Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Under 180Lbs And Getting Sleeved, Anyone Else?

Anyone under 180lbs and getting sleeves?

I have recently started to feel a bit guilty about getting sleeved for being overweight but not obese.

I have other medical issues that have helped me make the decison to get sleeved, but I am curious

to see if there is anyone else in the same boat.

180 is my "goal weight"... LOL I hope all goes well for you, throughout the entire process! :)

I had a revision frm band to sleeve @178. Im about 4 weeks out and doing really good! I dont weight my self@ home only when I go to d Dr. and in d first two weeks I lost 18lbs.:). I didnt have a pre op diet i only did liquids from 12 midnight before surgery. My diet is a little diff. than others,full liquid out of hospital and I was aloud to drink gatorade, v8 so he wasent to stricked about d sugar free drinks. Ill be 4 weeks Tomorrow and today I tries Some chicken not blended but very good chewed. I almost never blended anything cause im use to chewing very well cause of my hand. He wants me to eat a little more cause my bmi is already @25.I lost 140 on d band and it slipped and I had a liquid removed for 2 months and gain 20 lbs. so d Dr. recomended me d sleeve to help me lose d rest and he said that d sleeve will help me maintain:) d one thing i was worried about was losing too much but d Dr. said that my body will know when to stop and there is ways to gain Some back If I need to....sorry for d Long story.lol

Wow Mzlory, u wrote my whole story! lol! I also was banded, got down to 155-160. I did great up untill 4 months ago. I started to gain and wasnt sure why? Docotor orded an upper GI and yes my band slipped! I had my revision from band to sleeve on Aug 16th at 182, and as of today i have lost 12lbs. My doctor is also not too strick about my diet, he just said to take it slow and to really listen to what my body likes and dislikes.

I am now 194lbs, got the gastric sleeve 3 days ago with starting weight of 202, 199 the day of surgery. I also have the underling medical conditions that got me qualified for the surgery.

I was under 180 on sleeve day. I had no complicating factors, but I also was having it to avoid those in the future. I nearly died last week so I won't jump for joy and tell you how much I don't regret it at this point. Ironically, the complications from the surgery have added 20lbs of weight to my body so I hit the dreaded number I never wanted to see (200) because I had the surgery :(. Mind you it's all weight I will lose really fast since its from blood loss, transfusions and swelling, but dang I could of at least seen a little loss after four days in the hospital :P

wow! iggychic so sorry u had such a bad start. I hope nothing but the best for you from this point on!

I was 188 day of surgery. I was in the obese category (I'm 5'5") and had high blood pressure. In the last few weeks my blood pressure has gone down and I'm in the overweight category. Weight loss has definitely been slow, so I'm getting used to that. I'm fine with slow loss as long as it continues until goal...

I am at 200 and I am 5'8" and some people think Im crazy for wanting the sleeve, however in the last 4 years I have developed high bp high cholesterol and diabetes. Being a registered nurse and knowing what I have to look forward to if I don't get sleeved is scary. I hope to be sleeved in November.

I am 195 now, but got up to 199 for at least the third time in several years. I consistently lose 20 and gain 30. I see my parents and the rest of my family members and I see my future. It's not pretty. I need to get this under control now before I have heart problems, diabetes, high BP, and whatever else. If I don't get it done now, this time next year I'll be at 210 and even more unhappy with my weight.

I'm fortunate that I only have back pain, hip pain, and sore knees. It will get worse, I have no doubts. Some people would say I'm not that big . Why wait until I am? I've been fighting this weight battle for more than 10 years. I'm ready to get another weapon and slay this dragon once and for all.

I am 195 now, but got up to 199 for at least the third time in several years. I consistently lose 20 and gain 30. I see my parents and the rest of my family members and I see my future. It's not pretty. I need to get this under control now before I have heart problems, diabetes, high BP, and whatever else. If I don't get it done now, this time next year I'll be at 210 and even more unhappy with my weight.

I'm fortunate that I only have back pain, hip pain, and sore knees. It will get worse, I have no doubts. Some people would say I'm not that big . Why wait until I am? I've been fighting this weight battle for more than 10 years. I'm ready to get another weapon and slay this dragon once and for all.

Thats exactly how I feel. Better now than later when I am in deeper Water than what I already am. Thank you for sharing!

Thanks everyone for sharing! In four days I will have the procedure.

Don't feel guilty you have your reasons to why you are having it done.

I had mine done on the 13 th of September. I was 174 and am now 161. I too did it for health reasons.

When is your surgery?

I was 195 and lost 20 pounds pre surgery. Day of was 175. It has been 4.5 weeks and I'm now 158. Since we weigh less it comes off slower but I don't regret it one bit!!!! No issues and doing really well. Had a stall in week 3 but I'm back to losing now.

My surgery was Sept. 1 2012, I am one month post-op. I feel awesome! thanks ene for your encouraging words!