Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What I Won't Miss....

oh wow..........here is one I can paricipate in' date=' even though I'm a pre-sleeve! [/sub']

I will not miss the following:

[*]desperately searching for the largest size of the one thing I found that I liked in the fat department

[*]being relegated to brown, black and navy, or clothes in some god awful floral print, horizontal stripes and tops/dresses festooned with ribbons, bows, sequins, big plastic jewels, glitter, sreen printed kittens and butterflies, crinkle fabric/ruching, and belts on plus size pants that do not fit plus size women. (I meean what the hell is that about? Putting a size 14 belt on size 26 pants? I seem to find this ALL THE TIME!)

[*]having my shopping trolley dissected and commented on

[*]having food servers automatically assume that I want dessert or the largest serve they offer

[*]having people (usually high school or college kids, but recently fully grown adult men) make farm animal noises at me when I dare to eat in public

[*]being too self conscious to go out and actually enjoy myself

[*]being afraid to sit on aluminium folding lawn chairs or plastic patio chairs for fear they will break

[*]being unable to find a nice bra in my size and being forced to settle for something that even Aunt Agnes finds unappealing

[*]being unable to find matching bra and panty sets in my size

[*]having to buy pants to fit my waist which means they bag horribly in the ass and legs

[*]getting stared at in clothing shops and boutiques that clearly do not cater to fat women.......even if I'm just looking for jewelry and accessories in the first place

[*]being too afraid to go to a public pool.......just to put my feet in........even in peddle pushers and a 3/4 top because people stare, whisper, point or just out right make fun

i could go on and on, but there is only so much band width to go around.

:)

Awesome post, most of them are on my list too!

I really can't believe people would make farm animal noises at you! Well I can believe it but it still amazes me people can be so cruel.

The one thing I'm looking forward to is being in pictures. I avoid pictures at all cost, because it reminds me of how I really look, not the vision I have of myself in my head. Me and my son go a lot of places and I'm never in pics with him. If friends and I are taking pics together, I always stipulate a head shot only.

All in all, I'm hoping my new skinny life helps leave proof I do exist in pictures.

Wow! That is awful that people make noises at you. Seriously? What in the HELL is wrong with people?

I share your same list - I am looking forward to so much in my new "skinny" life! :) Good luck to you.

I know. I was minding my own business and having lunch - a salad, without anything "good/tasty" in it (no cheese, bacon, croutons, nuts etc) and no dressing either. Just some grilled chicken. 2 men (guessing mid-late 20s) sat down across from me and every time I took a bite one would make pig noises and the other would laugh his head off. It went on for several minutes, until I finally just abandoned my salad and left. No point in saying anything, it would just inflame the situation. I've learned not to start fights I won't win, no matter how right I am simply because you cannot reason with a moron.

Well, ultimately I WILL win, because I will not always be this size, BUT, I likely will never see those guys or people who have stared, whispered and given me filthy looks again to say HA! Plus I believe in karma, so it's out of hands now.

Oh and good luck to you as well!

:)

Awesome post, most of them are on my list too!

I really can't believe people would make farm animal noises at you! Well I can believe it but it still amazes me people can be so cruel.

The one thing I'm looking forward to is being in pictures. I avoid pictures at all cost, because it reminds me of how I really look, not the vision I have of myself in my head. Me and my son go a lot of places and I'm never in pics with him. If friends and I are taking pics together, I always stipulate a head shot only.

All in all, I'm hoping my new skinny life helps leave proof I do exist in pictures.

Yep. People I general are pretty good, but like apples there are always those few bad ones that wreck the whole lot. Like I said, I refuse to engage with them. Nothing I'd say back would do anything but aggravate the situation. Still hurts though.

Oh, and you are so spot on about that whole picture thing. I am so anti-picture that I'd run my own mother over with a car to get away from a camera, unless I'm the one taking pics! Gnotobiotic really, cause I love my mama! But I use that to express the lengths I go to avoid snaps). I actually desperately desire to be in pictures BUT I so hate the way I look in them that I just don't. It's morphed into a paranoia now. And it's only because of my weight and size. I think I am otherwise not horrible looking if not somewhat attractive.

One day! One day I will be able to join others in pictures!

