Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ow long did anyone wait for this?

It would be safe to try in the "mushy"" phase. Usually about 2-4 weeks after surgery depending on your doctor/NUT's schedule.

But you will likely find that by the time it's safe, you probably won't want it.

HouseFoodsAug12Sq3a2.jpg

I wonder if you could do something like cauliflower with plain greek yogurt ( for protein) and a good low fat cheese that may taste similar. It will taste more like mashed potatoes with cheese but better for you. Just a thought.

I'm starting to like the way this thread is going. Alternatives, the it looks like the 2 posts above this one have good ideas for the Pasta portion. As far as the cheese part, Unjury has a proteined cheese sauce. Hmmmm this might actually be worth trying.

I wonder if you could do something like cauliflower with plain greek yogurt ( for protein) and a good low fat cheese that may taste similar. It will taste more like mashed potatoes with cheese but better for you. Just a thought.

Blenderized cauliflower with a wedge of laughing cow was a staple in my puree stage. Was yummy.

OP- I got my taste buds and hunger back around the same time that you seem to be. I found that increasing Water, scheduled eating and variety really helped me from going full bore on an unhealthy meal. When I just couldn't get something out if my head, I got creative. Good luck on ur journey. :)

Sent from my mobile productivity killer.

I had a couple of forkfulls in week 3. The sky didn't fall.

It still tasted just as good, but it definitely doesn't digest well.

I have found that fatty foods (this was from the hot foods bar in the deli, so I know it was loaded with fat) cause major indigestion. Of course, it's a poor nutritional choice, as has been pointed out; but the heartburn is an even bigger deterrent.

My shrink and my surgeon both emphasized that after surgery, I would be able to eat ANYTHING, it is not a "diet". Junk foods will be nibbled occasionally, the challenge is to plan meals so we meet our Protein / Water goals FIRST, and make healthier choices about diet and exercise for the rest of our lives, not to feel deprived. So just be sensible.

In my experience, junk food makes you feel lousy for hours.

hm734

i know exactly what you mean about trusting yourself with certain foods

in the past 8 months i have not had one sweet' date=' sugar, candy etc. not even a bite.

unfortuanately many candy stores have now had to lay off people or have totally gone out of business[/quote']

That is amazing no sugar or sweets in 8 months.

hm734

i know exactly what you mean about trusting yourself with certain foods

in the past 8 months i have not had one sweet' date=' sugar, candy etc. not even a bite.

unfortuanately many candy stores have now had to lay off people or have totally gone out of business[/quote']

What an inspiration! It's nice to see on here once in a great while someone who is actually commited- and not just here to justify bad behaviors.

I am same as you- no sweets- no sugars- no candy- but I'm also not eating any kind of fast foods (no matter HOW "nutritious " someone says they are)- NO starches, pastas or breads, no caffine at all- no high fat anything- no junk food- no soda of ANY kind-

Mostly I'm eating whole foods, nuts, grilled meats, things I pick or cook myself.

Keep up the good work!!! You're inspiring!

PS- I'm also one of those weird people that is drug free too- so I don't believe that pot is a nessessity- and I have never touched the aweful stuff.

I don’t like mac n cheese but I have had cauliflower and broccoli cheese since the op just a few spoonfuls for people wanting the alternative to Pasta.< /p>

You can make your own cheese sauce with milk and grated cheese/s that you like and do it I just steamed the veg then poured over the cheese and baked had my little bit the rest of my family had the rest for dinner.< /p>

no sugar or sweets in 8 months.

change4life

i used to always luv those nasty "Butterfingers & Babe Ruth Bars"

if I "had" to take a bite, i know i wouldn't take more, butttt......all of a sudden that yum/yum taste of chocolate would come back to me - and then i would remember what it tasted like....no, don't want to go there :angry:

rather be foot lose, care free, sugar free and candy free ;)

When I want chocolate, which occurs one week every month, I really enjoy the Skinny Cow clusters. They are yummy!

Sent from my iPad using VST

This is 1 of the processed foods I indulge in since becomming a vegetarian. I buy the little easy macs (small cups) it will last me at least 3-4 sittings and by that time I'm over the craving- I can only eat 3-4 bites and then I'm done- Pasta does not sit well in my sleeve.

I'm starting to like the way this thread is going. Alternatives' date=' the it looks like the 2 posts above this one have good ideas for the Pasta portion. As far as the cheese part, powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury has a proteined cheese sauce. Hmmmm this might actually be worth trying.[/quote']

, the last time we chatted I felt misunderstood and lashed out at you and said a bunch at things I shouldn't have I am sorry ,please forgive me!

When I want chocolate' date=' which occurs one week every month, I really enjoy the Skinny Cow clusters. They are yummy!

Sent from my iPad using VST[/quote']

I would eat those pre-sleeve. So good!!

I tried it 2.5 months out and vomited. I tried it again 4 months out and it was fine. I can really eat anything- bread, pasta...just in smaller amount. For instance, I can eat an entire piece of square pizza over about 20 minutes. Compared to the usual 4 pieces, I am thrilled. Everyone is different...