Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Super Nurses With Sleeves (Support Group)

Hey everyone I'm a CNA for 6 years. I have my last weigh in tomorrow and hope they just approve me for the sleeve. I had the band put in 2009 and that did not work for me. So they will be taking it out And doing the sleeve at the same time. I did not tell my job yet that I am going for the surgery. Good luck to all my fellow nurses!

Hi everyone! My name is Heidi and I just got sleeved on 9/10/2015. I'm an LPN and I work at an Internal Medicine office. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and to also get some support :)

Hello all!! I am a nurse in central Florida. I've been a nurse for 8 years, first as a bedside nurse on a surgical unit, then team leader and most recently manager. I was just sleeved on 10/8. I am still on liquids and having a hard time with the Protein. It is so thick and gives everything a funny taste. I don't like yogurt so the only thing I really enjoy that has protein is my instant Breakfast. After two weeks of pre-op I am having a hard time stomaching the protein shakes!! I went in GNC the other day for some suggestions on how to get the protein in and to look at the Isopure stuff. The guy that worked there was such a jerk- do you ever feel like if you were skinnier you would get much better service? So I am still confused on how to get protein in being on full liquids.. Anyone have any suggestions?

I am looking forward to starting my journey - glad I found some nurses to share it with !!

I am on this forum everyday and just noticed this one. I have been an RN for 33 years, most f that in home health care, and a manger of a home health agency fr 5 years. Never want to be a manager again. I had a work injury May of 2014 and have not been back to work since. I had to have surgery on my wrist last November, and now awaiting approval, or denial of a left total knee. I was sleeved on 8/3/2015, and to date with preop have lost 26lbs. Slow at losing weight, get discouraged, but doc says slow and steady is the best way. I know we are all different, but I see so many losing alot more weight in the same amount of time, and they cheat. I have not strayed from the plan. I just feel the surgeon did his part, and I am doing mine and that's all that can be done at the present time. Since 7/16, I have lost 39 lbs. Nice to read about everyone, and good luck to all of us. I am from NY but now live in Southern California.

Hello all!! I am a nurse in central Florida. I've been a nurse for 8 years, first as a bedside nurse on a surgical unit, then team leader and most recently manager. I was just sleeved on 10/8. I am still on liquids and having a hard time with the Protein. It is so thick and gives everything a funny taste. I don't like yogurt so the only thing I really enjoy that has protein is my instant breakfast. After two weeks of pre-op I am having a hard time stomaching the protein shakes!! I went in GNC the other day for some suggestions on how to get the protein in and to look at the Isopure stuff. The guy that worked there was such a jerk- do you ever feel like if you were skinnier you would get much better service? So I am still confused on how to get protein in being on full liquids.. Anyone have any suggestions?

I am looking forward to starting my journey - glad I found some nurses to share it with !!

Hi Amber,

I haven't been sleeved yet but started trying different protein preparations in advance. The one I have found that has the best taste and packs the most punch is Premier Protein-30 grams. Comes in 3 flavors-chocolate, vanilla, strawberry. I get it at Sam's. But it's available at Walmart etc. Cold is best!

Also, try an unflavored Protein Powder. That way anything that you blend with (crystal light, broth, etc.) it will take on that flavor.

Good luck!

I have been an LPN for 13 years. I am a pulmonary nurse. I was sleeved on 5-7-15 and have lost 40 pounds. My coworkers and management team have been wonderfully supportive since my surgery. I am blessed to have so many supportive people. I was only off two weeks post op. I have stalled with my weight loss and need suggestions on how to get over this bump. Any suggestions?

Hello all!! I am a nurse in central Florida. I've been a nurse for 8 years, first as a bedside nurse on a surgical unit, then team leader and most recently manager. I was just sleeved on 10/8. I am still on liquids and having a hard time with the Protein. It is so thick and gives everything a funny taste. I don't like yogurt so the only thing I really enjoy that has protein is my instant breakfast. After two weeks of pre-op I am having a hard time stomaching the protein shakes!! I went in GNC the other day for some suggestions on how to get the protein in and to look at the Isopure stuff. The guy that worked there was such a jerk- do you ever feel like if you were skinnier you would get much better service? So I am still confused on how to get protein in being on full liquids.. Anyone have any suggestions?

Hi Amber,

I haven't been sleeved yet but started trying different protein preparations in advance. The one I have found that has the best taste and packs the most punch is Premier Protein-30 grams. Comes in 3 flavors-chocolate, vanilla, strawberry. I get it at Sam's. But it's available at Walmart etc. Cold is best!

Also, try an unflavored protein powder. That way anything that you blend with (crystal light, broth, etc.) it will take on that flavor.

Good luck!

Thank you - I will try that one. Every time I try to blend it the drink gets all foamy !! Maybe it's the milk I am using ?

Thank you - I will try that one. Every time I try to blend it the drink gets all foamy !! Maybe it's the milk I am using ?

The Premier Protein is a prepared shake-no mixing, 11 oz.

I have been a nurse for 6 years now. I worked in corrections for 5 years and started working psych a year ago. I have been planning my sleeve since July. I am scheduled for surgery next week. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I have had a couple friends who have had the surgery already and have had phenomenal success. I only hope that I am that successful. Most people I work with already know that I am having the surgery and are saying encouraging words. Doesn't help my nervousness though. I have been researching different recipes and things I can do after the surgery. I'm glad to have found this forum and all these nursing professionals to help along the way.

I'm from the north eastern coast of Australia and have been a nurse for sixteen years, 18 months straight out of uni in med/surg and fifteen in ICU.

I'm being sleeved on December 9th and I cannot wait! Only thing is I seem to be doing a lap of honour with all of my favourite foods (food funerals?). I know I'll eventually be able to eat anything but it's not stopping me doing it anyway.

I was sleeved on 10/28. The put a scalpolamine patch on me and it has helped tremendously. They also did a tap before I came out of surgery. It's basically like a spinal but it affects the nerves in your abdomen. It works miracles. I would suggest it to anyone.

I was sleeved on May 18, 2015. I was 234 lbs on day of surgery. Today I am 170.2 lbs. That is 63.8 lbs weightoss. My goal is to be 135 lbs. I have 35.2 lbs to go.