:-)

I couldn't miss making note of the one thing I most definitely will not miss....drum roll please...my thighs rubbing together and sweating while wearing a dress. This causes me not to wear skirts/dresses unless its cold outside and rarely then because of the rash it creates and the pain of my thighs rubbing...I can't wait till I have loss enough weight :P

You said it!! Also, I will not miss going to the flight counter and hoping they don't ask me to buy another seat, and crying when I need an extension. I look forward to not needing to look at the weight limit for anything.

Also feeling more confident.

Yes, I am always there too,anxious and on pins and needles. Even though I've never been unable to fasten my seatbelt and I don't hang over into the other seat, I know it's only a matter of time before I get "Southwested" at the airport. I have had the unfortunate experience of having a seat mate ask the flight attendant if he could move seats (didn't want to sit next to a fat woman) and then sit with his contempt rising off him like steam when told no he could not (flight was FULL). I saw the look of disgust on his face when he saw me approaching that row of seats and then his reluctance at getting up to allow me to get to my seat by the window just confirmed it. I spent 4 hours squashing myself against the plane wall, holding my elbows in tightly making sure i didn't 'get any of my fat on him' and pointedly refusing refreshments.......thinking if I made it obvious I was trying not to inconvenience him that he'd at least stop all that hostile sighing...... which was a waste of time because he was just infuriated the whole time anyway.

I'm sick of being fat and being hated for it! I won't miss it at all.

I couldn't miss making note of the one thing I most definitely will not miss....drum roll please...my thighs rubbing together and sweating while wearing a dress. This causes me not to wear skirts/dresses unless its cold outside and rarely then because of the rash it creates and the pain of my thighs rubbing...I can't wait till I have loss enough weight :P

For me it's being able to wear tops in the summer and not have to keep pulling the fabric out of a crease where I've got a roll. TMI, I know, but it's the reason I wear too big tops, which is more comfortable but sloppy looking. Can't win for losing!

And I would like to be able to tuck my shirts into my pants or jeans and wear a belt just for show.

:-D

Hating taking pictures bc I looked fat in them...

Renea77

i always avoided the camera like it was the plague :(

When i wasn't that heavy yet, stiill didn't want to have a picture taken of me - didn't want others to see what i looked like, i think they already knew :o

thats why i don't have any decent, old pictures showing how i looked , before and after

i will not run away now when i see a camera ;)

kathy

Where do I start!? I will not miss being "the heavy friend" out of my group of girlfriends. I will not miss going to the mall with all of them and just holding all THEIR shopping bags, lol! No more hiding from the camera for pictures. And most definitely no more just being the girl with all the guy friends but no boyfriend... Can't wait to be sleeved and start my journey!!!!

Awesome topic!! All of the above...and trimming my toe nails without my stomach getting in the way :)

Where do I start!? I will not miss being "the heavy friend" out of my group of girlfriends. I will not miss going to the mall with all of them and just holding all THEIR shopping bags' date=' lol! No more hiding from the camera for pictures. And most definitely no more just being the girl with all the guy friends but no boyfriend... Can't wait to be sleeved and start my journey!!!![/quote']

I am soo with you...I won't miss being "the heavy girlfriend" out of my group of friends!! Totally forgot that.

i won't miss my gigantic rear end :D

kathy

I am so with you! My rear has it's own zip code! I won't missed being called a "big girl" by my 80 year old patients.

Spanx under jeans! It's been one hot summer and Fridays at my job are jeans day. Plus I feel half sick by the end of the day. I think a spanx burning party may be appropriate in my future.

I thought of another one idk if any of you do this but....I won't miss worrying about about weighing more than my husband bc right now we weigh the same but he is 6'2" compared to my 5'2".I know my husband is very sweet and loves me for me but I definitely do not look the same as the day we got married.I would also like to stop getting the "how on earth did she net him?"looks from waitresses and store clerks when I am out with my hot military husband .

-I will not miss my six year old telling me I have a big butt and when we fly she can put her arm rest down, because my butt is too big.

-I will not miss looking into my closet trying to figure out what to wear.

-I will not miss worry if I will fit into a chair.

-I will not miss my 54" hips.

-I will not miss working out and not seeing results.

-I will not miss being heavier than my husband.

-I will not miss feeling self conscience in my swimsuit.

-I will not miss Lane Bryant, Fashion Bug, Always for Me, and the Avenue.

-I will not miss my feet hurting from a 2" heel.

-I will not miss feeling winded going up a flight of steps.

-I will not miss people telling me I have such a pretty face.