kgs before surgery and in 1 week have lost another 5kgs WOW So As I said one week out and I am doing pretty good I am eating Soup with bumps in it (I blendered up chicken and vegies and Pasta would go up a straw just lumpy) I have had no problems with anything as yet and hope I dont

weight.png

Hi there Kelli! Sounds like your doing great. For those who didnt know we share the same date. I feel good also.

1 week now and I now have gotton used to the lquids.

I will say for all of you pending patients.Even though some docs dont prescribe a pre diet I would start doing a liquid diet pre to get used to the shock of it and also and you might not like this cut out the coffee or cut back before surgery.

I had raging headaches from the withdrawl and also if your a smoker (I hate to admit that one just like Ellen) and traveling for surgery get a patch for the trip and just quit or at the very least curb your cravings. Im talking to the "real" smokers here. I was one big FAT crabby woman after surgery BUT.........I would do all again. These are things I wish I had prepared for and didnt even think about.

I have been eating all of the suggested things post op however now and again who am I kidding all the time! I crave taste but when I really really need a lift I have a Healthy Choice mocha bar. 90 cal. and big so you feel like your having something. Good Luck all up and coming Bandsters!! Im down 7.5 pnds How do I change my ticker?

6 days for me too! And I'm down 13 pounds in my 8 days of pre-op!!!

Wow... We're awesome! :rolleyes: