Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pulmonary Clearance What To Expect?

Im having my pulmonary function test and the stress test on Monday. I will follow up with how it goes. BTW...im having the sleep study consult the same day....should be fun

Ok tomorrow my Pulmonary clearance appointment. so wish me luck :) will keep you updated.

The PFT went fine, the tech said that anesthesia likes to know ur lung strength and capacity. It was basically a lot of.breathing into a machine that measured everything. I did get a headache afterwards like others mentioned. The stress test was easy, rode a bike.

The sleep consult went ok, i have my study in 2 weeks. I met with nut and she was awesome.

The PFT went fine, the tech said that anesthesia likes to know ur lung strength and capacity. It was basically a lot of.breathing into a machine that measured everything. I did get a headache afterwards like others mentioned. The stress test was easy, rode a bike.

The sleep consult went ok, i have my study in 2 weeks. I met with nut and she was awesome.

Great, I am glad that everything went fine. I had my stress test today and I was able to handle it fine as well just got headache because I was hungry.

I had a chest xray, pulmonary function test and sleep study because my insurance said I had too. The xray and pft only took a few mins.

Best of luck to you

sleep study what I probably afraid of....

jiust because it might took much longer then I have before surgery....

sleep study what I probably afraid of....

jiust because it might took much longer then I have before surgery....

Just overnight. My center had a hotel like room with a shower. Could get ready and go to work. I slept from 10:45 - 6 am. Felt okay. Bring a fan if u like one. Helped me sleep like ay home.

I understand that it is overnight but the schedule would be like in a week or so and after that I need to have follow up in another 2 weeks and I am afraid to miss the surgery date....

and I am not a great person not sleep at home... and I doubt that I can bring my toddler twins there :) this way I would fell at home :)

I understand that it is overnight but the schedule would be like in a week or so and after that I need to have follow up in another 2 weeks and I am afraid to miss the surgery date....

and I am not a great person not sleep at home... and I doubt that I can bring my toddler twins there :) this way I would fell at home :)

Ahhhh, we have 13 year old twins. Loved one under each arm!

YEA!!! I got back with clearance letter :) ok beside waiting for 2 hours everything was fine. I did the breathing test and spoke with the doctor.

YEA!!! I got back with clearance letter :) ok beside waiting for 2 hours everything was fine. I did the breathing test and spoke with the doctor.

Great to hear

Congrats on your letter!! For anyone else reading this and concerned with a time frame with appts, many dr offices will try to squeeze you in if you tell them you need the appt for a surgery clearance. That happened with me twice. Both times the first opening was 6-8wks out, for new patient. But when I asked if they could get me in sooner because I need clearance for surgery I had an appt in a few days.

Congrats on your letter!! For anyone else reading this and concerned with a time frame with appts, many dr offices will try to squeeze you in if you tell them you need the appt for a surgery clearance. That happened with me twice. Both times the first opening was 6-8wks out, for new patient. But when I asked if they could get me in sooner because I need clearance for surgery I had an appt in a few days.

Thank you IrishEyes.

I tried. but usually they start with 1 months waiting and after telling that I need clearance for surgery they give me 2 weeks. but I rarely can get next week appointment. Still faster :) then a month :)