Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Super Nurses With Sleeves (Support Group)

Congratulations Nurseghana!!!! Rest up as you start your new life :)

Thanks so much to all of you

Had my surgery Wednesday. Home today feeling better than I expected drinking fluids walking. It was a very good experience.

Congrats nurse Ghana we sure did deserve it!

Are you a nurse? I am starting a support group for nurses that are contemplating, undergoing or are now 'old pro's' with their sleeves!

By way of introduction, my name is Jana & I live in the DFW area and am currently undergoing the approval process. I have been a RN for 38 years--18 years in Surgery & 18 years in Case Management & as a Manager for a major health plan carrier.

So feel free to jump on board!

hi there

i am a nurse in marin co CA. i will be searching for a new position come about sept although i am employed FT still.. your your group sounds. count me in! thank you!

trish

Hi Nurses!!

I am 31 years young and from Louisiana. I am a school nurse. I have been a nurse for seven years. I put on all the weight when I took the school nurse job. Lots of time sitting at a desk doing paper work. So I have finally made the decision to get a sleeve. I have an appointment this week. Nervous and excited!

I am a nurse at a big academic medical center. I have an administrative position - I was sleeved 9/10/12 and have 13 lbs to lose before I am at my goal.

I haven't had any complications and am very happy with my decision to have the sleeve.

I'm a RN working as an educator. I was sleeved on February 12th.

Well ladies wish me well, I have surgery on the am. Luckily I am the first case, I have been extremely anxious and excited.

Good luck to you! Wishing you an easy time and speedy recovery! Let us know how you do.

Good luck to those sleeved on 3/4/13!

I am a RN from Texas. Unfortunately I can't get too detailed because my coworkers don't know what I am having done. My bmi isn't high enough for insurance to pay so I will be heading to Mexico this Wednesday with Dr. Ponce Deleon. My best friend who is also a Rn will be going with me. She had the same surgery a little over a year ago with the same Dr. I feel better knowing that she is knowledgable in the medical field and that she has already "been there and done that".

My biggest worry is that I will not come back alive and the position that will put my family in. My husband is supportive but worried. He eats healthy and works out daily. I feel like he thinks that if I would just do what he does that I could lose weight. I guess I could but I don't want to be 50 and having to go to the gym daily. I am nervous about going in to Mexico and not knowing the language. I plan on updating how my Mexico experience goes for anyone who is also considering this. Thanks.

I'm a RN of 17 years living 90 min south of Chicago . I've worked ,Med-Surg,ICU,&Outpatient .Im getting sleeved in 2 days !!!3-06-13... So far , third day of Clear Liquids , doing well !!! Down 8# of Fluid !!! Looking so forward to this wonderful tool to help me bring control in my eating habits and return to life !!!!! I'm been missing out as life has been passing me by as I've had some much pain . I also need bilateral knee replacements ! So this weight must come off and stay off !!! Praise God - I feel this is right where I'm too be !!!

Bowgirl....as cheesy as it sounds....I'll be praying for you:) I think you will be so happy with your decision when it is over. Stay strong and remain positive..... you can do anything....!!!!!!!

Hi! I've been an RN for 18 years...having worked ICU and now pediatrics in a group practice. I was always active...hiking, camping, skiing.....and then not so much. I am 47 and over 100# what I should be :( Tried so many diets etc. I am totally overwhelmed. I've lost the same 20# more times than I can count. I meet with my surgeon in 2 days and just want to start what I pray will be a new chance at the life I miss. Good luck to you all who are farther ahead in your journey! I hope we can all be there for each other!

Thanks NurseDee! I appreciate that.