Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Super Nurses With Sleeves (Support Group)

Those who have already been sleeved, how long did it take before you we're back to work? My surgery is scheduled for march 20 but I only took a week off. I am currently working long term care. I am on the floor most of my shift other than the hour or so I spend charting. Just curious what the census is?

Andi

Today is my surgery date. I'm very nervous and Having second thoughts. I know this is going to be a emotional day. In Mexico they usually get you right in to surgery so that you will have more post recovery time before you come back to the states. I think it is going to be very overwhelming and give me little time to ponder. I will let everyone know how it goes.

You are gonna do great!!!! Having my surgery 7-24 of last year - has made me a better nurse. Take one day at a time. You may find yourself in a holding pattern, but focus on the outcome!!!! keep posting when you can!

Sending those healing thoughts your way Bowgirl!!! Let us know how you're doing when you're up to it. Take care and safe trip home :)

Today is my surgery date. I'm very nervous and Having second thoughts. I know this is going to be a emotional day. In Mexico they usually get you right in to surgery so that you will have more post recovery time before you come back to the states. I think it is going to be very overwhelming and give me little time to ponder. I will let everyone know how it goes.

Good luck and look forward to your update.

Had my surgery Wednesday. Home today feeling better than I expected drinking fluids walking. It was a very good experience.

Congrats nurse Ghana we sure did deserve it!

Hi Ballermom!

I saw you were sleeved 2/27/13! yay! :)

How are you feeling since surgery?

I am an ER nurse as well, and I was planning on going back to work in 2 weeks. What's your opinion on that?

It is 7:15 here in Mexico. I am patiently waiting for my surgery to begin. I am a little freaked out that they still span on doing my surgery so late but I guess it is not usual here. I am gowned, IV started, EKG done, and lab drawn. They drew a CBC,cmp and HIV. They gave me rocephin IV push and I almost immediately vomited. I don't have a allergy to it but I guess since it was pushed instead of piggy backed I got sick. I am not just waiting for them to come get me. I am extremely tired and getting hungry from being npo all day. I'm so glad my friend who is also a RN is here with me. They do things a little differently here but nothing too alarming. I sure wish they would let me wear some underwear.

It is 7:15 here in Mexico. I am patiently waiting for my surgery to begin. I am a little freaked out that they still span on doing my surgery so late but I guess it is not usual here. I am gowned' date=' IV started, EKG done, and lab drawn. They drew a CBC,cmp and HIV. They gave me rocephin IV push and I almost immediately vomited. I don't have a allergy to it but I guess since it was pushed instead of piggy backed I got sick. I am not just waiting for them to come get me. I am extremely tired and getting hungry from being npo all day. I'm so glad my friend who is also a RN is here with me. They do things a little differently here but nothing too alarming. I sure wish they would let me wear some underwear.[/quote']

Good luck. You will wake on the sleeved side.

Hi guys! I am a critical care RN in the Orlando area. Been a nurse since 1996, seems like just yesterday. The knowledge of what can happen in the long run from obesity is why i am going forward with the sleeve, that is more scary to me than the idea of complications from this surgery. I am waiting for the last paperwork to come in before they can submit to insurance.

Nurseghana, ballermom,Tammy61. Congrats on your successful surgeries!! I just returned home last night from the hospital, the first night was Torture!! I told the anesthesiologist to not give me dilaudid, it causes severe vomiting/anxiety and sends my BP off the roof. So needless to say when I woke in PACU heard the nurse say push the button, I did and I regretted it because it was dilaudid. :wacko: I spent the first 24hrs sick as a dog, getting IV lopressor and vasotec. Thank goodness my mom was there to advocate for me, I tried to send her home earlier that day but she refused (Moms do know best). They switched me to demerol later that night and what a difference a day makes. I am feeling good, still trying to get my fluids in it's extremely hard for me but each day does get better. I am still early on in this process but so far this is one of the best decisions I have made. Good luck nurses who are soon to be getting sleeved, cant wait to hear your stories!!

Congrats Just1Girl. I am glad you are feeling better and home. I love your positive attitude.

I'm a nursing student and a nursing assistant. I have three semester left and I've been an aide for 10 years I also take care of my 88yo Gramma who lives with me. All thus caretaking has made me stressed. All the stress has left me very heavy. I am having my surgery in April, just waiting for approval. Dr said I should no problem. Did I mention I have a toddler too! Haha Started pre-op diet today, no problems so far. Getting super excited and mentally ready for the surgery. I live in West Michigan and can't be happier with the program so far. Everything is expensive so money worries me but its worth it. Love the thread!

I am 8 days out and today is a great day! I look forward to each day and small Victories 1 day 1 victory at a time. Like today I was out Shopping no real fatigue.

I am learning to listen to my body. Example, My sleeve dose not like tap Water so I m using bottled water. Goes down better and no pain. My sleeve also does not like sweet Protein Drinks even Premier Protein this week. So back to Syntrax and my sleeve tolerated it, Victory! Each day is getting better and better. I'm learning and loving my sleeve. Nurses, nursing students and nursing assistants you are all Angels and VIP s. Congrats and Good luck.

hi i am kate LPN for about 30yrs, worked in OR, ortho, and acute care. I was sleeved in Buffalo NY in november. It has be a slow go for me. I have never really been sick or had pain before, so this has been unpleasant at least. i have learned alot from this site. gas x strips have been a great help. the thought of shakes or yogurt make me yak just thinking about them, Protein is still a daily challenge, and i get tired very easily currently thinking about joining the ymca

I have been an LVN for 19 years doing home health, I had my sleeve 3-22-12 so far I've lost about 130lbs but now at a stand still, I want to loose about 40-50lbs more but have had some health issues pop up and I am having to take high doses of prednisone. It is very discouraging to not see a loss but I'm keeping a positive attitude that when I am able to stop the prednisone I can continue on my journey.