Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whats Worse Child Birth Or Vsg?

Thanks guys!!

VSG was way worse than my 3 c-sections combined. The actual surgery didn't hurt, I was just sore--but the gas pain was unbearable. I would take a c-section any day.

Yeah, I agree...childbirth was worse. Wait...I think I wandered into the wrong forum...again!...ugh.

Damn, I'm so addicted to VST that I'll post on any thread...I'll leave this forum now. That is all.

I had two c-sections and that wasn't so bad. VSG wasn't that bad either. I'm on the fence!!!!!!

VSG....the nasea from pain meds made me vomit...otherwise mine was pretty easy: physically...emotionally is another story...but "this too shall pass". Just keep your eyes on the prize! Healthier, Happier and Sexier! :-)

I'm not a lady but I have had kidney stones which many ladies say is as bad or worse than child birth and the VSG was definatly easier.

As terrible as childbirth sounds, people still go back and have more kids. They say you forget how bad it is. I think it's the same for VSG once the weight comes off - you forget how miserable it is, especially that first month! :)

Childbirth 33hrs of induced labor n still had a c-section. Staples bust so they had to cut me again n a nurse had to come everyday to pack my wound. Vsg was painful but c-section was way worse

VSG. Hands down!

Meka

Childbirth by far was worse....even with the pain I had at first with VSG, it was never unbearable & got better each day. Nothing on earth can ever compare to the severity of labor pains & I mean nothing!

I think it depends on how the baby came out. I had a c-section so I consider this way worse than VSG. Some people who had a vaginal birth with little to no tearing may disagree (especially if they didn't have to labor or labored with an epidural) and they may have bounced back quickly. Also, everyone's threshold to pain is different too. I can only speak for myself and say I've had 4 surgeries in my life and VSG was the easiest recovery of all as far as physical pain goes. The only thing I would say is I didn't expect how weak, tired and depressed I was the first month. I just remember crying thinking I had made the biggest mistake of my life. So I would conclude by saying the pain recovery was easy, the mental part not so much.

I think it depends on how the baby came out. I had a c-section so I consider this way worse than VSG. Some people who had a vaginal birth with little to no tearing may disagree (especially if they didn't have to labor or labored with an epidural) and they may have bounced back quickly. Also' date=' everyone's threshold to pain is different too. I can only speak for myself and say I've had 4 surgeries in my life and VSG was the easiest recovery of all as far as physical pain goes. The only thing I would say is I didn't expect how weak, tired and depressed I was the first month. I just remember crying thinking I had made the biggest mistake of my life. So I would conclude by saying the pain recovery was easy, the mental part not so much.[/quote']

So agree with this. I personally had no real pain with VSG. 48 hours of drug labor way out weighed it. But mentally, with child birth, I had an immediate result. Something tangible. But with VSG, 4 and a half months later, I have lost 90 pounds with pre op, and mentally can't see it. The first month is so hard due to thinking you need that cookie, or you want to eat more than you can physically. I'm still a work in progress with surgery, but after I had my daughter 18 months ago, I was ok. Other than worrying about being a good mom... But I think that's life long. That's why I had surgery. For her... To be a great mom and, one day, grandmother.

Vsg was like a holiday compared to childbirth. 22hrs of labour, tear from one end to the other, child tearing the skin off your delicate nipples every 3 hrs, uterus contracting back into shape, mastitis.... Etc.

Vsg I had 4 peaceful nights in hospital with no nurses waking me up in the middle of the night to feed, and no annoying visitors coming in and out all day forcing you to stay awake. Needless to say, if hubby wants more kids, next time it's his turn to carry and deliver it.

Childbirth. Definitely. There was no pain with the Gastric Sleeve Surgery. I was uncomfortable after surgery, sometimes very uncomfortable. But it wasn't painful.

For me it was the same, You tell yourself OMG what HaveI done and when it is over you would not take back the choice you made.