Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What I Won't Miss....

I won't miss the fact that when I go to the Day Spa with my girlfriends and they give me one of those skimpy white robes that never closes b/c they are all made for skinny folks.

I usually end up just staying in my comfy clothes and sure as the sun will rise one of my friend's says "why are you not wearing the robe they gave you?"

I want to say "for Christ's sake, have you spent the last 10 years buried in a hole in the yard? I am obese and can't fit into one."

I look forward to the day I can walk out of the dressing room at the Spa sporting my very own white robe for skinny b**ches! :)

What is it you won't miss????

The sweat and pain of carrying around an extra person!

I wont miss wearing a sweater over my top to work on the hottest days of the year because I'm fat and it hides my stomach.

I wont miss having to buy x-large and wearing a tankini.

I wont miss all those oversized tops in my closet .

I look forward too a whole new wardrobe. I look forward to going for a regular massage and not being the fat girl. I look forward to being sexy again for my husband and leaving the lights on. I look forward to a whole new life

Thanks UT Gal for starting this link!

I wont miss NOT being able to shop in 75% of clothing stores in the mall.

What I had been looking forward to and have now received!

Sitting next to someone without holding my breath to try and take up less space (I don't think it ever really helped, though).

Buying something off the rack and having it fit when I got home.

Being PAIN FREE - Well I am at about 90% and thrilled! My biggest fear was giving up Motrin (I took 800mg 2-3 times per day and was still in pain!!-feet, ankles, calves, knees, back, neck - literally in pain from head to toe). I haven't taken any pain meds since my surgery.

Being able to run - I'm signed up for my first ever 5K!!

And OH YEAH! Leaving the LIGHTS ON!! ;)

So much more. This sleeve has changed my life!! Fun Fun Topic - Thanks UT Gal!!

I'm with the OP on the whole day spa thing. I hope to some day be able to opt for no swimsuit in swimsuit optional situations (hot springs, day spa, jacuzzis). That may be a tall order but it's very important to me.

I want to be able to tuck my shirt into my pants! I work in a professional environment and currently feel so frumpy :(

I want to enjoy sex again, and be able to run again, I want to ride my bike for miles and miles.

I don't want strangers to avoid sitting next to me on the bus.

I want to feel comfortable in my body and proud of my accomplishments.

I am SO ready for this! 8/31 cannot come fast enough!

What I won't miss is feeling like the biggest person in the room when I walk into it. I won't miss feeling embarrassed to eat in public. I won't miss not being able to wear

short sleeve tops or dresses because I hate my flabby arms. I won't miss not being able to shop in my home town for clothes. I won't miss worrying if I will be able to get my butt into chairs when I go places or have to ask for a seatbelt extension on airplanes. I won't miss being so unfit I can't join in things for fear I can't finish or will hold people up. I won't miss discounting opportunities for relationships so I can avoid being naked in front of someone else. Man, I could go on all ***ht...I won't though lol

Since I am all skinny, let me see what I have been doing, 1) wearing ****ty clothes with my ass hanging out, no loose skin,2) Go to Victoria secret, was 40DD, now 36D, going out more, actually I asked men out, pictures, pictures , spa is my second home, above all my new nickname, " miss skinny" but Danm I don't want to be conceited but I look hot

I wont miss NOT being able to shop in 75% of clothing stores in the mall.

You said it!! Also, I will not miss going to the flight counter and hoping they don't ask me to buy another seat, and crying when I need an extension. I look forward to not needing to look at the weight limit for anything.

Also feeling more confident.

Since I am all skinny, let me see what I have been doing, 1) wearing ****ty clothes with my ass hanging out, no loose skin,2) Go to Victoria secret, was 40DD, now 36D, going out more, actually I asked men out, pictures, pictures , spa is my second home, above all my new nickname, " miss skinny" but Danm I don't want to be conceited but I look hot

LOL but seriously....Git it Gurrl!I will be the same way :)

oh wow..........here is one I can paricipate in, even though I'm a pre-sleeve!

