Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow @ Ann how did u find out so soon that ur off insulin? I don't see my dr for another 2 Weeks I pray I have the same results. I'm still taking insulin.

Wow @ Ann how did u find out so soon that ur off insulin? I don't see my dr for another 2 Weeks I pray I have the same results. I'm still taking insulin.

Highest it has been since surgery is 160 the surgeon said as long as it doesn't go over 200 not to take anymore insulin, if u go low there isn't a way you can drink or eat enough to bring it back up. Today my high was 144

My nurse in the hospital told me....The shoulder pain is from having laparoscopic surgery. It's air that is trapped in your body from the surgey only way to get rid of it is walk.

Colebort' date=' I was sleeved MOnday!! Have u tried G2 Gatorade it goes down easy for me but when I drink plain Water are crystal light I walk immediately. For some reason everytime I hear a funny noise/ strange feeling in my tummy I go for a walk , been walking at lot and it helps so much also haven't had any pain[/quote']

Anytime my tummy makes a funny noise I walk to the bathroom. Lol.

Yeah I think i just got that shoulder pain and when I got up it went away. And I haven't tried any Gatorade yet but my mom bought so we have it in the house.

As for getting Water down I've know learned to take little sips. That's actually been the hardest for me because I was so used to drinking lots of water all day long. Now I'm sipping and sipping ang sipping.

Is anyone having gas pains in your shoulders? I was sleeved 7/31 discharged yesterday and started having pains in my shoulder at the base of my neck. It didn't start till today so wasn't for sure if it's normal. It happens the most when I lay down.

I was sleeved on 7/30 and also had the shoulder pain. For a day or so they would come when id sip fluids. Take a sip 5 secs later pain up the left shoulder. Definately unpleasent and wierd. Last day or so it has stopped so give it sometime it will work itself out.

I can't keep Water down mama t. Any other liquids seem to be fine right now but plain Water I tend to spit up

A lot of people cannot tolerate just plain old water, sometimes for a few months. That's fairly normal. I'm still trying to get down more plain water, even at 5 1/2 months. BLECH. I have to be REALLY thirsty ;)

Just keep up on other liquids. And Protein drinks count!

Highest it has been since surgery is 160 the surgeon said as long as it doesn't go over 200 not to take anymore insulin' date=' if u go low there isn't a way you can drink or eat enough to bring it back up. Today my high was 144[/quote']

That is great. I have been taking my insulin for the past few days....my first week at home my blood sugars was around 110 to 112.....today it was 224....it might be the Protein powder I put in my oatmeal....when I did my pre-op diet my blood sugars was fine until I started to use the powder which is only four carbs but taste so sweet....go figure

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S using VST

A lot of people cannot tolerate just plain old water' date=' sometimes for a few months. That's fairly normal. I'm still trying to get down more plain Water, even at 5 1/2 months. BLECH. I have to be REALLY thirsty ;)

Just keep up on other liquids. And Protein drinks count![/quote']

Thanks for the info... I tried plain Water yesterday for the first time and my tummy didnt like it

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S using VST

A lot of people cannot tolerate just plain old water' date=' sometimes for a few months. That's fairly normal. I'm still trying to get down more plain Water, even at 5 1/2 months. BLECH. I have to be REALLY thirsty ;)

Just keep up on other liquids. And Protein drinks count![/quote']

Thanks dooter I'll keep that in mind :)

I didn't like plain Water much the first couple of weeks either. I survived off of fruit 2 O....the flavors were light and not overpowering. The sipping is a bit of an adjustment!!! Works to get your brain to SLOW down ;-}.

It is funny how liquids go down now...sounds like a system of funnels in there with all of the gurgling!

Post op day 5/6, I had a bad gad bubble right at the top of my breast bone...fortunately a lot of walking and was gone the next day. Keep up the good work before you know it this will be a distant memory and you will be reaping the rewards!!!

I find that every time I get up to fast I get the hiccups for a few seconds. Haven't had any pain in my shoulder.

Do hiccups hurt? I am not sleeved yet and just curious if it hurts to hiccup post-op.

Nope. Just annoying.

Do hiccups hurt? I am not sleeved yet and just curious if it hurts to hiccup post-op.

I'm 5 days post op and hiccups are the devil. Keep a pillow with you. It helps. Mine have gotten better. I get them maybe once a day instead of everytime I get up to walk.