Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm just 5 weeks out and doing great, but I've noticed I can eat and drink much more lately than I had been able to. For example, I had no problem eating 2 scrambled eggs this morning and 8 oz of Protein Shake went wdown easily. For lunch I was able to eat approx 10oz of ricotta. Is this normal?

Sent from my iPhone using VST

eggs and ricotta are soft foods, and a shake is a liquid. You won't feel much restriction with them. Dense Protein, like meat, will make you full much faster.

Those don't sound like horrible quantities. I'm only 3 days post-op, but would not mind eating that much in one go as long as it SATISFIES me. I would much rather have a slightly higher capacity than the complications of a too-small stomach. I've wondered for a while if a man's stomach wouldn't end up with a bit more capacity than a woman's with Dr. Kim, since he uses the endoscope instead of an actual bougie. Curious to hear what Dr. Kim's other patients have to say as well.

IDK. I think there must be quite a bit of swelling at first. THen when the swelling goes down there is more room . I just started mushies on Tue and one soft scrambled egg lasted me 3 meals and I enjoyed every bite. I would think a man's stomach would be a little better. Good luck.

What does using the endoscope rather than a bougie do? I think my surgeon does that too and I was curious if that will result in a more positive result. Anyone know???

Aren't stomachs just stomachs? Is there a difference between a man's stomach and a woman's???

UTGal99 taller people seem to have bigger stomachs than shorter people. I have also heard that some people just have bigger tummies than others. Perhaps it is genetic? I have no idea. As far as an endoscope for sleeve surgery, I don't know if it's any better or worse than a bougie. I DO KNOW that MOST sleeve surgeons use a bougie. So perhaps that means the bougie is superior? I don't know. I would assume that but who knows? I think perhaps discussing this with your surgeon would be good.

I have the egg beater equivelant of 2 eggs every morning. I also drink 8 oz of Protein shake 2 or 3 times a day and have been doing so since I was 4 weeks out. As long as your calories are where your doctor suggests they should be, I don't see a problem with what you're eating.

But just keep in mind, just because you CAN eat 8 or 12 oz of something doesn't mean you have to. Eating till you are full is part of what got you here. Now learn to eat till you're no longer hungry.

I have the egg beater equivelant of 2 eggs every morning. I also drink 8 oz of Protein shake 2 or 3 times a day and have been doing so since I was 4 weeks out. As long as your calories are where your doctor suggests they should be' date=' I don't see a problem with what you're eating.

But just keep in mind, just because you CAN eat 8 or 12 oz of something doesn't mean you have to. Eating till you are full is part of what got you here. Now learn to eat till you're no longer hungry.[/quote']

Thank you for the great advice! I will surely remember that!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I am a month out, just yesterday. I have noticed I can handle more consumption than I thought I would or it sounds like others are handling. It worried me as well.

I'm just 5 weeks out and doing great' date=' but I've noticed I can eat and drink much more lately than I had been able to. For example, I had no problem eating 2 scrambled eggs this morning and 8 oz of Protein Shake went wdown easily. For lunch I was able to eat approx 10oz of ricotta. Is this normal?

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

I am only 2 1/2 weeks out and I can easily eat a whole egg and a quarter cup of corned-beef hash. I was told that I was only going to be able to eat a quarter cup, a half cup+ seems more like it.

I am still losing a lb a day so I am just going with it, but it seems odd.

Sent from my iPad using VST

I'm on soft food stage and can eat about 2 oz. and one bite more pushes me to " too full " stage

What does using the endoscope rather than a bougie do? I think my surgeon does that too and I was curious if that will result in a more positive result. Anyone know???

Dr. Kim explained to me that it lets him see the stomach and the staple line from the inside.

Aren't stomachs just stomachs? Is there a difference between a man's stomach and a woman's???

I don't know that a man's stomach is bigger, it just seems a reasonable assumption. We may end up with the same diameter, but if men start out with a longer stomach, it must then have a larger capacity.

I think that you are doing ok with what you described however 10 oz of ricotta makes me gurgle at the thought...thats like over a cup of cheese!!!

As you continue to heal I think you are able to handle more and like stated earlier when you increase to more dense foods your capacity will go back to very little.

I have days that I feel ike I am eating more than others and then there are days I have to force myself to eat my 8-10 bites every 5 hours- but all in all i wouldnt trade if for the world it is still 100% less than what I consumed pre op...

I don't know that a man's stomach is bigger' date=' it just seems a reasonable assumption. We may end up with the same diameter, but if men start out with a longer stomach, it must then have a larger capacity.[/quote']

Just recently there was a post about this. I believe there was a link to an article that stated that taller people did not have longer stomachs, therefore their sleeves would not be longer. But, I don't know how true that is. I'm 6'1" and I can eat more than most people here, but alot less than I used to eat and something must be right cause I'm losing weight and I'm not hungry.