Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unflavored Protein Powder

Does this mean the powder doesn't have any flavor -- (ie, not as gross) or does it mean it still tastes gross but it is just not a flavored gross? :)

it means that it still tastes gross, but it's all of the bad flavor with nothing to make it remotely palatable whatsoever. at least that's been my experience.

the closest thing that i can think of in regards to what i've experienced is... chewing all of your Vitamins up at once and wishing that there was some sort of flavor to make it not taste so terrible.

it means that it still tastes gross, but it's all of the bad flavor with nothing to make it remotely palatable whatsoever. at least that's been my experience.

the closest thing that i can think of in regards to what i've experienced is... chewing all of your Vitamins up at once and wishing that there was some sort of flavor to make it not taste so terrible.

Yeah, that's what I thought! Darn!

BUT, you can mix it into things like oatmeal or SF Jello or SF pudding to disguise it's taste and give those things a Protein boost. However, in my opinion it only serves to take those perfectly tasty items and give them a really gross texture. :wacko: I know lots of people who have learned to like it though. I have two big jugs of unflavored Protein Powder if anyone wants to try it. I bought one at a local Vitamin store and when it made my chicken broth just completely disgusting, I tried buying Unjury thinking I just didn't have the right brand. Unfortunately I did not like it either. I am back to just drinking my chocolate flavored Protein Shake and finally my taste buds are allowing me to enjoy it once again. :)

if you buy vanilla, you can make a "green smoothie" type thing.. where you can add a banana and some berries to it.. like blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, etc.. and you get a lot of "banana & berry" flavor.. but to be honest, i usually go for chocolate or strawberry. i normally wouldn't pick strawberry, but if you REALLY don't like how the powder tastes, strawberry seems to have the strongest flavor to mask the taste out of the 3 (no matter what kind of Protein Powder i've tried) & you can also add a banana & more berries to it to make it more palatable. or another option would be to use flavorings from mccormick or whatever brand.. like they have vanilla extract, pinacolada, jamaican rum, lemon, orange, etc.. maybe add some of that to your flavor of choice. :)

Lol i use un flavored in my pudding, Soup, shakes, Protein Bars and cookies.. taste fine.. just don't mix it in Water by itself.

if you buy vanilla, you can make a "green smoothie" type thing.. where you can add a banana and some berries to it.. like blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, etc.. and you get a lot of "banana & berry" flavor.. but to be honest, i usually go for chocolate or strawberry. i normally wouldn't pick strawberry, but if you REALLY don't like how the powder tastes, strawberry seems to have the strongest flavor to mask the taste out of the 3 (no matter what kind of Protein powder i've tried) & you can also add a banana & more berries to it to make it more palatable. or another option would be to use flavorings from mccormick or whatever brand.. like they have vanilla extract, pinacolada, jamaican rum, lemon, orange, etc.. maybe add some of that to your flavor of choice. :)

I just added a drop of almond extract to my Prescriptfit vanilla shake. My doc wants everyone to start on a diet plan before surgery. There were two to chose from -- My Weight and Prescriptfit. I chose Pres.criptfit because I already had two full containers ( at like $40 each) when I tried them 2 years ago. I'm a sales rep and the surgery group I'm using was my client so I was in the office all the time and decided to give Prescriptfit a chance. The flavor is not bad --- it the disgusting foaminess and sliminess. I tried adding 1/4 of a banana and I used Soy Slender instead of Water hoping that it would help the texture ( didn't help much). I think on my next appointment with the NUT I'm just going to have to tell her I will stick to a diet before surgery but it will have to be using Atkins shakes and Protein Bars. They have as much Protein as the Prescriptfit. Prescriptfit's claim to fame apparently is it has a ton of amino acids as well as protein. The actual diet is 4 shakes a day and 1 food only (veggies, chicken, seafood, etc) for a week, then you pick another food for another week....and so on.

Lol i use un flavored in my pudding, Soup, shakes, Protein bars and cookies.. taste fine.. just don't mix it in Water by itself.

I think I am just really picky or did not do it right. At the time I was even struggling with the taste of water, so maybe I should give it another chance (since I have so much of it!) I am glad someone out there who likes it piped in!

I just added a drop of almond extract to my Prescriptfit vanilla shake. My doc wants everyone to start on a diet plan before surgery. There were two to chose from -- My Weight and Prescriptfit. I chose Pres.criptfit because I already had two full containers ( at like $40 each) when I tried them 2 years ago. I'm a sales rep and the surgery group I'm using was my client so I was in the office all the time and decided to give Prescriptfit a chance. The flavor is not bad --- it the disgusting foaminess and sliminess. I tried adding 1/4 of a banana and I used Soy Slender instead of Water hoping that it would help the texture ( didn't help much). I think on my next appointment with the NUT I'm just going to have to tell her I will stick to a diet before surgery but it will have to be using Atkins shakes and Protein bars. They have as much protein as the Prescriptfit. Prescriptfit's claim to fame apparently is it has a ton of amino acids as well as protein. The actual diet is 4 shakes a day and 1 food only (veggies, chicken, seafood, etc) for a week, then you pick another food for another week....and so on.

I was having a problem with foaminess and sliminess with my protein powder too. I wanted something that would not turn out so thick. I added two more ounces of skim milk for a total of 10 oz and now it is just right. I also either give it a really quick pulse in my magic bullet to keep it from getting too frothy, or shake it in a Blender Bottle for no foam at all. Like you, I needed to find a way to use up all that expensive protein powder.

Yeah PHD brand natural is grosssssssssss its kinda creamy tasting and sweet but not nice like drinking sweet creamy milk – I actually hate milk hate full fat milk even worse so to try this creamy thick sweet stuff was nasty did try and put it in things it just overtook everything but ready brek lol i give it away and stick to chocolate orange and chocolate cookie flavour

Does this mean the powder doesn't have any flavor -- (ie, not as gross) or does it mean it still tastes gross but it is just not a flavored gross? :)

I learned 'unflavored' doesn't mean no flavor, it just means it isn't choc, strawberry or vanilla!!! LOL

I have to say I really like my unflavored Protein. I put it in SF chocolate pudding and iced coffee. I can't taste anything but pudding or coffee. :)

How much do you put into your coffee or a serving of SF pudding? Maybe I was putting too much. I would put 1/2 scoop into 4 oz of broth and it would completely change the texture. Maybe that was my problem. Maybe if I added a little to more of the things I eat or drink, I would get the cumulative quantity without ruining my food/drink.

How much do you put into your coffee or a serving of SF pudding? Maybe I was putting too much. I would put 1/2 scoop into 4 oz of broth and it would completely change the texture. Maybe that was my problem. Maybe if I added a little to more of the things I eat or drink, I would get the cumulative quantity without ruining my food/drink.

When I make the pudding I put it in the milk then stir in the pudding mix. It may be a little less smooth but it doesn't bother me. With the coffee I make the iced coffee then pour in the Protein powder. Coffee has such a strong flavor that it works great for me. :)

I use the Unjury and I have never tasted it in anything. I add it to low carb chocolate milk for Protein Drinks, to Soups and yogurt. I love the Unjury chicken, chocolate and unflavored. It is high quality medical Protein and so much better than the RTD canned drinks.< /p>