I will not miss the following:

• desperately searching for the largest size of the one thing I found that I liked in the fat department
  • being relegated to brown, black and navy, or clothes in some god awful floral print, horizontal stripes and tops/dresses festooned with ribbons, bows, sequins, big plastic jewels, glitter, sreen printed kittens and butterflies, crinkle fabric/ruching, and belts on plus size pants that do not fit plus size women. (I meean what the hell is that about? Putting a size 14 belt on size 26 pants? I seem to find this ALL THE TIME!)
  • having my shopping trolley dissected and commented on
  • having food servers automatically assume that I want dessert or the largest serve they offer
  • having people (usually high school or college kids, but recently fully grown adult men) make farm animal noises at me when I dare to eat in public
  • being too self conscious to go out and actually enjoy myself
  • being afraid to sit on aluminium folding lawn chairs or plastic patio chairs for fear they will break
  • being unable to find a nice bra in my size and being forced to settle for something that even Aunt Agnes finds unappealing
  • being unable to find matching bra and panty sets in my size
  • having to buy pants to fit my waist which means they bag horribly in the ass and legs
  • getting stared at in clothing shops and boutiques that clearly do not cater to fat women.......even if I'm just looking for jewelry and accessories in the first place
  • being too afraid to go to a public pool.......just to put my feet in........even in peddle pushers and a 3/4 top because people stare, whisper, point or just out right make fun

i could go on and on, but there is only so much band width to go around.

:)

What I won't miss....

Hating taking pictures bc I looked fat in them...

Getting rid of the 4 different sizes of clothes(12-18) I kept in my closet bc I knew I would regain the weight I lost regularly....

Never taking a picture in a bathing suit..l took my first bathing suit picture 2 months ago in Jamaica!!!!

The lack of motivation and desire to be healthy....

And MOST importantly....the 66 pounds I have lost since being sleeved on 3/14!!

I am so happy and healthy!! I run 5k races now, just finished yesterdays race in 35 minutes, I take spinning and Zumba, lift weights and am about to try crossfit!! I don't remember the last time I weighed 164....it was a LONG time ago! I won't miss being over 220 pounds ever again!! Great topic!

oh wow..........here is one I can paricipate in, even though I'm a pre-sleeve!

I will not miss the following:

• desperately searching for the largest size of the one thing I found that I liked in the fat department
  • being relegated to brown, black and navy, or clothes in some god awful floral print, horizontal stripes and tops/dresses festooned with ribbons, bows, sequins, big plastic jewels, glitter, sreen printed kittens and butterflies, crinkle fabric/ruching, and belts on plus size pants that do not fit plus size women. (I meean what the hell is that about? Putting a size 14 belt on size 26 pants? I seem to find this ALL THE TIME!)
  • having my shopping trolley dissected and commented on
  • having food servers automatically assume that I want dessert or the largest serve they offer
  • having people (usually high school or college kids, but recently fully grown adult men) make farm animal noises at me when I dare to eat in public
  • being too self conscious to go out and actually enjoy myself
  • being afraid to sit on aluminium folding lawn chairs or plastic patio chairs for fear they will break
  • being unable to find a nice bra in my size and being forced to settle for something that even Aunt Agnes finds unappealing
  • being unable to find matching bra and panty sets in my size
  • having to buy pants to fit my waist which means they bag horribly in the ass and legs
  • getting stared at in clothing shops and boutiques that clearly do not cater to fat women.......even if I'm just looking for jewelry and accessories in the first place
  • being too afraid to go to a public pool.......just to put my feet in........even in peddle pushers and a 3/4 top because people stare, whisper, point or just out right make fun

i could go on and on, but there is only so much band width to go around.

:)

Wow! That is awful that people make noises at you. Seriously? What in the HELL is wrong with people?

I share your same list - I am looking forward to so much in my new "skinny" life! :) Good luck to you.